It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can I Keep My Doppelganger Anonymous But "Legal"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
OK, so a "me" from an alternate world has "fallen into" our own world. He's shocked, but realizes sadly that he's stuck in our own universe forever until he dies like any other human. How does he know this? Because, from the alternate universe that he comes from, there have been numerous stories about people going missing for no apparent reason and "never returning" - so he puts two and two together.

He's able to emotionally deal with this quickly. My "doppelganger" is much taller, much stronger and better than I am. He's also got excellent sporting skills - such skills that could probably land him a millionaire sportsman career (e.g. NBA or world-class swimming).

I'm not wealthy or particularly financially strong, so how exactly can I "exploit" his talents (he's consented)? He looks very similar to me - but I just have to tell friends that he's a really close cousin. I can't exactly get him to assume my identity because friends would wonder how on earth I've suddenly grown 19 inches (he's about 6'11) overnight!

So is there no way that I can get some sort of ID and identity for him so that he can travel and so that the intelligence services don't smell a rat and so that he can compete in sporting competitions? I don't want the government to "take him in" and I want no publicity - we have both decided to keep this quiet; it'd only attract so much negativity (fear from the general populace; religious craziness and dysphoria etc).

Help? (He has been seen in public with me and people have remarked how similar he looks to me and asked if he's my brother or something).

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

So are you asking us how to exploit somebody as a slave because they are in a non-negotiable situation? And are you also asking us how to help you without "them" taking him away? And are you also asking this on ATS, a public forum with an all-inclusive membership?

Because if you are, then I'd say take him on the high seas and become adventurous pirates and then set up an awesome pirate fortress to operate from. The wonderful trope here is that the little guy would have all the power while the big guy would look like a pirate king. This plan cannot fail.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I'm not wealthy or particularly financially strong, so how exactly can I "exploit" his talents

I think the real question is how do you keep him from killing you and assuming your identity. he could just tell people, "I've been working out"

edit on 15-6-2013 by Bybyots because: ?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

So are you asking us how to exploit somebody as a slave because they are in a non-negotiable situation?

Look I was here first - so what I say goes! He can't just waltz in and expect everything to be rosey, OK! A man's gotta make cash, you know!

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

WOW

That's disgusting that you want to exploit a man with a mental illness like that.

Typical.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots

I'm not wealthy or particularly financially strong, so how exactly can I "exploit" his talents

I think the real question is how do you keep him from killing you and assuming your identity.

2nd.

He's a bright chap - he'll know that I have lots of friends who'll sound the alarm after seeing that their mate is suddenly much more massive and 19 inches taller. Unless of course, he manages to somehow secure funds and flees the country; but then I'll just be declared missing - unless he telephones the parents and says he's "going abroad".

Actually...maybe you're right... maybe I should watch him cautiously...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

WOW

That's disgusting that you want to exploit a man with a mental illness like that.

Typical.

He hasn't got a mental illness - he's perfectly healthy! He's the one who dropped in, not me!

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Yes, but what if he is a clever orator? And dresses better than you do?

2nd.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

WOW

Typical.

Who has the mental illness the man who thinks he's from dimension X or the person that believes the man is from dimension X?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots

Yes, but what if he is a clever orator? And dresses better than you do?

2nd.

That would be a problem, yes. He could snuff me out, put the friends to bay by telling them he's "my close cousin" and avoid the parents telling them he's "going abroad". But first he'll have to have cash, which I don't have. He also doesn't know my bank details or pin (but I guess he could torture them out of me)...

In fact...the more I think about it...the more he seems dangerous...maybe I'll have to take him out to avoid the hassle...

Then again, he does seem like a bright and nice chap - I mean, we feel a connection, you know. Would a brother kill a brother that he loved? No. So why would an alternate version snuff his "other" out?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

WOW

Typical.

Who has the mental illness the man who thinks he's from dimension X or the person that believes the man is from dimension X?

i'll go with choice #3: anybody* who's assuming this is a "real" scenario without checking H-sap's posts
and discovering [s]he only posts Hypotheticals.
Obsessive Debunking Disorder?
ROFL
*not a dig you boncho, though you do have your moments of "sanity" now and then

to the OP, assuming your alternate self wouldn't get rid of you, why would you want to make him "legal"
you should work out and get elevator shoes.
it takes little imagination to come up with ways to use your new 2 in 1 status for fun and profit

alibi being the 1st to come to mind

but pay me no heed, as I Am quite "Mad"

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

A doppelganger doesn't just look like you in the face, he is another you, period. So, even by those standards, you are both wrong.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens

... there no way that I can get some sort of ID and identity for him so that he can travel and so that the intelligence services don't smell a rat and so that he can compete in sporting competitions? I don't want the government to "take him in" and I want no publicity - we have both decided to keep this quiet; it'd only attract so much negativity (fear from the general populace; religious craziness and dysphoria etc).

You say above that you have "both decided to keep this quiet"...and yet you told all of us on this very public website. Also...many, many people read this website and many of these people are not members; but they are a part of TPTB. If they really want to find out who you are...they will.

There is an old saying..."If you don't want anyone to know; then don't tell anyone."

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Here's how I see it.

He's not a true doppelganger and so don't worry about whatever that angle might portend, because thankfully for you, it doesn't apply. Also, as he's a good foot and half taller than you, not many people are going to get you two mixed up!

But as you said, he's really big, he's strong, athletic and pretty smart and has the potential to make big bucks. And as he doesn't know his way around so well in this big wide world, he needs help.

You can be his manager and agent! You can easily cream 30% of all the fees for the interviews you can set up so he can tell his story -- and don't forget the book rights (hardback and paperback) and the movie and TV series options as well! (EDIT: and the Game! Gotta be a computer game in this somewhere! And maybe a doppelganger app!!)

You can make a fortune that way!

And back in his world, there be be another you, and in that world, he'll be your agent/manager and do the same.

It's win-win and win-win all round!!

edit on 15/6/13 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'd bump you off, dissappear your body and be the sports star. No crime if I'm still alive to replace you and nobody is looking for a body that is alive and well on TV.

Simples.
edit on 15/6/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

i'll go with choice #3: anybody* who's assuming this is a "real" scenario without checking H-sap's posts
and discovering [s]he only posts Hypotheticals.
Obsessive Debunking Disorder?
ROFL

Be that as it may...

Even under the pretence of a hypothetical, my rhetorical question still stands.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I see what you did there, looked for advice on how to break the law. I've heard conspiracy theories about police that hide on conspiracy theory websites, and go fishing for people who might tell you a way to do things that aren't okay in society. I'd normally pretend to be smart and try to say nothing and carry on, but I smell a rat. Which leads me to believe you could be a writer ripping plot stories off of people who don't know any better, or there is real stinky stuff going on.

In essence what I gather from your questions is that you have a look-alike who needs a fake identity, and you want to exploit your doppelganger! Exploiting others isn't so bright, and it sort of sounds like human trafficking. That's not healthy. Immigration isn't so great for the doppelganger; I hope you're speaking from a fantasy land and not reality with this seeking.

Look I'm so sorry that the time travelers at L3 sent that guy in from another universe. He's just going to have to make a deal with the DoD to get through the guilt trip to soon follow.

top topics

join