It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts On 'Radicals'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
IMO They are nessecary. Without the action of the radicals of either side, the moderates would never sway. The other side becomes seldom heard. You'll find that historically, when a facist regime or dictatorship arises, the radicals are either at the forefront of the movement, or at the head of the resistance. Like them or not, the radicals as we call them, are the harbringers of any real geopolitical change. Embrace diversity folks, radicals are often a indicator for needed change.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So Twitchy, are you saying that the conservative radicals indicated that we needed a major change to the right?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Maybe I'm saying the right wing radicals have pushed it too far this time and have given good cause to the left. Fred what would you do if you found out that indeed Diebold and ESS had been involved in mass voter fraud this election? If it weren't for these so labeled 'radicals', we wouldn't know that indeed they may have. I don't know about anybody else, but watching the sweat drip off Rush Limbaugh's jowls makes me get leftish.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I agree, but based on your premise, the Radical right ie. the ultra conservative, John Birch society types fit the definition of "radicals" so if the vote indeed went thier way, was it our time for a needed change tot he right?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
If there was indeed an election, can you pull the votes out of a drawer, and count them fred? Can you at least examine the software that did the counting to see if might have been rigged? Can you proove beyond any shadow of a doubt that Bush won this election? No. Would you have known about diebold and ESS's political affiliations without the leftish radicals? No. If the election did indeed turn out to be fraudulent, you will have radicals to thank for bringing it to our attention.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Radicals...

The roots are radical...
that's how it all starts..

Look at the American Revolution, then the start of equality in Black's, the ending of slavery, the women's rights movement, the gay/lesbian and transgendered movement...

It's gotta start somewhere, republican's and democrats have been able to change their platforms over the years because of these so called radicals..

Back then It seemed so crazy and out of this world to fathom black's not being slaves, to women being able to vote, to have been able to move away from the English monarchy and fight for true freedom instead of living in subordinance.

And history will repeat itself if we don't learn from past people's mistakes..
And this I don't know if people can pay close attention to when you live in a time where everybody is right. Hence the need for "radicals"

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
But, if there was no fraud, then the conservative radicals would be correct no? In as far as the leftist radicals bringing this to light, remember that they are motivated like the conservative rebels so as you are quick to point out that the conservative rebels may have wngaged in voter fraus, are you as quick to point out that the leftist rebels may have planted evidence? Im not saying they di, but you claims can go both ways depending on your point of view.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Radicals are a challenge to the status quo fred, your missing the point. There is no doubt, NO DOUBT that Bush and his administration has lied to us, the ones calling attention to these lies are quickly labeled radicals. But their voice is heard none the less, and raises questions in the minds of the moderates. Questions that need answered. If it weren't for the voice of radicalism, would these questions even get asked? Fred there are people running around in this country right now that think Sadaam blew up the WTC.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
And moderates are the ones that plant the seeds of partisan thoughts....
Control the masses and start that thing called social warfare...

I'm right, no i'm right... blah blah blah.. Hate hate hate..

keep us divided while the big two parties come together behind the scenes and get to work on the real agenda's while diverting our attention away from the real matters, such as corruption that floods the oval office and government agencies...

But so as long as we are divided in society, this monopolous government can get away with murder... which they have, numerous of times...

Radicals are the only ones who will be able to change this, and it's the big two who will spend the most money trying to keep the mainstream partisan people from switches and learning the truths... And EVOLVING....

It's a power struggle, and they will fight to keep it their power and control.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
A friend of mine once said, society is like a basic law in physics, those in power tend to stay in power unless acted on by an outside force, in this case that outside force tends to be radicalism. If it weren't for radicalism, we'd still be living on a flat planet burning witches.

top topics

join