It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolivian President's plane forced down in search for Snowden.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Can this be legal? What kind of immunity do heads of State have in their own aircraft?

uk.news.yahoo.com...

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Bolivia said President Evo Morales' plane was diverted on a flight from Russia and forced to land in Austria over suspicions that Edward Snowden might be on board, as several countries spurned the former U.S. spy agency contractor's asylum requests.

France and Portugal abruptly cancelled air permits for Morales' plane, forcing the unscheduled stopover in Vienna.

edit on 2-7-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

Bolivian Defence Minister Ruben Saavedra said the U.S. State Department may have been behind the decisions to not allow Morales' plane to land in Portugal or fly over French air space.

"We have the suspicion that they (the two European governments) were used by a foreign power, in this case the United States, as a way of intimidating the Bolivian state and President Evo Morales," he said.

Another Bolivian official said later that Italy had also refused permission.

edit on 2-7-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

If they didn't search the plane it was pointless. If they did I wonder why that was allowed, seems like a pretty big deal to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Seems like Obama is making a lot of friends. I mean the world loved us when Bush was president and Obama was going to change all that. Doesn't seem so now.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Seems like Obama is making a lot of friends. I mean the world loved us when Bush was president and Obama was going to change all that. Doesn't seem so now.

Obama now has more dirt on the rest of the world, than Bush could have ever dreamed of. He's pulling out all the stops in his quest to quiet Snowden. jmoho...

Des

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Officials in Russia said, however, say that an embassy car would be considered foreign territory if another country picked him up and offered him asylum.

Nice! That opens up a couple options, if another country is willing to come to him and negotiate.
edit on 2-7-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Is not Bolivia a country where it is a republic and where Mr. Edward Snowden maybe planned to go in order too keep doing his duty? If so, this could be the reason why the Mr. Morales plane was diverted from it's original flight path.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hum?

Not only is this plane a "Diplomatic plane" but it was diverted over international airspace!? (WHICH, as far as i know DOES NOT belong to the US Gvt!!!)

Something is just not right here?

Airspace is the area or portion of the atmosphere above a country’s territory that is controlled by that country. This includes the airspace above a country’s territorial waters, which is explained in following link :

www.findlaw.co.uk...

I guess that this guy needs to be kept quiet very quickly as apparently some people are clenching their bum cheeks over in Washington?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 3-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

edit on 3-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Link added

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Obama now has more dirt on the rest of the world, than Bush could have ever dreamed of. He's pulling out all the stops in his quest to quiet Snowden. jmoho...

Des

Remember how Obama said he would earn the trust of the American people and the people of the rest of the world? Guess that's out the window now.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Des
Remember how Obama said he would earn the trust of the American people and the people of the rest of the world? Guess that's out the window now.

I don't think he cares any longer how we feel about things, maybe that is because it is his last term, none of them have ever kept their word about anything anyway, people get all excited as each new runner says the same old words, I don't even listen anymore.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
What an embarrassing paranoid action. Talk about being a bully. This violates all kinds of diplomatic rules, it is just wrong! How can we possibly justify interfering in the sovereign rights of another nation? We have opened a door we are going to wish we hadn't.

top topics

join