It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you learn to lessen your empathy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Specimen
reply to post by dave_welch

Empathetic means you can understand being in one shoes. Being sympathetic makes you basically take on their emotions, or other wise to concerned.

This is not same thing; these are dictionary terms. It is far beyond being able to walk in anothers shoes, this is taking on the emotive stucture of other people and if you dont know it its is own brand of hell. Ive seen the ability make recluses of themselves because they cant block/did not know what was up are so open that they cease to feel themselves in lew of the other energies "attacking them, (as they put it)".

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch

Originally posted by AeonMoon
Have you ever considered you might be a healer as well? Do people frequently gravitate towards you and feel better around you once they do? Do you ever feel a strong desire inside you to "do something" with the pain you are feeling from those around you?

All the time. I'm constantly trying to help people. I'm usually pretty good at it. It's just that all of my friends unwittingly take advantage of it and it drains me emotionally.

Ive had it explained to me this way. They (the Empath) says I feel almost violated as if old school vampires had hold of me as ridiculous as this sounds. When I consul anyone, I put myself in the position of power, make them sit in a specific place and do not allow them to manipulate me. I tell them the truth of their problem and if they leave in tears so be it.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

this is a nice reference: www.diffen.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

this may or may not help.

people are stuck on their own conclusions of what they are feeling and what they think is the reason why.

when you have an over sensitivity for others emotions it usually is because you accept their reasons for feeling the way they do.

the root of it all is something else. usually once you make them aware of it a feeling of relief flows over.

receiving others emotions is a two way street. you too can project yours. it is best to see the root of your emotions so as to not overwhelm others with confusing thoughts.

a structured and logical mind is the product of facing ones own emotions head on. once you see the root of your own emotions you can project that sense of balance you enjoy yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join