It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to see the "baby hurricane"?? The baby growing and moving towards china right now..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hey guys still in fragile Earth forum..Right now a super cell baby hurricane growing toward china or japan..Looks like powerfull..

what do you say guys?? is this baby can grow to a monster??

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I thought that since it is in the Pacific it is called a Typhoon. I know...its just a word. But that does look powerful. I expect many landslides for the region in the near future.

On a even gloomier note, since this region is also located within the Ring of Fire, if even a mildly strong earthquake strikes, it will double the trouble.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Someone give the ocean an abortion asap.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

i agree with you..remember china is the biggest population country..just a litle earthquake can be make big trouble..lets see how big this baby growing..

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Excuse me that is up to the ocean to decide.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy

i agree with you..remember china is the biggest population country..just a litle earthquake can be make big trouble..lets see how big this baby growing..

I haven't got time to research this but has there been proven or are there any theories that hurricanes/typhoons/cyclones can trigger earthquakes? If you think about how the low pressure affects and displaces large volumes of water (storm surges) then there must be a huge change in weight on the sea floor. Could the greater weight around a low pressure system bear down on the sea floor possibly aiding subduction? Or does the volume of water moving in equal the weight of the atmosphere that has lifted?

PS - asking in general not just you TDawg, don't panic

edit on 9-7-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Wow, now that is interesting. I was about to dismiss as heading towards Japan or Korea, Taiwan, or fizzle out in the middle of the Pacific.

What is different about this one (so far) is that it is moving nearly straight West as of now. Typically these typhoons will form East of the Philippines (Philippine Sea), and will either go through the Phils. and hit Hainan or Vietnam etc, or it will "hook out" and head Northeast. This one is different in its behavior so far, but not unheard of.

Some links I use:
NOAA - GOES - MTSat West for SE Asia

This looks to be heading North of Taiwan but will fizzle out perhaps:

Typhoon2000.ph

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

I haven't got time to research this but has there been proven or are there any theories that hurricanes/typhoons/cyclones can trigger earthquakes? If you think about how the low pressure affects and displaces large volumes of water (storm surges) then there must be a huge change in weight on the sea floor. Could the greater weight around a low pressure system bear down on the sea floor possibly aiding subduction? Or does the volume of water moving in equal the weight of the atmosphere that has lifted?

you already answer your own question sir hehe

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

tq for the link sir..thats very good..
so sir..you from philipines? take carw and pray sir..hope there is no big trouble there..

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I posted this image in the North Atlantic Hurricane thread last night regarding Chantal, but it shows an interesting visual of your storm, and the others.

Pic Link: www.wunderground.com...

Peace

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

you already answer your own question sir hehe

But which answer was correct?!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Where is the jet stream in this picture....is it possible this could get directed back towards Alaska or Canada?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Here are some sat loops from NOAA.
It's a well formed storm. And it's heading right at Taiwan and China.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

One of the MSTAT Loops

www.ssd.noaa.gov...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Excuse me that is up to the ocean to decide.

I just spit out my tea laughing.

It's quite a beautiful little thing, very well organized.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Bro I gotta say I know your English isn't perfect it is a bastardized language but the combination of bean and your avatar just makes me smile combined with the improper grammar/spelling.

I grew up on him on CBC tv. it make me smile every time so thank you if you are not offended.

Lets just hope this will not turn out to be another disaster. I excluded natural because of the current state of the world who truly knows anymore the power of manipulation, truly, well GOVTs surely do.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Philippines

tq for the link sir..thats very good..
so sir..you from philipines? take carw and pray sir..hope there is no big trouble there..

You're welcome, and I'm no sir, but it sounds like your polite custom so thank you.

I live in the Phlippines but this looks like it will be going North of the Phils. The rainy/typhoon season is upon us!

This one is no trouble here, let's see what the future brings =)

top topics

join