Planning trips to several anomalous/mysterious areas of the world. why should i go there?

page: 1
1

log in

join

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
As I am lurking more than im posting, i do enjoy a little questionnaire every now and then. This time its for a more personal goal though.

I have gotten to a point in life whereas my income is steady enough so that i can safely travel to any destination to my liking every year, so i've decided to do so, but with a twist. I am, and always have been, curious about the mysterious and love specific areas with mysterious histories and anomalies which have not been explained properly. In my opinion, these areas are different to every individual and need to be experienced by said individuals to come to their own conclusion and leave it at that.

I am planning on visiting such an area every year and document it for my own personal experiences which i might share with the world when i choose to.

Now my question to you is: Which areas do i have to visit/why would i visit this area?
Google is a great thing, i know, but i would rather hear some personal stories from you guys than read a random article on it(although some of those are convincing as well).

So far i've read about Mexico's Zone of silence and the M-Triangle in Perm, Russia. Although these areas are difficult to reach, im determined to get to these areas and will probably find a way.

if you want to ask a question regarding my post, you're welcome to do so.




posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
as of this second i do not have an area to offer you as a place of travel, but I would like to ask what places other then the two you have breifly mentioned do you intend to see? What do you hope to get out of these travels? and how are you planning on taking these trips all at once, one place a year and how long do you plan on spending in each place?


thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.



posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Muatti
 



The San Luis valley of So. Colo.
I live very close to this area and have had "high strangness" events happen to me there, that changed my entire concept of reality.



books.google.com...
www.ufoinfo.com...



posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
as of this second i do not have an area to offer you as a place of travel, but I would like to ask what places other then the two you have breifly mentioned do you intend to see? What do you hope to get out of these travels? and how are you planning on taking these trips all at once, one place a year and how long do you plan on spending in each place?


thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.


The world is beautiful and i am sure i will be richer in knowledge and experience by simply visiting the countries in which these areas lay, but i am sure there are more areas similar to the ones i have mentioned before, but I do not have the knowledge of all of them, but was requesting your aid in sharing these locations.
I've also mentioned that i wanted to ''feel'' these areas and document the experience by photos and video for later exhibition to my family and interests.

Seeing as 1 holiday a year is a common thing where im from, I am planning on spending approximately 2-3 weeks in a country with aforementioned mysteries and anomalies and pay visits of a couple of days to the specific areas which could be discussed in this thread.

I.E. spend 3 weeks in mexico, spend 2-3 days visiting the silence zone for documentation. Seeing as i reside in europe, i will have to deal with the jetlag, and 2 weeks would be too short to get used to it.


Originally posted by olaru12
reply to post by Muatti
 



The San Luis valley of So. Colo.
I live very close to this area and have had "high strangness" events happen to me there, that changed my entire concept of reality.



books.google.com...
www.ufoinfo.com...


This was exactly what i was looking for. keep it coming!

PS. Seeing as San Luis Valey consists of nearly 8000 square miles, do you have any specific locations within the valley i should take notice of?
edit on 7-7-2013 by Muatti because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Mount Shasta, Ca, USA.

Paranormal hotspot, from UFO's to old legends of creatures living on the mountain.

On the plus side its relatively close to several great sights in Ca for normal recreation as well.



posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muatti



This was exactly what i was looking for. keep it coming!

PS. Seeing as San Luis Valey consists of nearly 8000 square miles, do you have any specific locations within the valley i should take notice of?
edit on 7-7-2013 by Muatti because: (no reason given)


Crestone is very odd.
www.crestonecolorado.com...

Saguache residents have UFO parties on their decks and backyards.www.saguache.org...

I personally have found the most "high strangeness" in the smaller Hispanic towns in so. Colorado and New Mexico. It's hard to pin my experiences down as to whether they are physical, metaphysical, quasi religious, mindcontrol generated or a vortex of weirdness.

Weird things happen all over The Valley; some are so subtle, it's easy to overlook or simply discount them.

I traveled thru the valley on business frequently and invariably had a WTF moment of somekind.



posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl
 


That is one of the places I would like to visit as well.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OP, consider also Trout Lake, Washington and the James Gilliland ranch if he still offers the retreat.
You can visit his website here:ECETI.org

I knew James many years ago, and had some very interesting experiences online with him.
His ranch is covered on Paranormal State, and there has been many many documented cases of strange things there, from Sasquatch,spirit, and UFO activity, which he is mostly known for.

If you follow that link it will lead you to the paranormal state episode as well.

I would love to go there myself someday to check it out


Also would not hurt to take a trip up to Southeast Alaska and go through the inside passage, as it is just an all around awesome place, and if you are one to connect with nature, it can be very fulfilling.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I know someone who has traveled all over the place to these places and has made quite a few movies about things. He is on Facebook, if you search for Lee Pennington, ask him what he recommends. He has been to a lot of places. I haven't got the experience myself to advise you, I do know people that do though. Lee's a nice guy. . Here is one of his sites www.joleproductions.com...

I'm sure some of the people at ATS have Personally visited these sites and can tell you about the local hospitality and how expensive it is to go there. Knowing where to go eat from someone who has been there and done it is always a plus.



posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think an aerial tour of the Nazca plains would by high on my list if I didn't have a budget limit.
Machu-Pichu... ancient civilization
The Mayan Pyramids...ancient civilization/ufo lore
The Atacama desert...messages to the gods
Ushuaia... scenery, southernmost city in the world.



posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Muatti
 




Planning trips to several anomalous/mysterious areas of the world. why should i go there?


I would suggest visiting places where some of our greatest historical events took place. Examine the ruins and the culture that surrounds them. Listen to stories that have been handed down for millennia. Apply the tactile contact... the human touch, to things created by man since the dawn of recorded history. Sample cuisines and faiths and cultures from all those places from which today's world sprung.

In some instances, you would risk your mortal life going there but should you dare to do so and return, you would come back a far richer individual than before you left.

The question is a matter of balance... what are you willing to to give of yourself to touch so many lives and centuries that came before you.

Best wishes and godspeed.



posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
For a different approach to the unusual and strange; might I recommend a shamanic trip to Iquitos.

dawnontheamazon.com...



posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Does anybody remember the thread that was titled "real life x-files" or something like that I cant remember exactly but it was a cool thread in was in two or three parts and had many weird places featured in it around the world. There was a place were dogs commit suicide, there were ghost towns, and I do believe the suicide forest in Japan was featured.

If I were you would head to Japan there are plenty of mystery's there, underwater pyramids, haunted forests', ect.



posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Whatever you do, I wouldn't recommend visiting anything in the vicinity of the Bermuda Triangle. Heard a lot of creepy stuff about that area. Other than that good luck with your journeys. Don't forget to post and inform us at ATS of your findings and whatnot during the course of your explorations.

edit on 7-7-2013 by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Trance parties! I dont know if you have ever heard of energy maps but they basically show where certain energies/forces come together. Stone henge is one of them and there are hundreds of these the world over. Well, there are some spiritual groups that have trance parties at these places and apparently it's a very spiritually altering experience.




 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Muatti
 


Disneyland is a great destination. The only thing mysterious about that place is how quickly money disappears from your wallet.

I’m jealous! I’d love to visit some of the many sites suggested so far, especially Machu-Pichu.

Do share your experiences and pictures. There’s nothing like a good firsthand account if you can’t be there yourself.



posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
For a different approach to the unusual and strange; might I recommend a shamanic trip to Iquitos.

dawnontheamazon.com...





im actually reading The Cosmic Serpent right now. a most compelling book


Originally posted by DocHolidaze
Does anybody remember the thread that was titled "real life x-files" or something like that I cant remember exactly but it was a cool thread in was in two or three parts and had many weird places featured in it around the world. There was a place were dogs commit suicide, there were ghost towns, and I do believe the suicide forest in Japan was featured.

If I were you would head to Japan there are plenty of mystery's there, underwater pyramids, haunted forests', ect.


is there an archived link somewhere in the nether of the ATS forums?



Originally posted by badgerprints
I think an aerial tour of the Nazca plains would by high on my list if I didn't have a budget limit.
Machu-Pichu... ancient civilization
The Mayan Pyramids...ancient civilization/ufo lore
The Atacama desert...messages to the gods
Ushuaia... scenery, southernmost city in the world.


these are amazing suggestions. they are noted down!
edit on 7-7-2013 by Muatti because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Muatti
 


i wish i could remember the thread title like i said i thought it was real life X files and it was a two or three part thread series It was a big hit on ats and im sure some one remembers, the problem with being dazed is your memory starts to slip. If someone that reads this thread can remember that would be sweet!!!



posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by Muatti
 


i wish i could remember the thread title like i said i thought it was real life X files and it was a two or three part thread series It was a big hit on ats and im sure some one remembers, the problem with being dazed is your memory starts to slip. If someone that reads this thread can remember that would be sweet!!!


Overtoun Bridge

I think that thread included this place.



posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I think Brian Foerster runs some kind of guided tour through ancient pre-Inca and Inca ruins. I believe you would get to see things like Puma Punku, Sacsayhuamán and maybe even take a look at the fabled Paracas Skulls. Perhaps also see the Nasca Lines.

That would be one of the first things I would look into.



posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
As of right now i believe i'll be set for the coming 10 years. i have every location written down and will read up on every single one of them to decide which i will visit first.

Any other locations which might peak my interest are still welcome to be suggested whilst i look upon these fresh ideas.

godspeed to every participant in this thread!





new topics
top topics
 
1

log in

join