It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Wept

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
My dad said he went to a UFO conference talk a couple of weeks back in my home town of Hull, (this was before I saw him on that bizarre alien abduction show on channel 4) and he said he came across as a very genuine character who certainly wasn't out to make a quick buck or two. About 50 people turned up and paid £2 each, so making £100 is hardly earth-shattering is it?

He also said his cat was one of the strangest pets he had ever come across and the way it's posture was some-what similar to a human, watching all of the slideshows, etc.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
My dad said he went to a UFO conference talk a couple of weeks back in my home town of Hull, (this was before I saw him on that bizarre alien abduction show on channel 4) and he said he came across as a very genuine character who certainly wasn't out to make a quick buck or two. About 50 people turned up and paid £2 each, so making £100 is hardly earth-shattering is it?

He also said his cat was one of the strangest pets he had ever come across and the way it's posture was some-what similar to a human, watching all of the slideshows, etc.

Narcissism and ego don't necessarily mean he wants anything other than an audience to bullshìt and people to think he's special. The guy is a joke...polite or not...well mannered or not.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamOckham
reply to post by EnPassant

Oh, you mean it happens in fantasy land? Yeah, I heard of that place.

It is no less strange than abduction, which is no less strange than ETs. If strangeness is the criterion for what is and what is not true, then quantum mechanics and relativity would never have been accepted as truth.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnPassant

It is no less strange than abduction, which is no less strange than ETs. If strangeness is the criterion for what is and what is not true, then quantum mechanics and relativity would never have been accepted as truth.

The cool thing about science is that everything is questioned unless it can be tested and observed and that's perfectly okay and rational. Much of Quantum Mechanics is still theory and unproven, other than in mathematics equations...and in part, some conflicts with General Relativity because we cannot explain why forces that seem to govern the universe, do not apply or work the same at sub-atomic scales.

That said, what this guy says is less probable than the more rational explanation that he is simply nuts or a narcissistic liar trying to make himself seem more special than he really is.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

My point is that if a thing is strange that does not mean it is wrong. Often things are strange because they are true. I remember, before all this abduction stuff came out, I read in a newspaper about this guy who was taken up by aliens and had sex with one of them. We laughed at that article, as we would - we were teenagers. But now researchers have discovered a lot of sexual overtones with regard to the abduction scenario. As a matter of fact, these overtones were suppressed initially by people researching abductions because they were just too strange - and perhaps, a bit too Freudian. The abduction scenario is replete with these reports so maybe that article I read all those years ago, before any of this came out, was not so silly.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Honestly ?

Who votes for a guy that makes these claims, in to politics ?

He's a town council isnt he? And whitby is not that big.

He's basically a pencil pusher,

I feel the documnetary picked people who's stories could be twisted to fit the agenda of this paticular show, which was to show them as sad people from broken backgrounds who probably suffer from mental illnesses.

One women was so contradictory about her feelings, one minute terrified of leaving her house, in case she was abducted, then talking about the aliens as if they were family, saying they made her feel safe and special.

I would love to have seen the documnetary done with maybe more mainstream abductees.

or maybe they just dont exist?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join