It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Greatest Truth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
We hear a lot about the lies around ATS... the lies in the media, lies from our Governments... from friends and strangers alike

But...

What is to be said about Truth?

Each person's experience in this life is different... Thus each persons truth is different...

It is said that a person holds to his truth... Until a greater truth is found... in which case the previous truth Gives way to the greater truth...

I wonder if we can find the greatest truth collectively?

And perhaps each of us might leave this thread with at least a greater truth then what was once held...

So this is the question I ask of you my dear friends....

What is the greatest truth?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I think Einstein was getting close
"Everything Should Be Made as Simple as Possible, But Not Simpler"

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It depends on who you ask, but for me, the greatest truth is that God has never been separate from us and is always with us.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

@What is the Greatest Truth?

To 1 that the truth is pursued and when found it has ability to strengthen or weaken its encounter... And it should have room truth to become stronger as more data on it is obtained.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
What is truth? Is there really such a thing? In my opinion the greatest truth is that humanity only limits itself and has the ability to archive greatness.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Of course there's such a thing as truth, though this world hides it.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
What is truth? Is there really such a thing? In my opinion the greatest truth is that humanity only limits itself and has the ability to archive greatness.

Truth is relative to the individual...

Yet there are some things that are true to everyone...

For example, generally speaking most people don't like pain... that is a general truth which established by consensus.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
There are many truths, Truth is infinite.

For example

planet Earth has mountains = true, therefore is the truth
I am sitting at a table = true, therefore is the truth

etc

I have experienced a lot of things in my life, some of them 'odd' or 'supernatural' or aren't easily explained, some of these experiences have been similar in their 'vibration' in that the experience was that of an energy that resonated some sort of absoluteness, something that encompasses all, an absolute truth, like the absolute essence of everything. Imagine if one were transported to the hypothetical Garden of Eden where all is beautiful and light and TRUE.

That is the best way for me to describe it, something beyond physical that is the Absolute Truth, the energy to which all belongs, some people might feel this as spiritual, as of God, the Light, an all powerful nature energy, an energy Physics is looking for that answers everything, like some sort of Absolute theory, or some all powerful Universal energy. Whichever it is, and I believe it covers all of these and more, I believe this unwaveringly and probably have in various ways since I remember, and I remember things from a very young age.

Obviously this is the inspiration for my screen name and this to me is the Absolute Truth.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Truth and lies are just the same as fact and fiction. Just a different name. If you're looking for facts, science will provide the answer. Eventually.
Religion is too divided to collectively reach the truth. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Truth holds up to all scrutiny, even the tricksters cannot suppress real truth. We are so conditioned to ignore the truth though, both by those who want to control us and by our own desire to maintain our chosen lifestyle.

There is one great truth. There is always someone or something over us. Whether it be human, mother earth, society, or god. there is always someone/something with authority over us.
edit on 6-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

Likewise every religion has its own truths...

Some parts are fact, at least according to its adherents... whilst other parts are fiction according to those who do not profess that religion...

Many religions profess love... yet the same people of that following do not show or understand the concept behind the word...

Though I would challenge anyone to prove love isn't truth...

I even have a thread on it... and there have been no challenges

My Only Challenge

edit on 6-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I think this "universal energy" is within all of us, it is consciousness, the spirit, that which gives us Light.

Science will never be able to explain it because it cannot be seen, and science can only explain the observable, not the observer.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."- 100% Truth... from my perspective.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
reply to post by Akragon

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."- 100% Truth... from my perspective.

LMAO!!

Good one.... THAT is truth...

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The greatest truth is honesty

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mekhanics
The greatest truth is honesty

One's view of Honesty can be shaded by ignorance...

Again... What if one is being honest about something but he doesn't realise he believes something that isn't truth?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The Greatest Truth is....... We long to know the truth.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think the truth evolves as we evolve. For example. . .. .

2000 years ago everyone knew that gods were real.
1000 years ago everyone knew that earth was the center of the galaxy.
600 years ago everyone knew the earth was flat.
200 years ago everyone knew that corn in a corn crib grew rats.
and 100 years ago everyone knew that snake oil was a cure all.

So as we evolve so does the truth.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by Akragon

I think the truth evolves as we evolve. For example. . .. .

2000 years ago everyone knew that gods were real.
1000 years ago everyone knew that earth was the center of the galaxy.
600 years ago everyone knew the earth was flat.
200 years ago everyone knew that corn in a corn crib grew rats.
and 100 years ago everyone knew that snake oil was a cure all.

So as we evolve so does the truth.

In this case I would say that truth tends to fall away to reveal what is new similar to how a snake sheds its skin... the old skin is the same as the old beliefs... it dies once it no longer has a use...

However there is truth that has not ever changed... the snake has various layers of skin in its being... but it also has a core being which does not change...

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

"What is the greatest truth"?

Define "great". What do you mean by "great"?

The best alignment to truth that a human can give is honesty. Honesty is telling the truth about what happened, and what you are really thinking and feeling. Honesty is following your nature rather than suppressing it and going against it. In action, it is doing what you want.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join