It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Rand Paul's NSA lawsuit already over 250k Americans in two days, aims for 10MM

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Of course! It is no surprise that a PAUL is actually doing his job as an elected official and taking his "oath of office" seriously as he protects the Constitution.

While elected officials like Senators Diane Feinstein, John McCain, Lindsey Graham and others are busy calling Snowden a traitor and PROTECTING the NSA's highly illegal actions...

Rand Paul held a press conference yesterday with fellow concerned congressmen and civil liberties groups to let the American people know that there will be recourse for the actions that the US Government has taken to violate their FOURTH Amendment rights. He is also not afraid to take this straight to the Supreme Court if he has to.

Quoted from his facebook page:

We’re going to sue over the constitutionality of the FISA court order.

Left to right - Rep. Mark Sanford, Matt Kibbe (FreedomWorks CEO), Marc Rotenburg (EPIC), Rep. Louie Gohmert (behind Mulvaney), Rep. Mick Mulvaney, Laura Murphy (ACLU Director), Bruce Fein (constitutional lawyer), Sen. Rand Paul, Rep. Thomas Massie, Rep. Justin Amash

A lot of you may actually know Bruce Fein, he is a Constitutional lawyer that has been in the spotlight a few times helping people out in their civil liberties/rights cases.

The 3 Muskateers (elected officials off the back of the Ron Paul Revolution).
Rand Paul, Thomas Massie, & Justin Amash

[SNIP--REMOVED LINK TO SOLICITATION AND RECRUITMENT]

Not only is Rand Paul seeking justice at the court level but at the legislative level as well. He recently introduced a bill called the Fourth Amendment Restoration Act.

What it essentially says:

The Fourth Amendment to the Constitution shall not be construed to allow any agency of the United
States Government to search the phone records of Americans without a warrant based on probable
cause.

The text of the actual bill can be found here:
www.paul.senate.gov...

edit on 14-6-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/14/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --DO NOT post links to activism and soliciation. DO NOT edit staff actions.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It looks to me like rand is trying to score points with the voters now. Are they trying to set up rand to be some kind of presidential hero that's all for the people in order to get the votes? I hope his suit goes well, i wouldn't mind voting for someone who has done something for me before he gets into office.

Im just glad someone is looking out for us.

edit on 14-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The mere fact that bills must be initiated for restoration of the supreme law of the land is quite telling.

If they don't adhere to the supreme law, does anyone think they'll adhere to this or any other law that doesn't suit them?

The Bill of Rights was improperly named from its inception. It should have been named the Bill of Restraints since our rights are inalienable. They are NOT granted. The amendments were put in place as specific restraints by those who had the foresight to see what we are dealing with today.

This government has not and will never grant me a right. It will only do all it can to take them away...by the only means it knows to do so - FORCE.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

well put together topic.

i think these guys are all shills
i think we are seeing the beginnings of a controlled dismantling of the control structure

the gfc, all the destabilization across the world right now etc, i think this is all the beginnings of our new world order

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If they go at a persistent rate, then he'll get his 10MM in about eighty days!!

I personally don't think he'll get it to be honest, so that'll be the end of that. I'm not saying Rand's intentions aren't genuine, just feel the support isn't out there for him currently.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

ATS does not allow links to petitions, or other places that ask for donations or solicit our membership for any reason, what so ever.

ATS & Activism

Please review that thread for a better understanding.

Links to petitions and solicitations will be removed and the members warned.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
If they go at a persistent rate, then he'll get his 10MM in about eighty days!!

I personally don't think he'll get it to be honest, so that'll be the end of that. I'm not saying Rand's intentions aren't genuine, just feel the support isn't out there for him currently.

Not quite sure you get it, its not about support for Rand Paul, it is about support for privacy. People from the left and the middle hopped over on the RANDwagon when he filibustered Obama's drone policy. You would hear Obama supporters saying, "I think Rand Paul is a nutjob but he is completely right about this drone debate". This left/right mentality will be the end of us, or maybe it already has.

Whether he'll get to 10 million or not I don't think is the huge deal, he is currently in talks with major tech companies that were forced to turn over private information to join in with him and bring their users along. Verizon, ATT, Google, Facebook, etc...

To diisenchanted, I think the mods pulled the link because we're not allowed to post that stuff, I think you can just google it though if you really wanted to sign it.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
That would be an awesome message if he does get them 10MM....
I think 250K in two days is okay...but I've seen vidoes go viral and reach over a million hits in that amout of time...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Don't you think an exception could be made just this once for extenuating circumstances? Can you check with the higher powers and ask? This isn't some willy nilly cause. This concerns our 4th amenment rights and the demise of the US that was created by our fore fathers. Please?

Anyways, does anyone know if there is a link where they are keeping count of the number of claimants?

By the way, here is Rand Pauls FaceBook page. You can find any info you seek yourself here.

Senator Rand Paul On faceBook
edit on 15-6-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I was really hoping to sign up with this but because I don't have a us address despite being a us citizen I don't seem to be able to

anyway remember when a video goes viral the whole world can watch where as this is only signable by Americans living in America.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
short and sweeeeet - perf!
I'm signing.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
All this crap involving the Oblama.corp
and yet he is STILL in office,.

Good luck America on winning this lawsuit,.
remember, Oblamacare is still in affect, no one won that battle either

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Rand and Ron Paul camp are nothing but scam artist capitalizing and hijacking the liberty movement to keep control over the restless Americans.

Ron Paul could have won if he wanted to. He sabotaged his own campaign. He was never in it to win. Do your own research. Look who funds Ron and Rand....

www.buzzfeed.com...

The bilderbergers bought the liberty movement.

Best way to control an opposition is to lead it ourselves. - Lenin

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Here is a Handful of guys that are Battling a Giant. The Scary part is the fact that the Battle is taking place. This means the majority of our government have broken their Oaths. The majority have turned on us & violated the Law, they are fighting against the Few trying to uphold it. This whole Picture is Wrong. I can't believe I am witnessing this. Obama & his administration have turned our way of governing upside down. Everyone he has appointed has been a Strategic Cancer to fight against who he is sworn to protect. Believing this guy is anything but a Radical who is Bent on destruction should be a Conspiracy Theorist. You would have to stretch the Facts so far to make it look like he isn't. Hands Down.. The worst NightMare a country like ours could ever face.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Rand Paul is a traitor who would bomb americans inside the US.
he also backstabbed his own father when he needed him the most.

If it has Rand Paul involved I turn the channel or click the back button.

so long

ALSO! don't be too quick to put your name on any list that Rand Paul is compiling...you have been warned.

edit on 15-6-2013 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Seems to me Rand Paul has common sense .... its about time some congressman or woman understood cause and affect before submitting a bill.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

hey, Thunderheart...ya just got to give us a link to what you put forward...I'm curious

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY

hey, Thunderheart...ya just got to give us a link to what you put forward...I'm curious
I am sure he can pm that link to you if you can't find it on google.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Nice threat, BS though. If he "back-stabbed" his father, why is his father still supporting him? Some critical thinking is lacking here from these Obamabots attempting to discredit those who threaten their agenda.

Editing to add that I'm annoyed by the attempts to high jack this thread.

edit on 15-6-2013 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join