It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello all from Greece!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hi, there!

so, about me: I'm a new member, and an experienced researcher/investigator of the 'paranormal' from Greece. In the past years I have visited several sites around the world, where I had the opportunity to investigate local mysteries, legends or enigmas. I have contributed several articles to local magazines and participated in quite a few compilation books, and in discussions as a guest in local TV shows -but I'm afraid they would only look... Greek to you!
In the following months, I'm expecting to have a piece published in a foreign (English speaking) magazine though, so I'll make sure to let you know...

Anyway, just wanted to say 'hi' and I hope to exchange interesting views, ideas and perhaps little fragments of knowledge with some of you.

Cheers,

Jonathan

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hey, sounds like you will have a lot to offer! Welcome to tha' fambly. You're not wearing sneakers though, are you?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Do you know any good Greek music you can add to the following thread?

Greek Music

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JonathanBright

OPAAAAAA!!!!!

Got to go there one day with my wife, she loves all about your country.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Kalimera Jonathan mou

and there endeth my knowledge of the greek language (before you start much talketh in greek and i have to get the mrs in to translate)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Thanks, The GUT (-my sneakers? Is this forum... Paris territory?
)

Hellmutt, done! (-although I'm not so much into Greek folk music, I posted something from a talented singer from Sfakia whom I met last month in Crete
)

Thank you, Trueman (P.S: Your wife, she ain't German, is she?
) (...I mean, some German ladies seem to love my country so much, that they want to...buy it all, piece by piece, lately!
)

Kalimera, Maxatoria. (see, you're learning fast!
)

edit on 6-7-2013 by JonathanBright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

A paranormal investigator!
very cool!

Hope to see you in some threads and some threads of your own!

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Great!

It's not my thread, but I believe all kinds of Greek music goes in that thread. It's not restricted to folk music.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Hope so, too, Darkblade 71 -although this place seems kind of vast. Lots of interesting stuff, anyway...

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You will get used to it.
It only seems that big until...well...it is that big, but you get used to it!

It has an awesome paranormal section

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Ok, Hellmutt, I added another one. This one more to my style from back in the 80s, and a good friend signing,..

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Right, will see where to start... After all it's not even one million topics! (
)

Yep, paranormal section looks great!

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I'm excited to see you!

Here is an official invitation to come read the posts in my paranormal thread (link in signature); currently 158 pages, and counting. Offer feedback on any post you find fascinating, if you wish.

I look forward to seeing you in the paranormal forums. It's great to get more pros in here!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Hi Jonathan.

Welcome to ATS.

I'm Greek as well and i know your work. I heard a rumor the other day that you have about 1 million pictures with ghosts and other weird stuff....is that true?

You might also find interesting the Folk tales and urban legends forum

Members of ATS i must tell you, this guy is awesome. I follow his work for years and he knows paranormal.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
sled735, thanks for the invitation. I will check your thread as soon as I get the time (148 pages? eerrr, ok...)

Phantom Traveller, thank you for your nice words! The Folk Tales and Urban Legends forum looks very interesting, too! (-well, I guess that's no wonder, since my own facebook group is called...Jonathan Bright's Urban Tales
) One...million pictures of 'ghosts' and other weird stuff? Well, that does sound kind of exaggerated... I do understand how I may have gained such a reputation though, from people that have seen me in action during an investigation, with 3 different cameras hanging from around my neck and a mini-dv in hand (
) Only from my trip to Crete last month, I came back with something like 10 thousand pix and more than 70 gb of data, but of course not all these have captured 'paranormal' phenomena... So its just a few hundred pictures, I'm afraid, the ones showing 'anomalies' that are hard to explain. But these include some pretty interesting stuff, from full body apparitions to legendary creatures, like Nessie...
At present, I'm writing the text and sorting them out for an album that I plan to publish maybe later this year...

top topics

join