It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only one telecom CEO denied the NSA and he's in jail.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Only One Big Telecom CEO Refused To Cave To The NSA ... And He's Been In Jail For 4 Years.

Former Qwest CEO Joseph Nacchio is currently serving a six-year sentence after being convicted of insider trading in April 2007 for selling $52 million of stock in the spring of 2001 as the telecommunications carrier appeared to be deteriorating.

During the trial his defense team argued that Nacchio, 63, believed Qwest was about to win secret government contracts that would keep it in the black.

Nacchio alleged that the government stopped offering the company lucrative contracts after Qwest refused to cooperate with a National Security Agency surveillance program in February 2001.

Not only did they get him for "insider trading", the government also stopped doing business with Qwest.

Coincidence?

Not sure what they mean by "secret government contracts". Nor did his defense team elaborate during the trial.

Apparently, Qwest told the NSA to get a court order but the NSA didnt wan to approach a court. Why? Because "FISA might not agree with them"...

Thats the definition of criminal behavior.

edit on 13-6-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Don't we just have the best Govt. and justice system in this country?
This begs the question of how many other people are languishing in prison for not going along with the program.

He may not be innocent, but this does appear that a lot of cases may need to be reviewed. Hmmm, but then who would do the reviewing?

I don't know, I have no faith or confidence in any part of our government.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Wow they were trying for this before 9/11. So what was their reasoning for this in 2/01? Clearly didn't help thwart "terrorist" activity. Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is how they make corporations with ethics do their bidding.
They will bankrupt you if they really want you out but you may have something useful for them -
like a telecommunications network.
Other CEO's are sitting pretty while the only one with scruples sits in prison..
Vulgar abuse of power much?
He deserves our gratitude for taking a stand in our favor.

You cannot compete against the government on any level except for public sympathy.
The deck is stacked tall against you on that as well.
It's gotten to the point where anyone the media shows sympathy towards I automatically distrust.

edit on 13-6-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Highly doubt it's mere coincidence. There are a few books on the matter. Including where even judges were prosecuted for/by inane laws when they refused certain agencies.

Search for books on DOJ corruption if you are interested in the matter. It goes quite deep. And it gets rather disturbing...

Essentially, there are thousands of regulations and laws on the books, just about anyone and I do mean anyone could be prosecuted and jailed if theres motivation to put those people away, get at them for vindictive reasons, or silence them.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Just check out the latest newspaper article in Arizona. We just got awarded some ludicrious amount of money to build another prison.

So what does this tell you. Oh, and by the way...they call them beds.

Originally posted by watchitburn

Don't we just have the best Govt. and justice system in this country?
This begs the question of how many other people are languishing in prison for not going along with the program.

He may not be innocent, but this does appear that a lot of cases may need to be reviewed. Hmmm, but then who would do the reviewing?

I don't know, I have no faith or confidence in any part of our government.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Nacchio refused to play ball and they nailed him.I wonder how the people who supported the NSA in that recent poll think now? I know! They will simply assume that he supports terrorism.

top topics

join