It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is some of my Art work

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
..you're a much more accomplished and proficient artist than i am

thanks for showing me your work.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

I like your style, its rather interesting almost captivating and raw.
definitely post future works

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 13100D

Hey thanks alot I will when I get some new stuff put together I am glad you liked what I posted

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hey Brotherman, glad you sent me a link. You are very talented my friend! I don't judge other's work by what I do and I appreciate the raw, heavy quality of your work. It works very well at evoking emotional responses and creating mood.
I happen to like your use of color, very sparing and hinting or accenting rather than overwhelming as much color tends to get.

I thought of Munch as well but also the Ashcan school painters of the early 20th century. Check out John Sloan and George Bellows' work. Another artist I think you will appreciate is Thomas Eakins who painted graphic scenes from medical school . Your veteran portraits have much in common with some of the artists who portrayed WW1, you captured the essence of frailty and the psychological horrors of war written in his face and hands.

Like you I have always drawn whatever interested me and never really gave a # of other's opinions. You really can't afford to if you wish to remain true to your own vision. That part I appreciate more than any other - the authenticity that can't be faked. There are always better technical artists out there who can render any subject with painful precision. Sure, it's an accomplishment but a hollow victory if done only for it's own sake.

Thanks for linking me to your work, it's excellent - evocative, forceful, unabashed and honest. Well done! Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future.
Cheers,
Asktheanimals

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join