It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theories About Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Those with an interest in Philosophy and Metaphysics have likely wondered about the true nature of Life and how it functions. While I don't claim to have the answers myself, I do believe the many intelligent minds that frequent this forum have a lot of fascinating theories about Life with which they could share. I will share some general theories and hope that either members can comment on my list or add to it themselves with their own theories. Remember, any theory that addresses the nature of reality and life itself is welcome, so don't be afraid to share your ideas!

Some general theories about Life:

Theory A: We actually live in a computer-simulated dream world where physical reality is an illusion. It is likely that a deity or some higher form of intelligence has us enslaved (or quarantined) in this "make-believe" world.

Theory B: We are spiritual beings undergoing a human experience. Higher spiritual entities (or even our own "higher selves") have incarnated us into this world to undergo a physical experience for learning purposes.

Theory C: Life is one big game or movie production. We all play the role of actors to keep ourselves entertained, and force ourselves to forget who we really are once we are born to play the part we chose.

Theory D: A divine creator with dominion over the Universe or Earth breathed life into us. This divine creator has either been misrepresented by modern religions or did indeed pass down holy texts for us to learn from.

Theory E: We are products of an experiment conducted by extra-terrestrials where DNA of different animals/creatures were mixed together. These extra-terrestrials actually control us and run the world in which we live.

Theory F: Randomness is the only answer. Everything that exists is a product of the random functioning of the universe and there is no true meaning or purpose to Life.

edit on 5/7/2013 by Dark Ghost because: fixed formatting

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
my thoughts are a mixture of b and d

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I go with B. I believe we're spiritual beings having a grounded experience. The alien one is intriguing too though

I think we come into this world pure (spirit), and hopefully leave this life pure. I believe if we live right (with a clean conscious, strong integrity, etc) we are free to experience transcendence at some point before death and integrate our spirit with the ego bound self.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I believe it is a combination of B, D, and a little of F once we get here. Maybe some of E as well because once you incarnate, you are at the mercy of random chaos, and a physical reality. In this reality it could be that we have been altered genetically by something.

But that is just my own thoughts.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Theory B: We are spiritual beings undergoing a human experience. Higher spiritual entities (or even our own "higher selves") have incarnated us into this world to undergo a physical experience for learning purposes.

I'll go with Theory B. For me, this is what I feel in my gut, we are spiritual beings having a human experience, we come to this life to learn to love, and to learn from life lessons. If you don't learn crap, then you are to return to this life until the test is passed. My personal belief.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think its option F

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Theory X1: We are "plants" we are grown in a garden called earth by some unknown advanced superior being.
We are cultivated and the good planets are passed on to bring forth better plants, we are tested with weather and other elementals to break the weak ones and or make us more resistance to them, we are tested with mental and physical extremes.

The advanced being then will take the perfected human(in millions of years after evolution).. and put them on display at a science fair. or use them as soldiers in a inter-universe war.
edit on 7/5/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I think you forgot one theory, and it was my favorite school answer "All of the above" Above Top Secret that is

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Definitely theory A. There are a few assumptions which can be considered credible;

- there are billions/trillions of other civilizations in the universe
- timetravel is possible, but whoever did it first created a kind of nexus or centre or it's own enclosed loop
- every civilization which invents timetravel afterwards enters this loop, but they do not necessarily meet, so some civilizations might think they are the ones who started it and this provides decoys for the original race to live in peace as they all want this technology
- those who did it first wanted immortality, perfect bodies and everlasting security so they uploaded them selves into the computer however the process involved timetravel or a machine outside of normal reality to 'receive' their selves
- those who were the first ones who created the machine found out by doing so they caused events for life to begin
- if a timetravelling civilization finds a new civilization before it has invented the technology for themselves, they restrict the technology because of it's power, thus further limiting the possibility of ever inventing timetravel differently and meeting the original civilization, finding out they were the first and know all original timelines
edit on 6/7/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Theory D: A divine creator with dominion over the Universe or Earth breathed life into us. This divine creator has either been misrepresented by modern religions or did indeed pass down holy texts for us to learn from.

This is the only one that is impossible, seeing as there is no such state as eternal perfection. Not to mention all the flaws in religious texts.

I am not crazy about the idea of life being a movie, but only because this life keeps replaying the same scenarios over and over from one generation to the next. So, if it were a movie, the movie-goers would have walked out on this one a long time ago (and demanded their money back).

I lean very heavily on Theory F: Randomness is the only answer. Everything that exists is a product of the random functioning of the universe and there is no true meaning or purpose to Life.

edit on 7/6/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
I am not crazy about the idea of life being a movie, but only because this life keeps replaying the same scenarios over and over from one generation to the next. So, if it were a movie, the movie-goers would have walked out on this one a long time ago (and demanded their money back).

The movie seer often tries to walk out (suicide) but it does not mean the movie will ever end - that is just contained in the movie.
If one wants to walk away from the movie it is because there is a dislike for the movie - the movie is just movement and the movement will not cease to move.
The stillness that is longed for is watching the movie.
edit on 6-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I feel that because life exist in this universe and there is order it is highly suspect to claim the Universe resulted from a random event. The idea that consciousness can form indicative of an order and the result of a conscious reality.

To put it in other words given life exist,
the Universe could very well be conscious.

Logic three dimensionally is different than logic in 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or ten dimensions. The rules change in relation to what is possible and what is not. The context of life under such conditions can relate to, a fractal geometry.

Recent data from Planks satellite data indicates clearly that "Universe's" interact and as a result this one formed. In relation to multiverse theory that concept originated in relation to problems with Chemistry not Physics.

Each of us in relation to such a structure can also be defined in relation to how that structure is culminated as finite. All things created at the same moment based upon EPR paradox interact and interrelated to such a conclusion is Time.

In that regard each of us are akin to a facet in a diamond. Due to quantum entanglement this also applies to "Universe's", outside our own. This even in relation to Universe's and in relation to the separation of sets in the Electron cloud, outside that multiverse version or more appropriately "Level".That interact to create other Universe's, within the context of a superstructureof such objects and how they are interrelated, with Time as a dimension. In relation to a Sphere the constituents of the multiverse result in consciousness as a result of what altogether is related as a result of the dimension of time.

In respect to this model time is not the fourth dimension but rather a dimension that supersedes all others.

In that context the concept of what came first, the Chicken or the Egg is blurred. In relation to mankind's ability to comprehend beyond what lies beyond the facet it can observe.

Today that capacity to perceive is relatable in respect to the thought experiment offered in respect to four blind men attempting to describe an elephant, after approaching it from different angles.

Tine is a form of Communication
Consciousness transcends all states
that can be perceived as matter
Matter communicates its existence to
consciousness through time.

Any thoughts?

edit on 6-7-2013 by Kashai because: Added and modifed content

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It is mankind who has the potential to be infinite and God exist beyond the human capacity to imagine.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I will have to go with "F" if I'm going to be honest at this point. But, I am human and could change my mind.

In the past you could have ask me (and I could have been in different mind frame) I might have picked differently. Say your 10,000 ft up and you have a engine on fire (which happened ) or someone close to you is dying then, I was praying.

I like this F

here's good F example

new topics

top topics

join