It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superman: A review. Save your money

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

from the website: www.incrediblehulkonline.com...
He has withstood the vacuum of deep space a multitude of times along with the huge pressure of the ocean floor.

i had a thread on the topic of hulk vs superman. had some good replies.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

always a fun topic.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

Can he take being thrown into the sun? Probably not...
Have to check out the thread though.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Actually the Hulk can survive in space.

Superman can as well but he needs oxygen to breath.

The Hulk could adapt to do without Oxygen.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

He can survive a direct hit from a gamma bomb.
And has survived several nukes.
He's also survived a Nova from the torch.
I think he could survive on the surface of the sun.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hyperion has the same powers as Superman basically.

"All versions of Hyperion possess superhuman strength, stamina, speed, flight, and durability. Each also has greatly enhanced sensory perceptions, which extends to being able to perceive the entire electromagnetic spectrum[citation needed] and "atomic vision" - the equivalent of heat vision."

Check this battle out.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

with all the gloom and doom threads... it's nice to take a break and have a Hulk vs. Superman talk.

this topic seems to bring out the passion in people. ha ha ha awesome stuff!!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I need to pose this scenerio with the Hulk and Superman. As the Hulk only gets strong everyone should know as the angrier he gets... Gaz if the Hulk was straped up with some Kryptonite Gauntlets who do you pose would win?

To me this would be Superman and Doomsday going at it... Just a thought but a fun scenerio to think about.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Depends on which Superman. Do you mean the Superman from the last movie, who lifted up a CONTINENT of Kryptonite?

I still think Superman could fling the Hulk into a black hole, and win that way. (or just zip around the world a few times, go back to the day Banner did the experiment, and simply take him out)....
If you want to bring others into it though, I'd suggest Dr. Manhattan. He'd simply disassemble both Hulk and Superman into atoms, and be done with it. The world's strongest superhero to him, would pose no more threat than the world's strongest ant.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

ANT SMASH!!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

Hehe... Thanks for the interesting insights into the Hulk though...learned a lot there. I still think Superman could win in the end of it, but it wouldn't be a slam dunk, that's for sure, and it would require Superman to actually use that superior intellect and some Kryptonian geometry, etc.

So far, most reviews are not raving about the movie. This may pose a stumbling block to their idea of kicking off the DC vision of making Justice League, etc.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Since i watched on the opening weekends, and a DC fan.

I will say that this superman movies is probably the best update to date on its series.

However, In the list of superhero movies, it would be a B rank.

If i give Iron Man a 8/10, i would give this a 6.5.

Problem? them trying to squeeze too much into it.
edit on 6/26/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker84
This movie isn't for you to relive your nostalgia. So I simply do not understand a lot of the negativity towards it. Snyder has specifically said several times during interviews and press coverage, that he is not making a Donner/Lester sequel/prequel. He is not paying homage to their films, he is "retelling" a story line that just happened to be the same as the one Lester tried to make. And his retelling of the film, is focused on "Realism",

Hell of a point here, beause that's exactly what Returns wanted to be, just an attempt at nostalgia, even down to how Routhe acted like Christopher (not Steve
) Reeves.

Me, I want to see this film regardless of reviews because I like to make my own decisions, shame on some of you, members of ATS and you let this guy lead you like sheeple.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I loved it, thought it was great that it was so different from the other movies, and Henry actually looked the part as the man of steel, he did a good job.

I see a lot of folk saying it needs more comedy, this leaves me scratching my head to be honest, it didn't need comedy at all, it is not Iron man and Clark is not Tony Stark! that kinda crap is what was half responsible for ruining Green Lantern, so i'm very happy they kept to the serious/darker tone.

As far as i'm concerned I got to see the superman movie I always wanted to see! I liked the Donner movies as a kid, but now not so much, I personally enjoyed this movie more.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I was way disappointed in this movie. The trailers were epic but the actual movie was really very flat. I love amy adams. I thought she did ok. I thought cavill was a good superman. And I thought shannon was a good zod. But the scrip was a convoluted bore.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So apparently this movie isn't very good, judging by the reviews. How do you think this movie can be fixed?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Routhe absolutely channeled Christopher Reeves, and Spacey was great as Lex Luthor...unfortunately, the story was complete crap, and things like Superman and Lois having the kid out of wedlock or him lifting a mountain of Kryptonite were so anti-Superman, that it kind of destroyed the nostalgia of it.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join