It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings Car Crash Facts And Why I Don't Think He Was Murdered

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by introV

Universities possess some of the smartest people on the planet. The Alphabet Agencies Also have some pretty smart people though I have Never heard of an alphabet agency making a technological breakthrough. Although I am smart enough to know that they certainly keep that kind of information Super Secret. The point is that the agencies more than likely don’t have much better technology than the universities.

NASA

They can control a remote control car on Mars, controlling a car would be piece of cake if the Gov wanted to do so.

Not making any speculations about the topic at hand, just sayin'
edit on 30-6-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

I suppose nasa can also remote control my chesspieces? How about....my stove? My toaster? How about my microwave?

Items that are not equipped and designed to accept and process radio or infrared transmissions will not be capable of being remote controlled.

The mars rover is most assuredly designed for remote control...it is designed to receive the specific radio signals that Nasa sends in order to control it. It is designed not to just receive those signals but to process them and convert the commands into actions.....

If your pc is not equipped for wireless connection and it is not connected to telephone or cable lines, is it safe from hacking? No...because someone can sit at the keyboard and hack it. However, it IS safe from hacking via the internet or via wireless networks.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

Cars are programmed to receive signals from satellites already. Who is to say they don't have more capability than the public is told?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

If your pc is not equipped for wireless connection and it is not connected to telephone or cable lines, is it safe from hacking? No...because someone can sit at the keyboard and hack it. However, it IS safe from hacking via the internet or via wireless networks.

That's kind of besides the point.

You are spot on with your rover analogy to a point, you lose it with your computer analogy. If I left my computer unattended 12 hours a day in my parking space, it's quite possible someone might attach a physical keylogger to it, or simply turn it on and load software into it.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

5:00

It's well known in LEO circles that cars are hijacked under the guise of illegal parking and tow. The mark picks up their vehicle at the impound, pays their parking fines and gets back their compromised vehicle. In some cases, this ruse is not even needed, as they will take the car, replace it with another one and switch back again before the target uses it again. Also, modifications could be made in place.

This is done for implanting listening devices, GPS trackers, etc.

At 17 minutes of the video, they show how this has been updated with new technology and techniques. They can use onboard mics and gps now, which they used to have to install.

Basically the only thing that can't be affected is something that is not software controlled. Which is steering. Although, new parking assist would change that. As people have said, the mars rover is meant to be controlled. So there are control systems to change steering. But, steering assist cars will have that option.

ABS and Crusie Control systems allow software control of brakes and acceleration. Door locks are automated. Those three I surmise are enough. Lock out brakes, crank acceleration, and keep the doors from being unlocked. Also, one of the videos showed how they can lock out shift control.

There are videos showing start up/ignition without keys.

This suggests a very astute person could:

Lock out door locks. Locking someone inside the car.
Cut out brakes, no brakes.
Lock out pedal control, indefinite acceleration.
Lock out shift control, putting into park or neutral would do nothing, or lock it so it can't be put into another gear.
Lock out key access on ignition, can't turn off car.

Under those circumstances, seems like an accident is inevitable for 99% of people in that scenario.

Also, airbags turned off would increase the likelihood of fatality.

I'm not sure if you could shut off the seat belt locks, as most are mechanical, but I know some are reset with electronic codes, so that might be possible too.
edit on 12-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
FloChat - Introducing Progressive Snapshot!

Flo, Flo, Flo.....I'm heart broken!!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

This one is interesting.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Thanks for posting that video.

I did watch it through. But, they were inside the car with him. Had they been stading outside the car, say, 200 yards or so away and was able to do the same thing it would hold more water.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Yeah, I believe they had the laptop physically connected by hardwire. Wouldn't be too hard to rig something that could do the same thing wirelessly though, once they figured out all the inner workings. Now that they know where the computer interfaces are located, and know they are all about behind the glove compartment, they don't have to rip out all the panels again, just cut the back of the glove compartment out. A small transmitter could easily be hidden in the glove compartment. Most people I know only go in there when they need to fish the registration out.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Though I do agree the idea has some potential, I would actually have to see a demonstration where it is being controlled wirelessly.

It might be easy to devise such a thing, but then it could take years to come up with an interface that would do it.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Could be as simple as building a tiny computer than can run linux with a strong wireless dongle, then again it could not be anywhere near that simple. Beyond the scope of my knowledge I'm afraid.

People that can come up with stuff like this though, I could see them being able to pull it off lol.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Please add any further comments to this thread HERE
edit on 11-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by TKDRL

Thanks for posting that video.

I did watch it through. But, they were inside the car with him. Had they been stading outside the car, say, 200 yards or so away and was able to do the same thing it would hold more water.

www.autosec.org...

Not like it's hard to access someone's car without their knowledge but anyways clearly there are already ways to do these things without ever accessing the car.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chann

Do you care to post your proof of that concept?

I am looking for actual proof and Not article that just says they can do it.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Dear God. . . .. I May Have Been Completely WRONG about the Death of Michael Hasting. After reading through some documents posted by WIKILEAKS Today I found some information that may prove Michael Hastings was MURDERED.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadellacZumbrum
Dear God. . . .. I May Have Been Completely WRONG about the Death of Michael Hasting. After reading through some documents posted by WIKILEAKS Today I found some information that may prove Michael Hastings was MURDERED.

And now?

CIA has tools to remote control chips in cars, trucks, planes, medical devices and hospital tech with assassination potential.

twitter.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join