It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism radiation plot uncovered in Albany

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
I dont know if i should post this, but you all do know that smoke detectors hold radioactive material right?
Im sure if someone need to they could harvest.

Mods because of the nature of this post, i leave it up to your discretion to keep it or remove it.

No the material in smoke detecter are only alpha emitters and very low in concentration.

You could posion someone with it but you could'nt turn it into a weapon of mass destruction.

This post will likely get deleted as it always does when I explain how something works

edit on 19-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Treyc33
reply to post by captaintyinknots

To come-up with this concept, then to actually create it, is beyond crazy. What a sadistic idea.

And Im sure the US goverment has explored the idea in full

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Range would be pretty far reaching as the beam would travel the speed of light

Speed as nothing to do with range. Candle light (1 cp) moves at the speed of light but the range that you could read a book by it in darkness is just about 2 feet.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I find it interesting that no one is even mentioning the fact that these guys were, by their own admission,out to kill the enemies of israel. Its seems pretty clear that they feel the US is one of those.

Funny how, when its a muslim, we hear, ad nauseum, about the 'radical muslim terrorists'. Well, now we see what happens when the shoe is on the other foot, and its rather disappointing.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Your right. But X-Rays are high frequency high energy EM radiation. It has a high penetration rate. Not as high as gamma but high enough for hopsitals to have to shield there staff with lead.

It would be very very similair to Gamma rays. Im guessing a range of a hundred meters could be acheived.

But it would be expensive and tricky. I cant see anyone outside of militarys being able to do it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well looks like my weather control platform is gonna have to be mothballed.
I live in NY, capital district area and the news reports have been quite comical. The first I heard it was described as a "death ray"! My first thought was someone was playing Tesla? I am now quite curious about the others mentioned in the article who knew about the plan. What were their backgrounds I wonder?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

So far no one has ever managed to create a directed energy weapon using X-Rays that is harmful to humans in any effective way. The German military have experimented in making one to mess with electronics but nothing ever really developed from it

So is a x-ray cancer causing weapon created by a civilian really feasible considering the power needed , the cost to run it ,expertise and the super short distance x-rays ? Not really

Like you said

I cant see anyone outside of militarys being able to do it.

Thats if at all possible with current tech and power sources.
edit on 19-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
double post

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Can I suggest people Google 'Israel' and 'The ringworm children'.

Might give you some idea into how Israel got their atomic weapons.
Collateral damage.
Sephardic children were bombarded with HUGE ammounts of radiation.
Israel got atomic weapons, US got research into X Ray/gamma ray effects.
Shimon Peres has alot to answer for.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Hey you just asked is it feasible.

It is.

Just very hard to do and would be extremly unlikely to be in the capabilitys of a right wing nutjob.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

fea·si·ble

Adjective

1- Possible to do easily or conveniently.
2- Likely; probable.

A civilian making a working, unique directed energy x-ray weapon capable of delivering efficient lethal beam of radioactivity at its human targets with currently available tech is neither of those things.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

That's a very interesting case. It seems there's not much in the way of verifiable numbers of people treated or harmed. Im guessing they where within a few inches of the x-ray machine when treated.

All the info on it is very sketchy. But ill read up some more on it. Interesting

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I find it interesting that no one is even mentioning the fact that these guys were, by their own admission,out to kill the enemies of israel. Its seems pretty clear that they feel the US is one of those.

Funny how, when its a muslim, we hear, ad nauseum, about the 'radical muslim terrorists'. Well, now we see what happens when the shoe is on the other foot, and its rather disappointing.

That post is what is dissapointing as if there are not people trying to sell muslims weapons to destroy their enemies.

And the biggest difference is that Klan 'member' is not motived by religion as the op stated he was motivated by MONEY.

that he intended to sell to Jewish groups or a southern branch of the Ku Klux Klan,

edit on 19-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

COCK AND
BULL.

aiming it at a suspect and it directs a radiation beam at them to kill them.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Why would anyone Rube Goldberg a big-arse contraption like that, then lug it around, put it in place, then keep returning to refuel it... when they could pay a few bucks for a can of gasoline and a bic? Doesn't sit right with me...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Sounds to me like some one was going to buy a bunch of microwave ovens and take them apart. What do they sell for these days $30.. And a large generator is all they would need to power it. Exhaust it out the truck with a muffler and they would only think it was the truck running.

But then again just before Obama won his first election a KKK guy got busted with radioactive material he legally bought over the internet for experiments and was planning on making a bomb.
edit on 19-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ya know Neo you clicked something in my head. Why would a self-proclaimed member of the KKK be so quick to try and align himself with Jews? Last I knew the Jews were on their list of undesirables
Starting to sound more contrived to me now.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
reply to post by neo96

Ya know Neo you clicked something in my head. Why would a self-proclaimed member of the KKK be so quick to try and align himself with Jews? Last I knew the Jews were on their list of undesirables
Starting to sound more contrived to me now.
That is one of the many things that is not sitting well with me, too.

There is no reason a kkk member would be fighting in favor of Israel. It just does not compute.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Religion, not some much, but statism, yes. He openly stated he wanted to kill the enemies of Israel.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Anyone who's not "white" or not Christian is on their "list".

-SAP-

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join