It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members of EU Parliament payroll info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hey ATS,

Probably alot of folks know this already, but in a time of global recess, i feel this should come to everyone's attention.

Members of EU parliament are about 4 days per month in Strasbourg. For this job they receive 6200 euros each month. Apart from this, upon their request, they may receive an additional 4200 euros each month for expenses. To get the extra 4200, you must only ask, and you will get it, without any proof of expenses made. As a parliament member you have a budget of 21000 per month euros to pay your staff, how appropriate would it be to just hire your husband or wife? It happens. Further, there is a travel expenses arrangement. You get paid 0,50 euro per kilometer driven. Based on the length of your trip, an extra compensation for the time you spent in the car, and an additional compensation for the total amount of kilometers you have to travel. This amounts easily to more then a thousand euros per trip, depends on how far you have to travel that is. From the Netherlands to Strasbourg, the total compensation is 800 euros. Then comes the pension plan. From your 63rd birthday up until your 68th birthday, you will accumulate a base pension of 1250 euros per month for the remainder of your life.

Not to mention the free buffets, chauffeurs etc. No doubt all members of parliament sweat day and night doing their most extended efforts in serving the public's interest, are these salaries and arrangement not a bit high? considering the 'crisis' that Europe is experiencing?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'm living In Italy now for about 10 months and there Is so much people living here with less than 700 euros a month (I live here with less than 550, I don't think that this Is fair. Look In Brazil (I'm from Brazil) this Is really common but I never thought I would see something like this happening here In Europe. At least they should prove the expenses, and if the expenses are less than the payment, give the addiction money back.

join