It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police confiscate guns from flooded town....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The town flooded, and the police came in, evacuated the population … and then confiscated the residents’ guns out of their empty houses.

The residents of High River, Alberta, population nearly 13,000, are still awaiting authorities’ permission to return to their homes. Dozens have been engaged in a standoff with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police at a checkpoint at the edge of town since floodwaters prompted a forced evacuation last week.

“We just want to make sure that all of those things are in a spot that we control, simply because of what they are,” said Sgt. Brian Topham. “People have a significant amount of money invested in firearms … so we put them in a place that we control and that they’re safe.”

High River residents furious after RCMP seize ‘substantial’ number of firearms from evacuated homes

“I find that absolutely incredible that they have the right to go into a person’s belongings out of their home,” resident Brenda Lackey told the Calgary Herald. “When people find out about this, there’s going to be untold hell to pay.”

The police, thus far, insist the gun confiscation is only for the citizens’ safety and that the firearms will be returned.

“We just want to make sure that all of those things are in a spot that we control, simply because of what they are,” Sgt. Brian Topham told the Herald. “People have a significant amount of money invested in firearms … so we put them in a place that we control and that they’re safe.”

Yeah, right.....ooookay.

So, any one from around that area that can add to this story???
--Confirm or Deny--

This is unbelievable!!!!!

I had flashbacks of Katrina..... the good folks there after having their guns taken away were left defenseless against the thugs.

---------------------

ETA: **MODS PLEASE REMOVE......DUPLICATE THREAD**

My Apologies~
snarky
edit on 29-6-2013 by snarky412 because: please remove thread

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Looks to be confirmed media wise:Calgary herald

‘Hell to pay:’ Residents angry as RCMP seize guns from High River homes (with video)

‘It’s just like Nazi Germany,’ says resident

Canada, now... As to why they would do that, don't they pride themselves on less gun crimes? Then why would the guns of citizens be an issue if there is less crime, even if taken from empty home-considering doors were locked? Did they want the people to walk around with their firearms, or go and try to find a place to store them if in shelters? No place is becoming immune to that action!
edit on 28-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: added more

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Give back flood victims' guns, Harper's office tells RCMP

Prime Minister Stephen Harper's office is urging the RCMP in High River, Alta., to focus on "more important" tasks and to return the guns officers took from homes while searching for victims in the evacuated flood zone.

edit on 29-6-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
2 threads on this already

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonclod
2 threads on this already

Okay....this is all that came up when I searched [of course, different title name]

Video: Biggest Police State Scam Ever: "Civil Asset Forfeiture ... www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread649124/pg3 The laws simply arent the same. Many of our laws were still french laws. I told the Chief he was making a HUGE mistake. I dont recall what the loop or law was. We have NO ONE higher than our police chief. Ive lived all over the US and lived in. Holly N.R.A. .I do tend to have personal views on many things...

Mandatory Retina scans and ID cards for Fallujah refugees., page 1 www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread101984/pg1 Well, it's good to see some of them being able to return to Fallujah. Naturally, any sane person would want to make sure that the city doesn't revert to being a haven for terrorists with their attendant murder/torture rooms, and caches of weapons in mosques, schools, and hospitals. So the need for control is obvious. If there are those who object ...

The Truth About The Columbine Massacre: A Black Op., page 4 www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread294508/pg4 Three were students at another high school and one was a dropout. Bellaire, Michigan police are investigating threats against students at Bellaire High School by students referred to as the Trench Coat Mafia. The 5 14-year-old boys had planned the assault well before Tuesday's massacre that left 15 dead at Columbine High School in Littleton, ...

moma2s NewAge Hockey System, page 4 - AboveTopSecret.com ... www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread839767/pglastpost Integrity is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes. In ethics, integrity is regarded as the honesty and truthfulness or accuracy of one's actions. Integrity can be regarded as the opposite of hypocrisy, in that it regards internal consistency as a virtue, and suggests that parties ...

If the title isn't worded the same, the results aren't always reliable.

Thanks just the same.

----------

MODS:
***Please Remove Thread***

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
its a story worth reading about..i usually just search recent posts and usualy anything current will show up
cheers

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So In Canada, ( I love Canada) the police are taking peoples guns to ensure safety for all.

Now I would say, " All you Canadians need to move down south for a while to see what freedom is. "

But I can not do that.

Here in the USA the paid off enforcers of the law would do exactly the same !

What we can do , is make a post just like this on ATS. We need to bring the discussion out in the open, we need to spread facts.

Thanks OP for bringing this to everyoneys attention. ATS traffic will bring in millions of minds. (remember that)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Main thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Oh, I'm sure that they plan on returning them. They didn't say anything about the condition they would be in when returned, though. I'm sure they'll take extra special care of them.

Here, we brought you back a...lump of rust vaguely shaped like a gun.

new topics

top topics

join