It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A day after coup, Egyptians awake to uncertainty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I wondered that there is no thread about it yet (search didn´t show anything, too) so here is it.
If it´s been posted already, sure delete it.

Cairo (CNN) -- Egyptians awoke to an uncertain new political order on Thursday, a day after the military deposed and reportedly detained the country's first democratically elected president, put a top judge in his place and suspended the constitution.

The military has not so far publicly commented on Morsy's whereabouts. But Muslim Brotherhood spokesman Gehad El-Haddad told CNN the deposed president was under "house arrest" at the presidential Republican Guard headquarters in Cairo.

Source: CNN CNN

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I´ve commented on another thread minutes ago and realized no one seems to be informed about what happened lately in Egypt. I really hope this time the people go to the elections not like last time when only a split amount of the people went to vote the new government.
Also, the military of egypt once again showed that the know their role and use their powers to actually help and serve their people as friends, not as something on top of them. Let´s hope Egypt finally gets a better government and also think about the pyramids and that Dr. Zahi Hawass chokehold on pyramid information comes to an end!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
I´ve commented on another thread minutes ago and realized no one seems to be informed about what happened lately in Egypt. I really hope this time the people go to the elections not like last time when only a split amount of the people went to vote the new government.
Also, the military of egypt once again showed that the know their role and use their powers to actually help and serve their people as friends, not as something on top of them. Let´s hope Egypt finally gets a better government and also think about the pyramids and that Dr. Zahi Hawass chokehold on pyramid information comes to an end!

Fingers crossed for the people in Egypt Vers and i totally agree with you on all of your words.

Lets juggle between posts huh?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Imagine, the first time ever, an interactive 2 thread THREAD?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Haha the moment I saw you posted here I thought how to split up themes to not mix the threads issues up

Avoiding cross talk

However, I´m really happy too that it went that fast without much blood flow.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Rodinus

Haha the moment I saw you posted here I thought how to split up themes to not mix the threads issues up

Avoiding cross talk

However, I´m really happy too that it went that fast without much blood flow.

Bluuurgghhhhh....

Not easy is it mate?

Kindest respects

Rod

Ps. Mind if i add you as a friend? (Even if i think that Mister T is an Ugly mother?)
edit on 4-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added hehe

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

sure, thought about that too. I see we somehow share the same wavelength.
A question, is it my distorted view or is it real that this info went unrecognized on ATS? I mean, there was no thread about it and I read it yesterday evening in the news (its noon now) that Mursi was detained and brought to a place only know to military, yet the information slowly comes up at ATS, over 12 hours later. Am I blind or is this just happening, I mean such big news and no one knows???

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Rodinus

A question, is it my distorted view or is it real that this info went unrecognized on ATS? I mean, there was no thread about it and I read it yesterday evening in the news (its noon now) that Mursi was detained and brought to a place only know to military, yet the information slowly comes up at ATS, over 12 hours later. Am I blind or is this just happening, I mean such big news and no one knows???

It didn't go unrecognised Vers,

I started off my thread yesterday at 11:57 pm US time when everything was breaking over there in Egypt and if you look through all of the posts on that thread you will notice that people tried to contribute Real time as the situation developed.

Then again, it depends which country you are living in and what the MSM want people to hear about i guess?

You will probably hear more in the US once the 4th of July celebrations are over and one with (not forgetting the Zimmerman case too!?)

Kindest respects

rodinus

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Of course, timezones, that´s clear. Anyway, searching top topics, new topic firehose and search engine turned nothing up for me. Specially used the name of the interim minister to get topic related threads because it sure would be mentioned but nothing. I really don´t like the new search function, it´s as unusable as most search functions on website, where even words in the link menu (aka topic words) are not found by said searches.

Originally posted by Rodinus
(Even if i think that Mister T is an Ugly mother?)

My avatar displays an example how deep one can fall, instead of going in honor, play the clown for big cooperations. Once a idol for many kids now a old guy that makes advertisement the way it is displayed in said avatar. Experience the sadness in his face something is torturing his soul
edit on 4-7-2013 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Experience the sadness in his face something is torturing his soul
edit on 4-7-2013 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

Probably the arthritis in his left hand that is making him grimace like that... after all, wearing half a kilo of solid 24 carat gold (get some nuts) knuckle dusters all your life cannot be fun!

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 4-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Rodinus

It may have to do with the time difference and that it's a national holiday...at least here in the US

On other forums...there wouldn't necessarily be a follow-up thread when all the dust hasn't settled on the actual takeover by the military.

For example, it's also been reported that Coptic Christians' homes have been ransacked and they are in fear of their lives. Yet, haven't heard any follow up of the army rushing in to protect them.

Perhaps the Egyptian army and people have shown Mr. Obama his future.
edit on 7/4/2013 by DCPatriot because: (no reason given)

top topics

join