It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Greatest Truth?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Akragon

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Itisnowagain

how does experience... even now, exist without something to witness said experience?

Unless something existed before what is "now"?

How can the greatest truth be now, if there is something greater then "now"?

The present is witnessing itself.
It never witnesses any thing other than itself but it pretends there is other. It gets lost in other (division/separation) and then returns to all there ever was.
It is the game oneness plays. Hide and seek.

What IF your now ceases to exist, while my own persists....

Does all of existence collapse?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

There are no separate nows. Now is one.
There is no you and now - there is just now.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

There are no separate nows. Now is one.
There is no you and now - there is just now.

So all that ever existed is here and now....

I like it!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

So all that ever existed is here and now....

I like it!

The presence will always be present and it will constantly appear different.
There is no end to what this is.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Truth is a matter of perspective. For example, I can look into the nights sky and from my perspective can see the constellations and the forms they appear to create. However if I was looking at those same stars from another position in space those stars would not represent the same constellations. Those stars would still exist, but not in the form I was used to from my perspective on earth.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Truth is a matter of perspective. For example, I can look into the nights sky and from my perspective can see the constellations and the forms they appear to create. However if I was looking at those same stars from another position in space those stars would not represent the same constellations. Those stars would still exist, but not in the form I was used to from my perspective on earth.

And whist you describe your perspective I can imagine my own perception of what you type, based on what you perceive as reality...

Thus... even through words, we can "experience" each other's reality

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Thus... even through words, we can "experience" each other's reality

You will never experience any other's reality.
You will only feel what is being felt by you. You may hear a story made of words and you may feel feelings and sensations happen in the body or experience thoughts appearing but you will never feel anything outside of yourself.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

What is the greatest truth?

The claim you know the truth is a way to justify what you believe in and know is real, its a way of perception. For example the truth is that the sky is blue - we all see that - but it is not blue, its just how we percieve it.

when you where 4 years old maybe you thought that santa claus and the toothfairy was real, because you where told so. We tend to believe in what we are told from our childhood, what we learn through studies, and our experience of the world - and everything you know couldt be very far from what is truth, but its to truth to you.

You can believe earth is the center of the universe, because that whats everybody tells you, You can believe in there is a supreeme being that will give you eternal life after death if you follow some instructions written in a book because thats what you where told - and so many people cant be wrong. The number of people believing something dosnt make it more true - it just make you more likely to believe its true.

The truth is that the truth dosnt matter
All you have to do is believe in you are doin the right thing

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The truth is everything comes in waves. Quantum waves. Radio waves. Ocean waves and even land waves (yes, the hard earth is liquid). In life we experience waves of reason and waves of madness, waves of great joy and waves of deep sorrow. Waves of personal success and waves of personal failure. In mankind's history we see waves of morality and waves of decadence. Waves of freedom and waves of oppression.

I believe that right now the world is on a wave dipping into sheer and utter chaos. How long it will last is yet to be seen. It has been said that the dark ages lasted 300 years, so buckle your seatbelts and hold on, this wave is gonna get worse before it gets better.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Akragon

The truth is everything comes in waves.

The waves have to appear somewhere.
Surely the medium is the truth.

Waves arise and subside in what never arises or subsides.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
As long as we dont know the secrets of the human brain and what its capable of, we are unable to understand the greatest thruth, what ever it might be.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
As long as we dont know the secrets of the human brain and what its capable of, we are unable to understand the greatest thruth, what ever it might be.

Exactly. Until you know what you are how can any thing else be known for what it truly is.
Know what thyself is and it will all become clear.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I don't think so. The wave is the truth, and there is no medium. Be it personal, societal, or global, if we are on a wave of irrational fear, then irrational fear is the truth until that wave curves away from fear. It is useless to tell a frightened child not to fear getting a needle in the arm. The child must go through this mounting fear until the injection is done.
edit on 7/7/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I don't think so.

Can any thought appear without you seeing it?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I don't think so.

Can any thought appear without you seeing it?
The thought is a wave that arises and subsides in you.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

It is useless to tell a frightened child not to fear getting a needle in the arm. The child must go through this mounting fear until the injection is done.

The child is the medium and the fear is the wave.
The wave of fear subsides.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

It is useless to tell a frightened child not to fear getting a needle in the arm. The child must go through this mounting fear until the injection is done.

The child is the medium and the fear is the wave.
The wave of fear subsides.

The child is part of the wave of life; generations are born and die. I see the whole human race as a giant ocean wave hitting the shore. And on that shore is a six foot deep hole that the ocean dumps the people into. The wave then recedes, builds up again, and dumps the next generation into the hole.

Yes, the wave of fear subsides, but it doesn't disappear altogether. It's always there, ready to increase when a state of calm decreases.

Note: Of course, you know I'm just pulling this out of my a.., right?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Yes, the wave of fear subsides, but it doesn't disappear altogether. It's always there, ready to increase when a state of calm decreases.

When the medium is found to be never separate from the waving, the waving is then seen as simply waving.
It is the medium that is found to be calmly watching.
The feeling of fear is just an appearance appearing and subsiding in what never appears but is ever present.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

The child is part of the wave of life; generations are born and die. I see the whole human race as a giant ocean wave hitting the shore. And on that shore is a six foot deep hole that the ocean dumps the people into. The wave then recedes, builds up again, and dumps the next generation into the hole.

The appearance of a child will disappear when adulthood is reached and the appearance of the body will go too. All that appears disappears.
But what sees all that appears never actually makes an appearance.
It all appears and disappears in what you are.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

When the medium is found to be never separate from the waving, the waving is then seen as simply waving.
It is the medium that is found to be calmly watching.
The feeling of fear is just an appearance appearing and subsiding in what never appears but is ever present.

The waving is never experienced. Wherever a person, place, or thing is on that wave, that's where it is. That's what it experiences until it moves further along on that wave.

What you call a medium is not a medium. If I am watching someone on a wave of self-destruction (drugs, alcohol...) you might say that I am the medium, but I am not. I am watching only because the wave I'm on has temporarily put me in that place and state of mind. My wave will then move me away from that point, both physically and emotionally.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join