It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pirate Party Norway are reporting Snowden is in Iceland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I'm not sure how ridgy didge this is but it certainly sounds plausible, in which case, yay!

Pirate Party Norway: - Snowden Passed Through Norway to Iceland.

Organization Pirate Party Norway claims that spy accused Edward Snowden landed at Oslo Gardermon airport last night.

According to Oslo Gardermoen Airport websites, a flight from Moscow arrived in Oslo at 19.25 on Sunday evening. Bu the press officer of the airport did not give any information about the details.

Also, police at the airport told TV 2 that they do not have any information about the case.

Pirate Party Norway - Snowden Passed Through Norway to Iceland

There appears to be no other info regarding this around, as yet. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
edit on 25-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Shell game.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
It could be quite plausible for a number of reasons. It was either Iceland or Ecuador at the end of the day and Iceland has stronger laws re freedom of the press and freedom of information laws that have protected whistleblowers.in the past (Wikileaks). Iceland is like the ancestral home of the internet freedom movement so it would make a lot of sense. He would be embraced with open arms.

Also there was an article I posted the other day where a pilot from Iceland said he had been hired by Wikileaks to go fetch Snowden from Hong Kong.

The issue was Snowden had to request and be granted citizenship in advance if he was to be protected from extradition by US and an Icelandic Pirate Party politician who previously works closely with Wikileaks has said Iceland is not the safest option for someone seeking political asylum without becoming an Icelandic citizen.

Snowden should not come to Iceland unless he will request and be granted citizenship by the Icelandic Parliament. Citizenship is the only legal protection that will shelter him from any demands of extradition to the USA. The ideal situation would be for Snowden to be granted a Icelandic passport as was the case with Bobby Fischer.

Seeking political asylum is a process that can take long time, and there are no guarantees granted against extradition while the process is ongoing. However since Snowden faces possible death sentence his case is stronger, for it is illegal to extradite a person who faces death sentence from Iceland. It is important to note that Iceland has a terrible track record when it comes to granting political asylum to people seeking shelter, as it is hardly never granted and thus a too dangerous path to be recommended for Snowden.

The war on whistleblowers needs to stop. I see Manning, Brown, Hammond and so many others as political prisoners of the information revolution. If extradited to the USA, on the charges of espionage, Snowden’s fate might be death sentence. By not sheltering him those who reject to help him might have blood on their hands.

With Rebellious Joy

Birgitta Jonsdottir
Poetician & a member of the Icelandic Parliament for the Pirate Party,
Chairperson of the International Modern Media Institution (IMMI)

www.twitlonger.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Julian Assange has had quite a lot of time to sit around thinking about how to travel around the world without TPTB getting to know where he is. I'm sure he's dreamt of a day when he escapes out of that one room he's in, and goes into hiding, and then has to get to Ecuador untouched.

Now, all the tricks that he and his friends have learned, are being used.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Archie

I have fingers, arms, legs and eyes crossed in the hope this is true!!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bowaconstricta

Me, too, but don't hold your breath.

Somebody has debunked this in a comment now appearing under the article, saying it was a case of crossed wires. I don't know if the commenter is affiliated with the Pirate Party Norway but having a look at their website and running their latest posts through an online translator (whee!) they haven't put up a post debunking anything. Pirate Party Norway (in Norwegian)

The mystery continues...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Archie

If Obama's press conference ( a short while ago) is to be believed it seems they are still convinced E.S is in Russia...
Wouldn't hurt to keep them guessing in order to buy E.S time to get asylum sorted .

*cough* .... what Phage said. You can teel I'm a newbie, I thought he made a spelling mistake before I looked at the pic Live and learn,

edit on 25-6-2013 by bowaconstricta because: a bit thick

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Well, the Russian FM has just confirmed he never entered Russia.

Take that + report of Wikileaks hiring piilot to take him from HK to Iceland + Pirate Party Norway expecting him for quick stopover on Sunday night (but he wasn't on that plane either)... and you get 729.2 precisely...

Interesting what the Russian FM said, though.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I really hope this is true.

I did wonder whether the confusion was part of a bigger stage show, a slight of hand trick, of sorts. We know that Assange and others are pretty clever, and Snowden is obviously a very intelligent guy too. I would have thought they would have had a long-term plan to distract the US and others while taking a different path.

It would make for a great story if WikiLeaks paid several people to fly from HK to Russia, and have them all coming off the plane saying he was on it, then have someone taking photos of the Russian and Ecuadorian vehicles waiting for him, just to further convince the US - and all while he's on another plane heading to Iceland!

This is all making me a little nervous though. I want to see that hot geek appear somewhere safe and well soon!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archie

The Russian Foreign Minister is probably meaning that Snowden is still in transit at the Moscow Airport. Russian news sources are reporting that he is likely still to be air side in the hotel.

MOSCOW, June 24 (Itar-Tass) - Former CIA officer Edward Snowden remains in the transit zone at Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport, an airport security source told Itar-Tass.

www.itar-tass.com...

A source at Aeroflot Russian Airlines told the agency that the whistleblower, who is accompanied by WikiLeaks representative, Sarah Harrison, has rented a suit at the airport’s «V-Express» Capsule Hotel.“He arrived. But he can’t leave the terminal because he doesn’t have a Russian visa,” the source said.

rt.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Iceland is like the ancestral home of the internet freedom movement so it would make a lot of sense. He would be embraced with open arms.

Iceland is a NATO member. It is not going to throw away its defence agreement with the US and defence alliance with NATO over Snowden.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It didn't seem to mind too much re Wikileaks.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo

The Russian Foreign Minister is probably meaning that Snowden is still in transit at the Moscow Airport. Russian news sources are reporting that he is likely still to be air side in the hotel.

You might be exactly right there although a Russian journalist did tweet earlier today to say she had contacted the hotel and was told that Snowden never checked in or checked out of that hotel (wrong hotel?).

Phagus still rules this thread, I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
According to Putin who is visiting Finland and arrived today, Snowden is still in Russia and is free man and just passing through. Putin gave an interview just a couple hours ago. He was asked if Russia will give Snowden to USA if they asks, Putin said they dont have an transfer agreement with USA and they only transfer with those countries they do have agreement with. He also mentioned whenever Snowden decides which will be his final destination its better to Russia and himself.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Putin has now confirmed that Snowden is still in the transit area of the airport.

rt.com...
edit on 25/6/2013 by tommyjo because: additional info added

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Shell game.

The trick is that there is no ball under any of the shells.
Lose no matter which you pick.

Sleight of hand is how to pull it off.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Has anyone else made note of the fact that the NSA's vast intelligence network has so far failed to find one man whose face is known world-wide and is at the center of probably one of the most epic manhunts in history? So much for the worth of the system they deem necessary to 'protect us' all from the terrorists the US itself is so expeditiously creating.

Gives new meaning to GWB's bland admission that he 'didn't know where Bin Ladin was and frankly I don't spend much time on it...'

Oh, and I'm in love with Birgitta Jonsdottir. This level of clear thinking makes me want to move to Iceland immediately.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You might be exactly right there although a Russian journalist did tweet earlier today to say she had contacted the hotel and was told that Snowden never checked in or checked out of that hotel (wrong hotel?).

"Is he in Russia? No he never "Entered" Russia ... etc" It diplomatic "legal-speak". Any airport with the title "International" and this holds also for ship ports have a "transit area" and this amount of sq-ft "Transit" is legally NOT the territory of the country it is located in. The same holds true for embassy and consulate grounds. To underline it. In the 1950 on a state visit to Canada the Queen of the Netherlands went into early labor and so Canada declared the actual delivery room in the Ottawa hospital "Dutch territory" so that the child born would be a legal dutch citizen. I have a friend who is Bulgarian, however on her B-cert is listed CUBAN! Fact was that her mother was on a flight to South America when she had an inflight delivery, IN Cuban airspace.
Same holds true of a captain either ship or plane beaching or crashing on a deserted island. What law is to be followed? Many airlines for example as Emirates use foreign mostly western trained crews. Yet it is not the nationality of the captain that counts but the aircraft/ship registration nation.
For people not familiar with international law the "he is not in Russia" comments make it a bit confusing.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

Thanks for the explanation. The original reports of him having been in the airport hotel were obviously nothing more than a presupposition.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Take that + report of Wikileaks hiring piilot to take him from HK to Iceland + Pirate Party Norway expecting him for quick stopover on Sunday night (but he wasn't on that plane either)... and you get 729.2 precisely...

Interesting what the Russian FM said, though.

That is because he technically never did , even if he is still there because he never left the transition area after his arrival.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join