It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Coup Underway In Egypt...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Time to send in the best- The Marines.

Embassy evacuation ordered.

Peace

We don't need another Benghazi. The Brotherhood is being connected to that debacle now.

Des

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealthwatch
reply to post by bg_socalif

Why don't you guys in the usa not rather try and sort out your own # and leave the rest of the world alone. Haven't you people done enough damage all over the world. When will you lot learn.

I agree, as i said earlier i'm tired of us playing world cop and referee.

Let other countries take care of their own problems and if they kill each other off in the process, so be it.

We have enough of our own problems to deal with.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This Independence Day is for Egypt. The U.S. sure doesn't deserve it.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Just got home from my lone wolf protest in Canada Protest: Supress Oppression which is in support of Turkey Brazil all the troubles of todays world and this this is awesome for the people of the world.

WE HAVE THE POWER

not the GOVTS

S N F

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealthwatch
reply to post by bg_socalif

Why don't you guys in the usa not rather try and sort out your own # and leave the rest of the world alone. Haven't you people done enough damage all over the world. When will you lot learn.

You're talking like we as people have something to do with that. We don't.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

American Foreign Policy... Dictated by TPTB
edit on 3-7-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is actually quite disastrous for Egypt. This is Egypts first democratically elected President and to just have him ousted because the opposition doesn't like his rule does nothing to foster an aire of democracy is this country.

No matter how bad of a President he was/is makes little difference if it is a democracy that you want.
What if the next newly elected President comes along and a large portion of the populace doesn't like him and they spark the flames of indignation which spreads once again....are they just going to run that one out of office too instead of letting him serve his term?

I've heard enough about Morsi to not like him. But this isn't how you're supposed to solve your problems in a democracy. Regardless of what anyone says - he was elected by a majority and he should have been allowed to finish his term and then voted out when it was his time. If he doesn't want to leave when voted out - THEN remove him.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Obama is no leader, he's just another televised celebrity. His PR team determines what is acceptable and what is not in terms of public relations. Right now, Egypt is toxic; don't poke it with a ten-foot pole.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Stealthwatch

How can you talk like that? it's not that the people have a say in the matter, it's more that those who do, see an opportunity for themselves.
Politics is power play, not the game of the people, if there is no gain, there is no interference

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPlow

Its exactly how you solve your problems in a democratic way.

Morsi was elected and did not do a good enough job.

regardless of term length, Who ever is elected works for the people.

The people have spoken.

Its all about eliminating corruption until someone can do the job of leading their people to prosperity in the eyes of truth and righteousness.

Obama should not be able to finish his term and the American people should take note, and follow the example of other nations you rise up and take back liberty and freedom they have had slowly taken away from them

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Morsi did not rule by democracy when He won by democracy.Guy appointed whackos who called for tourism to end in Egypt.Guy is a dictator.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This reminds me very much of the scene in "The Saint" with Val Kilmer where they are in Red Square and President Karpov is in cuffs and the Fusion machine starts working and the crowd starts chanting Karpov, Karpov and they cut to the corrupt general who sees the writing on the wall and quickly switch sides.

The Egyptian military knows when to coup and when not to coup

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
A respectful and honorable person would have stood down instead of refuse. This is what power does to people and it shows that they are in it for themselves instead of putting the people first. You look out the window and see millions of screaming protestors, obviously you're disliked and not in position or power over anything. Let this be a lesson to all others and for our own US government, don't forget that the power lies in the the people. You have power because we allow it. You are a representative and servant of the people hired to do a job. It's not a power position to break laws especially the constitutional laws and ideals that our country is founded upon. A dishonest and corrupt government is good for no one or any country. So far our 2nd amendment 4th amendment and so on has been blatantly defiled repeatedly. This is inexcusable, especially from a elected official that is expected to be true to the people. It's a disgrace and dishonor, a slap to the face of all those in the past whom gave their lives and spilt their blood and guts on this land and abroad.

These pictures and video's is the future of the USA if this continues. Since when has the constitution allowed this government whom serve me can spy on me without my knowledge, read my e-mails and collect other data, knock my door down and take my guns by force, force me to pay taxes on a home and land I own, force me to pay taxes on wages and for what? To spend it in some foreign country that you are trying to get your greedy power monger hands on? You always talk about terrorist this and terrorist that, you're the real terrorists! Drones flying in the air ready to burn down everyone and anyone that opposes you. I don't care how many ways you slice it, the people in the US government today are dictators, and you all have become exactly what you despise the most! Coming this 4th I will burn a sparkler for our forefathers and for our lost soldiers, but I won't be celebrating those in the government. You know who you are. I will be flipping my flag upside down as this country is clearly in distress. I will be pondering just what exactly else are we to celebrate? Maybe the loss of our freedom of speech? The loss of our gun rights? Loss of our privacy?
edit on 3-7-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I just read:

"President Obama: U.S. "deeply concerned" by Egypt military's move to oust president, suspend constitution. "

cnn.com (breaking ticker at the top)

I really wish he wasn't the spokesperson for the U.S. He certainly doesn't speak for me concerning this matter...

edit on 3-7-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken
reply to post by MrPlow

Its exactly how you solve your problems in a democratic way.

Morsi was elected and did not do a good enough job.

regardless of term length, Who ever is elected works for the people.

The people have spoken.

Its all about eliminating corruption until someone can do the job of leading their people to prosperity in the eyes of truth and righteousness.

Obama should not be able to finish his term and the American people should take note, and follow the example of other nations you rise up and take back liberty and freedom they have had slowly taken away from them

No, it's not. This wasn't the "will of the people"
The people can't just overthrow a democratically elected leader that was brought to power BY the will of the people....and still call yourself a democracy.
Of course, the people of Egypt have every right to overthrow their leader if they choose...but they ALSO lose the right to call themselves a democracy.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Morsi did not rule by democracy when He won by democracy.Guy appointed whackos who called for tourism to end in Egypt.Guy is a dictator.

Others thought differently of him. Just because you don't like a leader because of their policies doesn't give anyone the right to just forcibly remove him/her...IN A DEMOCRACY.
Egypt was once struggling to become a democracy, and now it just took some MAJOR steps back into a full-fledged military dictatorship.
Even the Wikipedia entry for the Commander and Chief of the armed forces has him listed as the "de facto leader" of Egypt...and this was before the coup.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPlow

I seriously doubt it was an actual coup because the people were behind the military.

This was the will of the people not Islam.

Now democracy can begin.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with elections or democracy. In order for Egypt to secure the 4.8 billion dollar loan from the IMF, it has to meet it's terms and conditions. This was announced by the newly-appointed planning minister Amr Darrag last month.

Along with the IMF loan, Egypt plays a significant role in the newly formed G6 Alliance. The alliance is a figurehead in the Trans Pacific Partnership which recently expanded it's routes.

Source

The new partnership is scheduled to begin in May 2013 with six coordinated services connecting Asian and North America East Coast ports. Three of the services will transit via the Suez Canal while the remaining three via the Panama Canal.

Member carriers said the new cooperation will be characterized by competitive transit times, broad port coverage and efficient containerships. The six coordinated services will offer an increased sailing frequency than what is currently offered by both The New World Alliance and the Grand Alliance combined.

So to be brief, this has nothing to do with elections or protests, or demonstrations. The opposition that backs the entire thing appears to be in accord with the international banking conglomerates.

edit on 3-7-2013 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPlow

No they do not.

If you elect someone and they present themselves under false pretenses ie OBAMA, then the people have the right and authority to take back the power they ENTRUSTED TO THEIR PUBLIC OFFICALS.

The public is the GOVT's bosses, we pay their official paychecks and of course their kick backs make them more money which means that's the only opinion that matters to them, more money, . Money talks BS walks and according to corrupt GOVT officials, we are the BS they control.

Not anymore.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
I have been saying since the election that and the US choice to continue to fund the Egyptian military that this was going to happen if the Mosari stepped out of line. The military has always been the true source of power in Egypt and that power is supplied by US aid. The US now has its chance to get rid of the Egyptian gov and get a pro western gov in. The Egyptian militray will continue to get US aid and make sure Egypt never drifts away from the west. In this case the people just happen to be getting what they want as well.

President Obama is on the side of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Their leadership has personally visited the White House dozens of times since he's been President.

So....unless Barack Obama wakes up tomorrow doing a 180 on whose side he's on....if anything, this coup makes him very nervous.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join