It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Spirit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The holy spirit is a phrase. That is all it can ever be. Anything else is simply made up.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Not true? Really? Heres some logic for you... try to keep up. If what I said is untrue, then every time anyone has ever walked down to an altar to get saved, they were convicted by something other than god. Take your time responding to this. Read what you called untrue a few times if you need to.

The people walking down to the altar are being convicted by the Holy Spirit because they believe, not because they don't believe. Someone who is an unbeliever and feels justified in their unbelief (as you stated) isn't going to feel compelled to walk down to the altar.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by smithjustinb

Not true? Really? Heres some logic for you... try to keep up. If what I said is untrue, then every time anyone has ever walked down to an altar to get saved, they were convicted by something other than god. Take your time responding to this. Read what you called untrue a few times if you need to.

The people walking down to the altar are being convicted by the Holy Spirit because they believe, not because they don't believe. Someone who is an unbeliever and feels justified in their unbelief (as you stated) isn't going to feel compelled to walk down to the altar.

I agree with you there.

But I still disagree that there is only one right approach to communion. Islamists feel the same conviction about allah and experience the same feelings. The approaches differ slightly, but rhe differences are irrelevant. No one is perfect, so even if your approach is imperfect, it wont matter. Imperfection will be the end result no matter how you choose to believe, because we all see things differently anyway. Of course, I already know you willvargue with me about this until were blue in the face.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join