It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The wussification continues: NJ outlaws trash talk in school sports.

page: 2
5
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem
 


The progressive filth pit that is New Jersey is at it again.
The everybody wins generation is going to grow up weak and confused about how the real world works. Is it any wonder so many young people never leave home and act like teenagers many years past that point.




Parents and schools in the never ending urge to help are actually are creating weakness and apathy. Being progressive is a sickness of the mind.




posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem
 


The thought police at work.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Now, harsh language is considered an assault.


Beez, that's just a reflection of this entire society. We've gone from "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" to statements considered racist, sexist, inciting, or inflammatory suddenly being far worse than physically committing a crime. It is all about the style now. Hell, look no further than Obama, all hat no cattle. The man is a cult of personality and the icon of modern progressive ideals so, obviously, words are valued above all else in that crowd.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem
 

I've noticed the wussification in South African rugby-not so much regarding trash talk but regarding the physical playing of the game-so often these days one sees a player running to the ref like a kindergartner that got knocked down on the playground.While certain maneouvres like high tackles are dangerous+should certainly be cracked down on firmly,rugby when played without such tactics,in it's pure+proper form,is still a rough,rough game.One should expect shoves+scrapes-yet in some games one would think some players thought they were on a stage for a ballet performance.There are some players who tend to make a habit of this-notably these are the ones who love to start a scuffle+then run to the ref if they get shoved back.But then,rugby is not what it used to be,back in the day when players played the game for sheer love of it and not money.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by beezzer
Now, harsh language is considered an assault.


Beez, that's just a reflection of this entire society. We've gone from "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" to statements considered racist, sexist, inciting, or inflammatory suddenly being far worse than physically committing a crime. It is all about the style now. Hell, look no further than Obama, all hat no cattle. The man is a cult of personality and the icon of modern progressive ideals so, obviously, words are valued above all else in that crowd.




You mean, like on ATS, where there are rules about not hurling personal insults at other posters?



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by beezzer
Now, harsh language is considered an assault.


Beez, that's just a reflection of this entire society. We've gone from "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" to statements considered racist, sexist, inciting, or inflammatory suddenly being far worse than physically committing a crime. It is all about the style now. Hell, look no further than Obama, all hat no cattle. The man is a cult of personality and the icon of modern progressive ideals so, obviously, words are valued above all else in that crowd.



Criticism of a concept, a movement, an ideology has also been categorized as "sexist, inciting, inflammatory" as well. Just look at politics today! Why, just look at examples on ATS!
As a mod, you've probably received alerts that someone has stepped out of line JUST because they dared to be critical of an ideology!



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2
 


That's already happening. My daughter is 15. She started school at a time when you could win ribbons and things for what we've always called Field Day. A few years later she came home with a green bracelet that said "Field Day" on it. I asked her what else she won and she said NOTHING! Nobody won anything!! Everyone that "participated" received a green "participation" bracelet and nothing else. No 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place ribbons for tug of war, relay races, etc. No winning and no losing. :shk: So her generation is NOT learning (in the school system at least) the Thrill Of Victory or The Agony Of Defeat... both are something everyone needs to experience and EXPECT IMO.

It's out of hand, ridiculous, and sugar coating a harsh world. It's a disservice to our youth to deprive them of having real expectations and experiencing real outcomes whether they be wonderful or cruel.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


reply to post by Ex_CT2
 




Thanks guys. I think that society has gotten such a thin skin that it makes single-ply toilet paper look like a phone book.

Our country used to be filled with rugged, tough individuals.

Now? Now, harsh language is considered an assault.


Well, the children that are being raised by the State nowadays, can't handle bullying. When I was a child if I encountered a bully that refused to act with some semblance of decency and I was constantly being picked on, the end result as they usually ended up with some bruises, blacked eyes or bloody noses and then they would never bother me again. Some people have to learn the hard way, and some people have to teach them the hard way.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
It seems to me they're trying to suck all the life out of sports with this new law.


Fun will not be tolerated.

2nd.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
oh boo hoo, you can't yell racial slurs at your opponents anymore.

Truly the end of america


Team sports have always been about teamwork and respect for your opponent.
Not saying insulting things to them.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
"Hey batta' batta' batta' batta' batta' , I hope you have a nice day."

Mmmmmm, no. Doesn't sound right.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
"Hey batta' batta' batta' batta' batta' , I hope you have a nice day."

Mmmmmm, no. Doesn't sound right.


"You n***ers think you can beat us? Go eat yer watermelon and fried chicken, cuz you'll need your strength to play us....your butt-ugly sister would probably have a better chance of beating us than you bunch of fags and queers."

Mmmmmm, yeah. That sounds more like it. How proud I would be of my child if he said that to the opposing team.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
oh boo hoo, you can't yell racial slurs at your opponents anymore.

Truly the end of america


Team sports have always been about teamwork and respect for your opponent.
Not saying insulting things to them.


I'm with this guy. Unless you can trash talk like Ali or Chael Sonnen, keep your not so witty comments to yourself and concentrate on trying to be good enough to get away with trash talking.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv


"You n***ers think you can beat us? Go eat yer watermelon and fried chicken, cuz you'll need your strength to play us....your butt-ugly sister would probably have a better chance of beating us than you bunch of fags and queers."

Mmmmmm, yeah. That sounds more like it. How proud I would be of my child if he said that to the opposing team.


Only time anyone talks like that is during the MSNBC softball outing.

But then again, they are a bunch of racists.



new topics

top topics



 
5
<< 1   >>

log in

join