It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.t Moses the black...........died 405 75 yrs old..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
St. Moses the Black was a former gang leader, murderer, and thief in ancient Africa. However, he became a model of transformation. His is one of the most inspiring stories among the African saints.

www.stmaryofegypt.net...

Among many of great early writers and defenders of the Christian faith........
St Cyprian........
His treatise On the Death Rate, written in the aftermath of a major plague that swept through Carthage, addresses the reality of physical suffering and death from a martyr�s point of view. Consider the faith he applies to the tragedies affecting both Christians and non-Christians alike:
"There are certain people who have been troubled by the fact that this disease has attacked believers and nonbelievers alike. It would seem as if the purpose of our whole life as Christians were to enjoy the happiness of this world, and as if we were immune from any contact with its evils, not having to endure all the adversities we meet here
www.stmaryofegypt.net...

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
[sarcasm]Great
[/sarcasm]

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 03:28 AM
link   
What a lot of disconnected drivel..sigh...cash...aarrrgh. There was a Moses of Skete -or at least as reliably so as there were any of the desert fathers and martyrs; but that really is about it.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 03:30 AM
link   
As for Mary of Egypt (Alexandria to be precise) well, it's a charming moral tale of the prostitute who finds the truth and becomes a hermit for half a century (with a nice ghost story at the end).
Suffice it to note that the Greek Church honours her feast on April 1st (yes it does).

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   
And would anybody who's head was right call Roman/Byzantine Egypt 400 years, give or take, AD "ancient Africa"?

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What's your point helen?!?! You post information from websites without giving your opnion.

[Edited on 15-5-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
And the point of this thread is to?

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Maybe you guys could explain how this tread has relavence to anything other than long life after a life of sinning

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Does there have to be a point???

I'ts about how God acts in people in different ways of knowing the truth........

Its just one man's discovery from ''living a life of a lie'' to knowing God and following the truth..........

Another -one ........Thats what Christianity is about.........it's taking up your ''Cross'' and following it.......
struggle........

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Helen, the only reason you posted this was to try to show us that your religion is the right religion and others are wrong.

You think Islam isnt about struggle and Christianity is??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Islam is Struggle. Why do you think most converts in the post 9-11 era are told to think twice by Muslims about becoming Muslim. Because once you become Muslim you will forever be discriminated against.

Christianity= struggle, LOL.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Illmatic................that is not why i posted that!!!
(Though you and whoever can think what you like!!!)

Africa in the early church age was Christian............but the ''Sword'' prevailed................

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Where was Jesus when the "sword" as you call it prevailed over "Christianity"?

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
do you really, I mean really want to hear that!

I'll only get ''lol'' if i speak up!

There is always a reason behind everything that happens, illmatic.........

And if you cannot understand , then i am not going to make you understand..........

There's much more meaning in life then what we believe.......
And it is up to ourselves to figure that out..........

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
do you really, I mean really want to hear that!

I'll only get ''lol'' if i speak up!

There is always a reason behind everything that happens, illmatic.........

And if you cannot understand , then i am not going to make you understand..........

There's much more meaning in life then what we believe.......
And it is up to ourselves to figure that out..........

There is nothing you can teach me that I don't already know. Come on Helen, I used to be Christian. That's a terrible combination. An ex-Christian can embarrass a Christian so easily..

top topics

join