It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Prepper Arrested For Bomb-Making Materials

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

A Waxahachie man was arrested in Dallas on Tuesday after bomb-making supplies were found in his car during a traffic stop.

Clayton Todd Earthman, 24, told federal agents he is a "Doomsday prepper."

"Doomsday Prepper" is a reality TV show on the National Geographic Channel that details the lives of people who are heavily armed in preparation for major natural disasters or national conflicts.

According to an AFT complaint against Earthman, agents found "large amounts of chemicals, supplies and literature suspected to be for bomb making purposes" and "handwritten notes describing now to build various explosive devices and booby traps."

The complaint said Earthman told the agents he had "used methamphetamine approximately three days prior."

Records show Earthman has a 1988 conviction for marijuana possession. The complaint said Earthman told the agents he is using methadone to quit using heroin, which he used for about a year.

According to the complaint, Earthman allowed agents to search his Waxahachie home, where they found more guns and explosive evidence.

The home is many miles away from the East Dallas Street where Earthman was arrested.

www.nbcdfw.com... nd

If by any chance you consider yourself one of these types of individuals, no doubt you probably already think that you're "on the map" by the ATF, NSA, DHS, etc. IMO if you weren't already, you're definitely about to be, because at this point you all are nothing more than paranoid, delusional, drug-addicts that are making bombs in the basement and attempting to start a new revolution...this will be the reason they use to watch and come after you. It's the perfect excuse, and I'm sure we will be hearing more about this type of thing in the very near future. I am not a prepper or survivalist myself, but I've certainly been taking small steps in that direction when funds allow. Just a friendly heads-up...

Btw, how does a 24 year old have a marijuana charge in 1988???
edit on 19-6-2013 by edgecrusher2199 because: More info

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I agree, we are all mental, delusional druggies on the edge of reality

Maybe we just know whats going on in the country and are preparing for when the world goes to the dogs.

either they meant 1998 or he is 34
edit on 19-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Btw, how does a 24 year old have a marijuana charge in 1988???

He was born smoking...lol...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

If they really wanted to they could arrest most anyone in the country for possessing bomb making materials as different household cleaning products that most people have in their cabinets have ingredients that would fit the technical definition of such materials, and after the Boston incident if you have a pressure cooker in your cabinet they could say you possess possible bomb making materials as well.

It seems since the show "Doomsday Preppers" started a lot of folks that have appeared on the show seem to have been arrested for all sorts of things that aren't technically illegal, as well as some being committed for mental illness for their "prepper" activities. Anybody who has anything to do with that show is just asking for trouble, and anyone who identifies themselves as a "Doomsday Prepper" should definitely keep on alert for trouble.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

granted,this guy was probably paranoid,but all the people on the show are! If I recall,this is the second guy busted by the show,the other was using pipe bombs as land mines,went as far as to show how he made them,used cardboard cut outs for testing,you name it! I wonder if the few grand they got paid even made a dent in the legal fee's.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by blkcwbyhat

granted,this guy was probably paranoid,but all the people on the show are! If I recall,this is the second guy busted by the show,the other was using pipe bombs as land mines,went as far as to show how he made them,used cardboard cut outs for testing,you name it! I wonder if the few grand they got paid even made a dent in the legal fee's.

you know that is something i wondered about.
all these reality shows that show people breaking state and federal laws.
ones like Doomsday Prepper, the one about moonshine, and the one about marijuana growers, and people who just skrit by selling it.

how can the cable companies, be part of that. cause some of the stuff they show, would be considered aiding and abating, or it's just plain out fake. which is what i think about 95% of it is any way.

edit on 19-6-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The worst mistake a DoomsDay Prepper can make is to announce that they Are a Doomsday Prepper.

Aside from that, here again, I think the reporting is Garbled. The guy would have had to be Negative 1 Years old for his first conviction.

What does an editor do .. .? 'cause I think I am mistaken as to what their job description actually is.

Does anyone ProofRead that garbage before they send it out. .. ?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
FPSRussia a YouTube personality had his home raided by the atf. They thought he was making bombs.
The ATF got a nice surprise when they found out that all his EXPLOSIVES were tannerite, a common exploding target substance. Mix two parts and shoot....KABOOM. Also all his firearms, of which he owns many were all legal to own.

What a waste of taxpayer money!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

The name Doomsday Prepper has a nice sensationalist spin to it in the media.
It sells so well. It does not mean they are all crazies, it just looks good on tv.

A lot are sellout's of the name. They give real preppers a bad name.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I see no problem with preparing a survival plan and supplies for that purpose if you're that pessimistic about future possibilities but not as far as making bombs. This guy's presented history doesn't sound like that of a stable person and I support the authority's view of him being a danger to the public based on the evidence of what they found in his possession.

There's no problem with stocking up on food and water supplies 'just in case' but offensive explosive weapons (improvised or manufactured) is something else.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

Your right, its just the media portrayal of these people. Most of them are prepping for their safety and security.
They dont feel that big brother can nor will protect them should something go down.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
I agree, we are all mental, delusional druggies on the edge of reality

Maybe we just know whats going on in the country and are preparing for when the world goes to the dogs.

By making bombs?

Eh? What, are you planning on creating the DOOM in the DOOMSDAY you are preparing for?

Pretty sure a bomb is not going to help you catch a deer.

What do I know, I'm one of those idiotic normal people who don't make bombs and horde guns.

scary I know.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Misprint on the story. He was arrested on pot charge in 2008 from this article.

crimeblog.dallasnews.com...

During a traffic stop Tuesday, Dallas police discovered bomb-making chemicals and literature in the vehicle of a Waxahachie man who told them he was preparing for doomsday, according to a federal complaint. Clayton Todd Earthman, 24, told officers he also had firearms and large amounts of chemicals at his home on Grande Casa Road in Waxahachie, according to the complaint filed Wednesday by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Earthman told the officers he is a drug user who is addicted to marijuana and that he last used methamphetamine three days earlier. He told police he is a “doomsday prepper.” That also happens to be the title of a reality TV series that airs on the National Geographic Channel. The following account comes from the ATF complaint. Earthman was pulled over by Dallas police around 2 p.m. in the 6600 block of Lovett Avenue in Dallas after failing to stop at a stop sign. Officers saw a Glock .357 caliber pistol on the floorboard at his feet and took him out of the vehicle. While searching the vehicle, officers found “large amounts of chemicals, supplies and literature suspected to be for bomb making purposes.” They also found several handwritten notes on how to build explosive devices and booby traps. During a search of his home, police found a Ruger Mini-14 .223 rifle as well as more chemicals, supplies, literature and handwritten notes on building explosives and weapons. Earthman was convicted in 2008 of a misdemeanor charge of marijuana possession. As a result, he was charged in the federal complaint with being an unlawful user and addict of controlled substances who was illegally in possession of a firearm. Posted in ATF, Dallas, Dallas police, Drugs, Federal courts, Federal investigations, Kevin Krause, Waxahachie | Tagged doomsday, doomsday prepper

Second article that says 2008. He was born in July1998,
www.dallasnews.com...
edit on 19-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Preppers collect things to survive in an Extreme condition. You seriously going to tell ME if this condition occurs I cannot have he materials and knowledge to build the things I need, yes, even BOMBS to protect my family?

That's absurd. If the things were legal for him to own and they are worried he might turn out to be the next Uni-Bomber, then fine, put his name on a list and keep an eye on him but Don't tell him he cannot have those things or use them in a SHTF condition when he needs to.

What about the Military? Tons of servicemen have this knowledge and know where to get the materials.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
There ya go preppy meant somethin else when i first heard it....now ita a doom and gloomer hey?
Well, ya know, the knowledge of how to make the stuff is not illegal....so why not just have a rough idea and wait for the SHTF or something....n
Surely theres more importants stuff to hoard up like TAMPAX AND TOILET PAPER
Now THAT # gonna make me rich someday.....

edit on 19-6-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Why does the guy want a gator or a crock so bad? IS he building a moat or something?

www.youtube.com...

And I am not sure what to think of this post?

clayton earthman commented 7 months ago I definitely think we need more laws to protect animals, most animal laws r hardly lax in the u.s.a. & I'm sry but europe & germany have some lax laws too,I mean come on. what we need is more ppl to kick the # out of their neighbors and snatch their animals from them when they abuse em nstead of relying on gov. 2 solve our probs. O ya venomman I wasnt clear in my other msg but I would love to know where some rescues r that will release gators and crocs to ppl who want to give them good homes.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
With as broadly as the laws are written anymore, you could arrest everyone in the U.S. for filling their gas tanks. Gasoline is a "bomb making material"... and, in the right hands can be devastatingly effective. When are propane tanks going to be licensed and regulated? The gov't can twist the use of any common household item as a "bomb making material" if it suits their needs.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Apparently you missed what I said.

ANYONE who is a Doomsday Prepper that announces it publicly is just asking for trouble.

I know that there both good and bad preppers. The bad preppers are the ones telling everyone what they are doing.

Little do they know that when the SHTF the Good 'Ol Government is going to be knocking on their doors and claiming ALL of their "Prepping" as Eminent Domain. ..
. . That is Just Very Funny to me.

There is Nothing like working your @$$ off to prepare for your future and someone comes along and claims it as theirs. To bad they have to open their mouths about it. They are just asking for it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

By making bombs?

Eh? What, are you planning on creating the DOOM in the DOOMSDAY you are preparing for?

Pretty sure a bomb is not going to help you catch a deer.

What do I know, I'm one of those idiotic normal people who don't make bombs and horde guns.

scary I know.

What because a few idiots sell out to a tv show, make a few bombs to boost ratings, and suddenly prepper is a dirty word?
Check your blanket accusations at the door.
We are not all crazies, we are not all bad people.
We just fear whats to come.
Prey for the best prepare for the worst.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

I didnt miss what you said. I dont like the fact that you people are painting preppers all with the same brush.

You do understand that this was big way before tv got a hold of it?

I am a prepper and im proud to be one. ill keep prepping to protect my loved ones shout the day ever come.

If you think we are all bomb toting gun hoarding crazies you got another thing coming.

We aren't some radical Islamist group that wants to kill innocents. We just want guarantee of our safety, something that the government is clearly not in a position to do.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join