It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck reveals "Man in the Moon" production trailer...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Regardless of what you think about Glenn Beck, and take a moment to watch this trailer of his upcoming production "Man in the Moon" this summer and comment:

The story behind Man in the Moon is to date mostly shrouded in mystery. Recent promos on TheBlaze have shown some pieces that didn’t make the cut—most notably the “current wars” between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla. But the trailer shows that the story will span thousands of years, with biblical accounts such as Noah’s Ark and the Tower of Babel playing important roles, as well as key moments in American history such as Abraham Lincoln’s assassination. Glenn also has said that World War 2 would play a prominent part as well, and production staff were known to be working with actual planes from that era as part of the early show planning.

edit on 23-6-2013 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I think this production is incredible. The message it tells is crushing!

People of all languages need to watch this. We all need to put aside our differences and realize just how small our planet is!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The message it tells is crushing!

What message? A big part of the clip was ripping off an old movies.
edit on 23-6-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You need to go a little deeper than that and get beyond your anger to see the message.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

You need to go a little deeper than that and get beyond your anger to see the message.

What anger? Just because I didn't get ecstatic over a movie trailer that tells nothing of what the movie is about hardly means I'm angry about something. The trailer never really said anything about the movie it just ripped off the first man in the moon movie and other old movies.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Looks bland.

oh and can anyone tell me what glenns big news was ? That's the last I heard about him?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
Looks bland.

oh and can anyone tell me what glenns big news was ? That's the last I heard about him?

Your last chance...if this production doesn't save you...nothing will.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

What anger? Just because I didn't get ecstatic over a movie trailer that tells nothing of what the movie is about hardly means I'm angry about something. The trailer never really said anything about the movie it just ripped off the first man in the moon movie and other old movies.

Your last chance too Buster...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Bland and seriously looks like a bad MTV video.

What is this supposed to be? History of mankind with a pro-religious bias?

Anyone want to explain 'their' interpretation of it?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

so what is it? the history of man as seen by the moon, with a mormon twist?

what was his big announcement from a few days ago? i missed it, like a lot of other people i think.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stormson
reply to post by phantomjack

so what is it? the history of man as seen by the moon, with a mormon twist?

what was his big announcement from a few days ago? i missed it, like a lot of other people i think.

I'll avoid anything with a religious twist...I like the truth, not some fairy story!!

As for Glenn's big announcement, I think the reason we have not heard is because it was another one of Glenn's massive news stories that turned out to be nonsense. I like Glenn as a person but its a shame very little of what he promotes turns into anything worthwhile.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The moon and Glenn's face imposes a dogmatic ideology, this is very common with the filler material he puts out between rating based stories. To what aim this hopes to achieve falls aloof into apathy for me.

To add upon this one of the taglines at the end of the clip says '..told from one who has seen it all'.

Complete ego-ridden rubbish.

I was a young man when I started listening to him the 90s. I give him credit that he sparked interest in me for looking outside the box, but I soon saw the charade and sensationalism of his work, especially in actions and the content of delivered promises.
It is quite apparent this film is inspired by his religious infused agenda as well. Any example - his long winded talk show rants which attempt to fuse God and country.

Problem - religion as a tool to control the masses.

Further problem - controlling the masses in the information age.

I am thankful for Glenn in one more respect though, he was a great example for learning what spin was in the news. I am also not surprised his big announcement fell into the abyss.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
It looks interesting enough and I plan on seeing it when it comes out. I like Glenn Beck. I really liked him when he was on Fox News before he started getting a wee bit big for his britches (my opinion only of course). And even though I do not care for him as much as I used to, I do think the man truly loves his country, his planet, and those of us existing on it. He is like Alex Jones and a few others. Sometimes the delivery is off. Sometimes he goes too far. Sometimes he doesn't go far enough. But I truly believe that his heart is in the right place and he does try to work for the betterment of the situation we are in now.

In the end, he is at least doing SOMETHING besides sitting alone in his basement TALKING about doing something. That deserves a little of my respect I'd say.

I think it will be worth the watch.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I don't get it. As with all of Glenn Becks babbling, it takes weeks or months to decode his nonsense.

You will have an easier time decoding this:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by orhyen

To add upon this one of the taglines at the end of the clip says '..told from one who has seen it all'.

What? He is not "the one who has seen it all" . THE MOON is the one who has seen it all.

Yet you used your mis-understanding as an opportunity to bash Beck.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

What? He is not "the one who has seen it all" . THE MOON is the one who has seen it all. Yet you used your mis-understanding as an opportunity to bash Beck.

I understand the Moon is not a sentient being sir. It is a mouth-piece for... *drumroll* Mr. Beck.
I also understand you slammed 2 people in contention for not aligning with the thread already.
By purporting a last chance to buy into this, I can see we will make no further ground here, but I will try one more time since you started the thread with stating regardless of what we think and to comment.

As stated above, his work requires serious decoding. I recognize the attempt to 'chart the course' as he says on his radio shows, but there is a problem in this. There are many tangents and influences involved in Beck's paradigm. Suffice to say, I do not accept that he is altruistic. There's a reason he's still alive if he's so against the grain of those who control and are destroying our civilization. Even ol' Alex Jones falls into this. Someone is benefiting and the distractions keep adding up.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain of the man behind the curtain.

Does anyone remember Beck's chalk board sessions on Fox? He was drawing up the collapse of financial sectors, government overspending, illegal wars etc.
For a normal mind, this was decent info at the time to tune into slightly and attempt to understand what is going on in the world. What issue develops is how easily a mind tunes off right after.

The sensationalism of truth revelations are captivating to a human mind; at the same time they are intoxicating and overwhelming.

Now look at the series of testing phases our country has been through recently:
Boston bombing - Martial law test
DHS checkpoints - 4th amendment challenges
IRS political target profiling
Various high profile shootings - 2nd amendment challenges
NSA wiretapping - 4th amendment challenges

The list goes on and every explanation is right in our face with the sensationalism of truth revelations in order to numb us. The end goal is to be apathetic again - to go surf the internet looking at funny pictures of cats, and if you are remotely still concerned about the complexity of our civilizations true anarchy a messiah will appear to conveniently show you the way.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
He's a decent actor. Crying on demand takes skill.
edit on 24-6-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite

Originally posted by tombangelta
Looks bland.

Your last chance...if this production doesn't save you...nothing will.

lmao....or ELSE!! rofl.....wow

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

reply to post by orhyen

What? He is not "the one who has seen it all" . THE MOON is the one who has seen it all.

Yet you used your mis-understanding as an opportunity to bash Beck.

Beck does a good enough job doing that himself.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well, that was a vague trailer, but it was interesting. Any idea on what the hell it's about?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join