It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran, Russia and China prop up Assad economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
And in this corner:

Iran,Russia, and China prop up Assad economy

( Source doesn't like cut and paste sorry)

www.ft.com...

And in this corner:

Egypt,France,Germany,Qarar,Saudia Arabia,Turkey,UAE,UK,US

en.wikipedia.org...

On to.

I feel sorry for the Syrian civilians caught in the middle of an international game of chess and anyone thinks either side give one damn about them?

Well this isn't going to end well for them, and pretty much reads like a G' damn greek tragedy, and it isn't going to get any better anytime soon.

What say you?

Alternate link:

www.reuters.com...

Issues with the link type :Iran, Russia and China prop up Assad economy into google's search box.
edit on 27-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I would like that someone did a piece about the geopolitical implications regarding the Israeli and the Anglo-Americans (and serfs) getting their way and the chances that Russia,Iran (not as much China) in preserving Assad's power (I dodn't see much chance in that) so Russia is simply doing what it always does (profiting and getting concessions from the mess), Iran is delaying the inevitable (it will be next).

You did add China to the mix why do you think that China as any interest in Syria beyond keeping the US entertained (and if possible escalating things against US interests) ?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

You did add China to the mix why do you think that China as any interest in Syria beyond keeping the US entertained (and if possible escalating things against US interests) ?

Same reason they are in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Africa

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and their resources.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I say that we have already seen this conflict spill over into other countries and it will only get bigger.
The middle east will look even #ier than it does now.
I also agree that it is very sad for the normal people in Syria.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You did add China to the mix why do you think that China as any interest in Syria

Why does the US?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
well said all this is about money /weapons sales and the power # that israhell .

iran knows its days are numbered but the russians are getting new ships from the french .

things are going to heat up between the sunni and shia world
s& f op

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well then all other nations are in the same game. But if you highlight the Anglo-American interests and Iran (you could also do the same to Israel) I still do not get highlighting China even France has more interests in the region than China (Syria, Iran is distinct).

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Not the same at all the US sees it as a sequence of dominoes and has a larger geopolitical view and goal. I still do not see what interests beyond undermining the US plans (not real contrary to them since it profits from a stabler outcome, like in Iraq 80% oil goes to China today), but it should be a goal to keep the US busy there than have it turn into the Pacific arena or undermine China's expansion into Africa...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Great post Neo, S&F.

I hope everyone will pay close attention to this post because WHEN we go into Syria these are the 3 countries we will eventually be fighting against, the Syrian government and people will just be innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire.

The lunatics in DC are becoming much bolder and psychotic in their game of Russian roulette with our lives and future and their lust for power and blood could very well costing us all dearly. I can honestly say that in the last 6 years this is the most on edge I have been about an impending foreign policy disaster (war). If we don't find a way to stop those in DC from executing their plans we could very well see a major conflict between the US-NATO and Russia-China-Iran. I can assure you that if that happens it will make Iraq and Afghanistan seem like a game of paintball.

Not fear mongering, just putting the possibilities out there.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by neo96

Well then all other nations are in the same game. But if you highlight the Anglo-American interests and Iran (you could also do the same to Israel) I still do not get highlighting China even France has more interests in the region than China (Syria, Iran is distinct).

What?

Why not hell not mention China?

They are the ones who have beneffited the most out of the last decade more so than anyone else.

The only thing we get is debt and all the blame even though we are NOT the only ones there.

But hell Blame America .
edit on 28-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

or undermine China's expansion into Africa...

China is investing in Africa, not attacking it. On the other hand, France, the UK, and the US are all heavily "expanding" into Africa (by force).

You think the rest of the world doesn't care that the western nations of the world are busy dominating regions militarily that are thousands of miles from their borders?

By the way China also vetoed the No Fly Zone measure before the UN (over Syria)... Twice, I think. Or is it three times now? They were misled by the US in Libya, won't get fooled again.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Been saying this for years, Pakistanis worship their nuclear weapons power like a god. The scene from the original Planet of the Apes where the post apocalyptic survivors bowing down to their nuclear missile comes to mind. It's going to be quite a show once the multi-wars around the globe come in to full swing. Peace and Godspeed, Xenongod

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
Great post Neo, S&F.

I hope everyone will pay close attention to this post because WHEN we go into Syria these are the 3 countries we will eventually be fighting against, the Syrian government and people will just be innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire.

The lunatics in DC are becoming much bolder and psychotic in their game of Russian roulette with our lives and future and their lust for power and blood could very well costing us all dearly. I can honestly say that in the last 6 years this is the most on edge I have been about an impending foreign policy disaster (war). If we don't find a way to stop those in DC from executing their plans we could very well see a major conflict between the US-NATO and Russia-China-Iran. I can assure you that if that happens it will make Iraq and Afghanistan seem like a game of paintball.

Not fear mongering, just putting the possibilities out there.
does look like that is the end game then add india v pakistan it would be a good way to get rid off all us useless eaters and thin down the heard .

i do not think their was a seat for me in the d.u.m.b.s i have worked in in the uk born to be cannon fodder us jocks ?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The situation has some potential for self cancelling just before world wide doom.....
As far as Shia v Sunni goes theres a fair population difference..in some countries....
Say, iraq may have another civil war on its hands if that gets going......but the Shia do outnumber the Sunnis there....
the sunnis on the other hand are better educated soldiers , and have had lots of practice.
Ignite sectarian coflict and the whole country may go down in flames yet.....
Iran can only support so many allies under attack.....the sides may just bleed each other dry.....
balance it all out and it may work out to a self inflicted wound on all Islam.....

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

fate of syrian people should be changed by themselves and other governments should stop colonialism.

join