It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit cop who killed 7-year-old girl walks free after mistrial

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by roadgravel

Aha. I missed that.

I note that the report doesn't bother to inform the public how much resistance he put up, and whether such a theatrical show of strength was even necessary.

Which probably means it was not much. The news would not miss out on more sensation.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by roadgravel

Aha. I missed that.

I note that the report doesn't bother to inform the public how much resistance he put up, and whether such a theatrical show of strength was even necessary.

Which probably means it was not much. The news would not miss out on more sensation.

Now, if we only knew whether "later" meant later that evening and not some point thereafter, we'd at least know they got something right on the night.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
My thought was the guy was trapped due to all the police who would be in the area. Maybe some where around hour two it occurred to someone that they raided the wrong house and went to the correct one.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

My thoughts exactly. It's not an accident it's negligence. He should be fired and incarcerated. As far as the courts are concerned, justice doesn't existed. Only law exist and that is a great shame.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I can't help but wonder where and how people blame the court for this? A mistrial by hung jury isn't the court's fault. In fact, the court normally does all but issues threats to get a jury to get over whatever the problem is and issue a verdict one way or the other. The Judge isn't paid by the hour and is like anyone else in the world. They hate wasting days or weeks of their time for nothing because one idiot in the jury room couldn't see the truth for the obvious facts.

My wife served on a Federal jury here a couple months ago for a FEMA fraud case out of the Joplin Tornado. It was a pretty straight forward case and the guy richly deserved his prison sentence as she told me all about it after the trial was over (3 days was all it took). Still, one goober of the bunch almost hung the jury by insisting on hammering a technicality of the law that would have found him innocent by that, despite clear proof by his own words (among other things) of his clear guilt. They..prevailed..upon the poor confused soul and in the end, justice was served to the little cretin but, that close to the same thing that happened here.

Blame the system if this isn't re-tried and he doesn't stand for another trial. The prosecution even got a full dress rehearsal this time so they can get it right the next time. It's one way to look at it. This by NO means says he walked free though. Not under our system it doesn't.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I do not believe the police officer should get 15 years for it, after all accident, but at least some jail-time should come in my opinion, 3-5 years for example. He was doing his job, but his carelessness/irresponsibility with his gun led to the death of a child.

If that were you or I, we would get the 15. These people are supposed to be trained, specifically for these types of raids, so why hold them to a lower standard. "He was doing his job" doesn't cut it.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The guilt the cop will feel for the rest of his life is punishment enough, if it truly was an accident....and if it was an accident, then he shouldn't really be convicted, right?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I do not believe the police officer should get 15 years for it, after all accident, but at least some jail-time should come in my opinion, 3-5 years for example. He was doing his job, but his carelessness/irresponsibility with his gun led to the death of a child. Nothing can justify that in my opinion. He will regret this for the rest of his life, but still I believe at least some jail time is deserved too.

You don't think he should get jail time, and this should be termed an accident.

They threw in a kind of smoke bomb and then, without any brain cell working, shot anything that moved!!!!!

THAT IS MURDER PERIOD.

LIFE IMPRISONMENT NEEDED!

It's not called an ACCIDENT.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

RETRY HIM. If there is a problem, solve it. They deliberately went there to do just what they did. To murder innocents and terrorize. Proof. Throw in a smoke bomb and shoot at what moves. That is all the proof I need.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

But he was a murder SUSPECT and the law states that we are innocent till proven guilty. Should we execute all suspects?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Oh, I do agree. There is absolutely no way this one should or really can just 'end' with a hung jury. If it does, Detroit's population may get a little restless I'm thinking. Accident or No Accident, a 7yr old is dead and she shouldn't be. Someone does need to stand for that. The question is only reckless/negligent conduct or outright involuntary manslaughter. I'd have said perhaps they over charged it, but this Jury wouldn't even get him on the lesser charge, so at least one actually thought him innocent.

Anyone know if they polled the Jury?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by Cabin

i think these targets are to blame:

communities.washingtontimes.com...
this is absurd.
edit on 20-6-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
How US policing looks to citizens of the civilised world:

"Yeeehaw!" BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! "Stop or I shoot!"

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! "Cletus, I done got me a negro!"

Seriously!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join