It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurds Say, Iran Gives Boost To Uprising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Ok, I have been saying this for a year now.
Iran and Syria are the source of the problems in Iraq!

I really believe that with President Bush in the White House untill early 2009 that Iran or Syria will be the next on the hit list.

November 7, 2004
Boston Globe

TUWELLA, Iraq -- A dirt track winds from this Kurdish border outpost to the top of a jagged mountain ridge separating Iran from Iraq's northern Kurdish enclave.

For years, and with the blessing of Iranian officials, Islamist terrorist groups have smuggled weapons and money into Iraq on this road, many Kurdish intelligence and security officials said. When US special forces and Kurdish peshmerga fighters attacked Ansar al-Islam, an Al Qaeda affiliate, in March 2003, hundreds of its members fled to Iran, the officials said, and have regrouped in several towns just over this border.

There, they continue to train, raise funds, and plan terrorist operations in Iraq, infiltrating operatives across a porous, rocky, high-altitude border that has long been a haven for smugglers and that, in practical terms, is impossible to police, the Kurdish officials say.

www.boston.com:80...

Iran Supporting al-Qaida Terror

U.S. military, intelligence services now certain Tehran backing Iraq Islamists tied to bin Laden

Nov. 8, 2004
� 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Iran is covertly supporting al-Qaida-aligned terrorists in Iraq, not just anti-American Shiite insurgents, U.S. defense and intelligence sources say with certainty.

The acknowledgment of the long-held suspicion as certainty raises the stakes in Iraq and the Persian Gulf as President Bush begins his second term and Iran, with its nuclear aspirations, moves to the front burner as an international crisis in the making.
According to Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin, al-Qaida-linked terrorists have been observed moving supplies and new recruits from Iran to Iraq, say the sources. While it has long been known Iran was backing the uprising led by Moqtada al-Sadr in the southern Shiite region of Iraq, the Iranian ties to Sunni Islamist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a terrorist leader who has pledged his allegiance to Osama bin Laden, has not been certain.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

[edit on 8-11-2004 by SIRR1]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
And people always say I'm wrong about militant and terrorist strength and intrests in the Iran area.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yeah yeah yeah. 'The Kurds' say......like they're a credible source.

I suggest that 'Kurds' are about as reliable and accurate as all that intel they provided pre-Iraqi war turned out to be.

The Kurd have some serious agendas (strictly their own) at work and will use anyone they think they can.

I'd take what they have to say with several sacks full of salt and look for actual verifiable confirmation many times over!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
some links to sites with some credible informations would be good

also this is kind of true
Iran has alot to gain from insurgents in IRAQ as they are mostily their ethnic minority and would be a valid asset if Iran was to be attacked

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hmmmm, no one finds this slightly predictable, that after we've taken out Iraq, serious 'questions' from 'reliable intel sources' will say Iran is now our big pain?

top topics

join