It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MOD File Releases, A Few Points Made.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Now I've skimmed and flicked through quite a number of these MOD reports and if anything they just intensify the speculation about what's really going on. For example, this report from Barking in the U.K. during World War 2:

in the sky a large saucer shaped object (with coloured lights all round its side) spinning around and hovering above Barking Station before speedily floating and spinning away in the direction of Barking Park and then Dagenham.

I would assume it to be around 300/400 ft above ground level and there was absolute silence from it. From where I was standing, the size was around 7ft wide 2ft deep.

Another case from 2008, from a police officer:

I hazard a guess about 1500 to 2000 feet up. It stayed perfectly still for about 3-4 minutes then appeared to shoot straight up in the air very fast, going completely out of view in less than 30 seconds.

Additionally, it's interesting to try and gauge the MODs mentality in doing so, why release this information? All theories welcome but I think it has something to do with the fact that other countries are divulging more and more about their UFO experiences.

Of course not all countries are doing this, and the U.S. still seem to be completely oblivious to what's going on around them. A cover up can manifest in different forms and surely repeatedly trying to explain things (eg. The Roswell Incident) makes them look covered in guilt even more.

Pure speculation on my part but I would suggest that the MOD will not release all their UFO files because judging on what is already out, there are probably people out there who may have had even more close and personal encounters.

These files strike me as all having a line drawn, the line being strange objects and lights in the sky, nothing beyond that. Skeptics may disagree but I find it hard to believe that no-one had, for want of better words, more extreme experiences.

And the link for the above quotes:

theufobureau.com...[ed itby]edit on 28-6-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 29/6/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The problem with all this Release of information is....THEY control whats released!

Would they release the info if it was a confirmed landing and meet with the Pres/Minister? I don't think so

Nice find though, I hadn't heard about the first one, will have to look into it.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Something else that ties in with this thread. I appreciate it's a giant leap in believing that meetings with extra-terrestrials have taken place but it's a possibility worth considering:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

The problem with all this Release of information is....THEY control whats released!

True , add that to the fact that until 1967 the MoD routinely destroyed UFO files as "explanations for sightings were usually mundane" and we have an incomplete and potentially misleading body of evidence .
We have lost our UFO reports from the time of high strangeness when it was possible that exotic craft were in our airspace given the reports that remain from our cousins across the pond .
books.google.co.uk... -8ZrE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=qxjPUc6yKIbwPMPhgZAD&ved=0CHMQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=MOD%20destroyed%20UFO%20files&f=false

new topics

top topics

join