It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By whose power did Jesus heal the sick?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Was it by the glory and power of God the Father?
Was it Jesus himself?

"And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way." Mark 10:52 KJV

Many Christians would argue that God/Jesus would only heal those who believed in Jesus.

But then there's this.

When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" "Yes, Lord," they replied. Then he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith let it be done to you";Matthew 9:28-29 NIV

This passage seems to indicate that it is by our own power that Jesus healed us. It seems that he didn't have to do anything but make the suggestions. On more than one occasion, Jesus claimed we could perform miracles in His name, but when did He claim that the miracles were His doing and not the works of our own faith?

He never said "I have cured your blindness" nor "My Father has cured your blindness." It was always "Your faith has healed you."

So I'm wondering, why do people pray for miracles? Why do they pray "Jesus, please save my soul." And never just go out and live by the way. Why pray to God for salvation, and not just have faith that you are acting with righteousness? Act fairly, act not selfishly, do not deceive or claim to have knowledge higher than the knowledge you have. Simply do good works for the sake of doing good works and have faith that you will be saved. Isn't that closer to what Christ would want, instead of mindless masses droning ancient passages as if they'll get to heaven on repetition?

edit on 24-6-2013 by GodIsRelative because: hit enter instead of tab, give me a sec...

edit on 24-6-2013 by GodIsRelative because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

edit on 24-6-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
miraculous healings have been happening thousands of year before christ, by people that never heard of Israel or their god. and they still happen today, by people who have never heard the name jesus.the potential to do such feats are within all people. even jesus says this in John 14:12. unfortunately the moment something gets written down is the moment all meaning is lost as it is open to any fools interpretation. unless one has understanding of the yogic sciences christainty becomes a demonic religion ruled by a insecure god. fortunately jesus has nothing to do with Christianity

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsRelative

That's an interesting take on the nature of Jesus's miracles. I would like to know EVERYTHING He said. The Gospels vary and have pieces. A book that contained ALL of his teachings with no other commentary would be nice. Oh well.

Anyway, I like your thought process.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The power that Jesus use to heal the sick was the power of Christ. Or "ascended" consciousness.
edit on 24-6-2013 by eso322 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

By whose power did Jesus heal the sick?

John 14:10
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative

When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" "Yes, Lord," they replied. Then he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith let it be done to you";Matthew 9:28-29 NIV

This passage seems to indicate that it is by our own power that Jesus healed us. It seems that he didn't have to do anything but make the suggestions. On more than one occasion, Jesus claimed we could perform miracles in His name, but when did He claim that the miracles were His doing and not the works of our own faith?

He never said "I have cured your blindness" nor "My Father has cured your blindness." It was always "Your faith has healed you."

By Jove, he's got it!

This truth is practiced by energy healers, and is even somewhat acknowledged by science as the placebo effect. The mind has a powerful influence over the body. Consciousness is the fundamental foundation of this reality, so to suggest that an individual's consciousness has no power over her physical form is absurd.

The people who believed in Jesus believed strongly that he had the power to heal them, this sort of absolute belief that they held put their minds in a state of total allowing. When Jesus said that they would be healed, their minds made it so.

So I'm wondering, why do people pray for miracles? Why do they pray "Jesus, please save my soul." And never just go out and live by the way. Why pray to God for salvation, and not just have faith that you are acting with righteousness? Act fairly, act not selfishly, do not deceive or claim to have knowledge higher than the knowledge you have. Simply do good works for the sake of doing good works and have faith that you will be saved. Isn't that closer to what Christ would want, instead of mindless masses droning ancient passages as if they'll get to heaven on repetition?

You should never pray for anything. Asking for something is the same is focusing on not having it, and as your mind is focused on this lack, the lack shall persist. Praying "Jesus, please save my soul" implies the belief that your soul is not already saved. This belief itself can be the source of profound suffering as a result of feeling separated from the light.

Prayer should be used to express gratitude and trust. Gratitude is a powerful positive emotion of appreciation, and trust puts your mind in a state of allowing. Combining these in prayer allows positive things to manifest. This might sound something like "Jesus, thank you for teaching me compassion and patience, I trust that you will lead me to do what is right."
edit on 24/6/2013 by Glass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Glass

You should never pray for anything.
Then why did Jesus teach the "Our Father," or pray that His disciples be one, etc. ?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

"Faith" means faith in the power of God.
It is God's power, operating if people trust it (because "trust" is the essence of faith).

"If it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you"- Matthew ch12 v28

edit on 25-6-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Glass

Then why did Jesus teach the "Our Father," or pray that His disciples be one, etc. ?

The "Our Father" prayer doesn't really ask for anything.

Our Father, Who art in heaven Hallowed be Thy Name; Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven...

The first bit expresses reverence, respect and trust.

Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

It sounds like they're asking for bread, but as this prayer is most often used right before a meal it is actually an expression of gratitude.

We know that God forgives us always, so asking for forgiveness is actually giving ourselves permission to forgive ourselves, and to forgive ourselves we must also forgive others.

It ends with the word "amen", meaning "it is so", sealing the prayer with a thought of trust.

Don't bother begging God for anything in your prayers. That's the point I want to make here. God knows what you need better than you do. Just trust him and show your gratitude.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Glass

prayer only works for the childlike, it is a way of tricking oneself into manifesting things in one's life. if your mind is too developed you must be more straight forward and sincere with yourself. this is where the yogic sciences come in

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
It can't be faith alone that heals.

When I first got really sick ~ 4 years ago, I fully had faith that God would heal me.
I was a 'praise the lord' type. And I had no doubt that I'd be healed.
That hasn't happened. If healing was based on faith alone, I would have been healed then.

It has to be Willed by God ... and perhaps we have to have faith as well.
Otherwise ... nothing happens.

Anyways, that's been my experience. Take it for what it's worth.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Faith is your hope in the assurances of his promise. That hope they had inside them for him powered their healing. They all knew back then what ha'Moshiach was and is and that he would come, to see him walking around and doing the miracles he did fueled that hope and they knew that God was walking amoung them, well those who believed was was ha'Moshiach, that is why they worshipped him. Their faith manifested in their actions by their going to him for healing, they dared to hope in him and act on that hope and as it is written "whosoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved" occurred.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It can't be faith alone that heals.

When I first got really sick ~ 4 years ago, I fully had faith that God would heal me.
I was a 'praise the lord' type. And I had no doubt that I'd be healed.
That hasn't happened. If healing was based on faith alone, I would have been healed then.

It has to be Willed by God ... and perhaps we have to have faith as well.
Otherwise ... nothing happens.

Anyways, that's been my experience. Take it for what it's worth.

Sometimes the answer is no when it comes to our healing. Why? Because he may be using our afflictions to bring us to where he wants us in life. I've had 13 surgeries, several of them were major and I still need more and I suffer from chronic abscesses due to those surgeries, but looking back on my life and every bad thing that happened to me I can see that it has guided me to where i am now. If those things had not happened i'd probably be a lot different. The things we endure change us, and some people it changes for the worse, yet others can find God and give glory. For me that's what it is about, giving glory. I may be damaged and decaying, but even in this slow rotting death I can give glory from a shattered body and to him it makes it that much sweeter.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

But then there's this.

Uh, they had faith that Jesus was going to heal them, that's why they were healed.

Jesus says to ask in his name...

John 14:13-14

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

You have to have faith in Jesus and you have to do works for the glory of God, not for yours or anyone else's glory in order for anything to happen.

If it's not being done to glorify God or if God doesn't feel that what is being done will ultimately fit into his greater purpose for that person, it will not be done.

Ultimately, only God's will will be done.

edit on 25-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

miraculous healings have been happening thousands of year before christ, by people that never heard of Israel or their god. and they still happen today, by people who have never heard the name jesus.the potential to do such feats are within all people. even jesus says this in John 14:12. unfortunately the moment something gets written down is the moment all meaning is lost as it is open to any fools interpretation. unless one has understanding of the yogic sciences christainty becomes a demonic religion ruled by a insecure god. fortunately jesus has nothing to do with Christianity

What? You think God never existed before Jesus came along? Of course he did.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Now, I know we're talking about the power of Jesus to heal the sick, but I think it's only fair to say that God will allow some things to happen in order to test their faith in God...

Deuteronomy 13:1-5

1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

4 Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the Lord your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the Lord thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

Believe it or not, there are people who are casting spells and performing "signs and wonders" and even practicing healing themselves in the names of other gods. I've studied this side of demonology. In order for the best demons to deceive people, they too have SOME ability to imitate God in order to lead people astray. One of those things includes "healing", albeit temporary.

These things will all be used to deceive people during the coming time of the Anti-Christ.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Here's an example of what I'm talking about and I have seen this exact same message from many others.

A person who begins to interact with demons/devils/fallen angels still in the dark open themselves to all sorts of problems. It may seem to begin very well. Demons will start by giving the person anything they want, generally without limits. They will weave an energy around their intended recipient that feels so magical, so wonderful .. so enticing, like a spider weaves a web. Their intent is to have the person trust them completely, to believe everything the demon tells them, to have them act on every request and follow their every human impulse, whether it is healthy for them in the long term, or short term; to overshadow their human free will until the person no longer knows what is right or wrong, or up or down, or logical or illogical - without the person realizing it. They lose themselves in the fascination of the Dark.

The angels say DON'T when something is not safe for the person they are protecting. For them to say DON'T the action must be very serious, for they honour your freewill and do not want to take it away from you. An angel is not an evil being, it gives you Love it does not drain your energy. Demons will drain you dry, beginning slowly until they are firmly attached, and then taking anything they need anytime, regardless of the effect it has on you. They do not care if you die. Their core nature is based on hatred of humans, and they will use the angels as an excuse for their behaviour and as a something to 'blame' when things start going wrong.

www.sacred-gates.com...

Unfortunately, like the person who wrote this, a lot of these people think they have the ability in their own power to brush off these demons and they believe they're doing it over a period of many lifetimes.

This is why God says not to practice such things, because as long as people are dabbling in it, they will know some truths, but ultimately be deceived again. They have opened the door to remain susceptible to lies until they repent and turn to the God who can help them out of it.

edit on 25-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Believe it or not, there are people who are casting spells and performing "signs and wonders" and even practicing healing themselves in the names of other gods. I've studied this side of demonology. In order for the best demons to deceive people, they too have SOME ability to imitate God in order to lead people astray. One of those things includes "healing", albeit temporary. These things will all be used to deceive people during the coming time of the Anti-Christ.
Does that mean no one can heal in GOD'S name without being accused of serving satan. How would we react to someone that could heal like Jesus did?

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Does that mean no one can heal in GOD'S name without being accused of serving satan. How would we react to someone that could heal like Jesus did?

That's precisely what the entire world is going to find out when the Anti-Christ arrives.

That's why you have to hold strong to the faith, because what's coming is going to be the most deceiving than anyone has ever witnessed before.

Stay close to God in order to not be deceived.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join