It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wildfire in Colorado's Southwestern Mountains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Huge fire threatens the town of South Fork, CO
This area is beautiful and has been used in movie scenes for the new Lone Ranger movie & the camping area in the movie National Lampoon's Vacation. These articles say they might lose the town.

www.gjsentinel.com...

www.southforktines.com...

Film scenes link: www.southfork.org...-bs_NightTimeMovieMagicIMG_2405

We need a rain dance for the west!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It's getting bigger grows to 30,000 acres!!
From The Pagosa Springs SUN newspaper - Eric Norton, fire behavior analyst for the NIMO Team, said, “The fire behavior we saw yesterday was so extreme, it was undocumented and unprecedented.”
www.pagosasun.com...

Wow just Wow!!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Headed there in 6 weeks to travel all the back trails in a razor 4....will I be alright?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Well now I'm jealous, you will have a blast!! As far as will you be ok, there are a lot of fires in Colorado at this time & it is very, extremely dry. Safety always weather, fire, etc. I will U2U a couple websites to check with before you head out there. Pray for some rain in the 6 weeks before you go.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekingDepth

Another false flag operation!

They are just all over the place these days.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

I'm in Huerfano county, east of the west fork fire. Our east Spanish Peak is ablaze. It's 0% contained, burned 11,000 acres so far.

The west fork fire has burned 42,000 acres to date. An 18 mile stretch of US hwy 160 over wolf creek pass is closed and hwy 149 between south fork and creede is too. The east peak fire is threatening a southern stretch of I-25 but it's open for now.

Fire officials aren't taking any chances, extremely dry conditions/wind/smoke close up roads before the fire gets there.

Unless you can handle heavy smoke at altitude, you shouldn't venture into southern Colorado right now. Depending on the wind some places are less smokey than others, nights are bad though.

Who knows what it will be like in 6 weeks. The fires are raging through pine beetle killed trees oozing pitch, lightning can ignite them even during a heavy rain.

This morning fire officials reported the west fork fire slowed down when it hit Aspen groves outside of south fork. So that's some good news.

Here in Huerfano county 177 boy scouts fled the east peak fire with whatever they had in their pockets. Poor kids it must have been terrifying. Witnesses said they could hear the fire roaring 2 miles away.

Right now we're under very strict fire restrictions, no chainsaws/welding without permits etc. Don't know about BLM but ranchers forbid vehicles of any kind off road in areas full of dry grasses.

Whatever you decide just be safe and prepared.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I was born and raised in eastern Colorado. Lived for nearly 8 years north of Gardner. My son lives in Laveta and I worry about him and his family.
He says no worry but the pictures he has sent from the east peak fire are mean and ornery. Told him to stay out of Walsenburg but he wants to go help!! He is a cop so I guess I cannot argue.( but I can still slap him down) hehe.
Have never seen so much fire in Colorado. I know, beetle kill and not much rain but the false flag does come to mind now and then. Have two firefighters in the family that worked on the Black forest fire.
Two homemade bombs were found there. Not detonated but could have been. Scary times!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by copperhead12

I'm so glad you mentioned the bombs found in Black Forest back before the fire started. I haven't heard another word about it. Seemed a little suspect to me too.

We've lived here a long time and we've never seen so much smoke/fire. Drought is pretty common, we've had dead standing trees for years. I really don't understand why now all of a sudden lightning is causing so much trouble. Strange days.

new topics

top topics

join