It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple yet complicated thought on human nature.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hi all!

I really hope this is the right forum to be posting this in! All though I have been on ATS a while now I am still classed as a noobie!
. Mods please feel free to move

I like to think about things and generally ask questions about why our nature as humans is the way it is. And I just wanted to give you guys some food for thought, whether or not it suits your appetite is fine, but I would like to open some descent discussion on this.

So what is my thought on human nature? And why is it simple yet complicated?... I shall explain.

We as a race are extremely advanced against anything else on this planet. We have built societies, huge buildings, massive infrastructures, wireless communications and we have even learnt to leave this planet! Albeit not that far just yet. And this is all amazing stuff!! However, looking at it, things like the economy, weapons, war, democracies, dictatorships and what not, what actual benefit do they have to us as a race?

Yes, they give us a civilised lifestyle. Yes, they prove our intelligence and advancement of a life-form. Yes, they set us above anything else on the planet. But, humans as a collective, are we really happy?

Of course many of the advancements we have make our lives extremely happy and privileged. But I am talking about the race as a whole, not individuals as such.

Let's think about it. And I will use the economy as an example, because no matter what way you look at it, the economy is the root of most problems we have.

The economy is not a natural law. We do not need an economy to exist. We could have everything we have now, without an economy. See how this gets complicated? You might be saying, but without my $300,000's how am I meant to have my super car? Well, if we were to have the same life we have now, but without an economy and you wanted a super car. You just have one. No fuss. No debt. Just go and have a super car.

The economy is just a burden we have put on ourselves. Yes the economy defines power on earth. But as a race, why do we need it? Surely we would be a much happier and superior race if we all lived together, anyone could have anything they like and no one would suffer. Yes there would be violence in the world, but that's because it is human nature to fight. But isn't most fighting now days down to people with money and power trying to dictate?

It's all very frustrating. It's an easy thought for me to have, but justifying it and trying to make it materialise is very complicated. I hope people understand what I am saying here. And I wanted to say it because.... Well why not?

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
As a human we have built a lot, made rules and yet we need to pay for everything. There is a simple answer we are not much developed as a human being and we are not far away from the animals where the fittest will survive. We as a race have had competitions right from beginning and we still do. Competiton of the fittest made us what we are and how we survived as a race just like in animal world fittest onces were those who´s genes were reproducted. We have made us what we are by our ancesters choices, all these are built in our genes which we will pass on to next generation and wont even vanish in near future if ever.

And competition goes on.. just a bit different way
edit on 15-6-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
the more humanity advances the more stressed / unhappy people become ... know many in 3rd world countries who are more happy , less stressed than people in so-called 1st world countries ... as for me prefer to stay far from that cesspool westerners consider "civilisation" .. tech wise humanity has made some incredible advancements .. in regard to growing / developing as a species humanity is still very much primitive and barbaric ...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

You are talking about/encouraging "ILLEGAL" freedom.

I don't know who it will be, but it is said "they" will come after you. In the best case, 'they' is God.

You're SAVED! *claps*

top topics

join