It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wyatt Family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I was just watching and re-watching (Over 9000) times the debut of the Wyatt Family on WWE Raw tonight. Personally I felt this debut was awesome for them and hope the WWE can use them correctly. For some reason I see a little Cactus Jack in Bray Watt's speeches. He can catch you and reel you in with his ability to make you feel what he wanted you to feel.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
All those video promos preluding to the debut made everything especially amazing. One of the more memorable debuts I've seen since...Uhh...

Anyways, not even the smarks in the crowd could have ruined it...

Bravo

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm not impressed yet. It just seems to me like a re-hash of Hillbilly Jim with his Uncle Elmer and Cousins Luke and Junior, only with a heel twist. I doubt the WWE can make anything lasting out of it. The backwoods brawler angle is almost as worn out as the Native American with a headdress character. I think it would be a challenge for the script writers to come up with some new material for it. But, that's why they get the big bucks.

I think I've been watching wrasslin' too long. If I could bet on the winners in Vegas I could afford to hire Bill Gates to come over to my house and fix my computer.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

You need to follow the Bray Wyatt character more closely. You're talking about the Hillbilly Jim, Uncle Elmer, Godwin Brothers backwoods hillbilly type characters. Wyatt's character is a lot more intellectual and a lot more mentally twisted. The OP's Cactus Jack comparison is pretty solid, especially during his initial run in WCW.

I'm dumbfounded by how much the guy has improved on the mic since he was "Husky Harris." He's gone from being a so-so talker with a redneck gimmick to being able to weave the amazing tapestry of a madman with a messiah complex.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
After watching some of Bray Wyatt's vignette's before he showed back up after the repackage. It kind of reminded me of the days of ol' Danny Spivey and the "Waylon Mercy" gimmick he had. Those dark vignettes that make you think. However, I must say this. Bray Wyatt's character is more of a cult leader than that of a serial killer. Spivey's gimmick was based on Max Cady from the movie Cape Fear. Along with being blended influences from Vince McMahon's early childhood down in South Carolina. the Waylon Mercy gimmick was three years ahead of its time due to where it was supposed to have been based on some dark and shady characters both in real life and from the big screen.

Remember...... Lives are gonna be... in Waylon Mercy's hands. You know what I mean?

top topics

join