It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Waters (D) Reveals Obama's "Big Brother" Data Base

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Looks like another confirmation as to what may be going on behind closed doors at the White House.
Transparency remember?

Earlier this year, in an interview with TV One, Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) praised President Barack Obama for putting together a campaign database that “will have information about everything on every individual.”

And that database will have information about everything on every individual in ways that it’s never been done before,” Waters told “Washington Watch” host Roland, referring to Obama’s “Organizing for America,” which was changed from a campaign organization to a 501(c)(4) called Organizing for Action.

Martin had asked her about Obama’s agenda in his last term.

“The president has put in place an organization that contains a kind of database that no one has ever seen before in life,” she added. “That’s going to be very, very powerful.”

Video of the interview from earlier this year:

Martin asked if Waters if she was referring to “Organizing for America.”

“That’s right, that’s right,” Waters said. “And that database will have information about everything on every individual in ways that it’s never been done before.”

Waters said the database would also serve future Democratic candidates seeking the presidency.

“He’s been very smart,” Waters said of Obama. “I mean it’s very powerful what he’s leaving in place.”

Rep. Waters: Obama Campaign Database Has Information on ‘Every Individual’

Why am I not surprised.

With all the hoopla lately with the NSA, I figured it would fit in, another piece of the puzzle that fits nicely into place
Did a quick search on this interview and was surprised to see no hits for ATS. Or at least, none showed up for me.

Don't you know Obama did a face-palm when she made those comments?

Looks a though our 'privacy rights' exist no longer, or are slipping away at a rapid pace.

edit on 13-6-2013 by snarky412 because: fix video link

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Now we know the real name for ' Organizing for Americans ' .

National Security Agency.
edit on 13-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The NSA Data: Where Does It Go?

The NSA is currently finishing construction on its Utah Data Center in Bluffdale, Utah.

The NSA is currently finishing construction on its Utah Data Center, a new $1.2 billion storage facility near Salt Lake City. When it's finished, the data center will be able to hold and process five zettabytes of data, according to NPR.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
People forgot about his campaign database.

Americans are nothing but voters to keep them in power, and they get to do whatever they want.

It is simply amazing how 'spying' was bad under the last administration, and it's totally acceptable now.

American politics the most hypocritical game in the world.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No kidding, I don't get it. I remember when I was in high school, I told all of the Republicans in my class that The Patriot Act was not just going to be used by Republicans, but they apparently couldn't think far enough ahead.
edit on 13-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If you remember, then Senator Obama voted 'NO' in 2005 against the Patriot Act.

And then in 2011, President Obama signed a bill that reauthorized key elements of the Patriot Act.

And now we find this administration in yet another scandal..... this time involving the NSA.

Welcome to the 'Bush-Obama' administration, the era for digital spying.
Take a pick.......drones or internet or cell phone, etc.........

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Sorry to disagree, but it's the same all over the (western) world. Hypocrisy, double-standards, double-speak, back-stabbing, back-tracking, lying, pocket-lining scumbags. Well, I can only speak for Holland and my native UK but assume/presume it's the same everywhere. It's tough all over...

ETA I read not too long ago the the US intel services asks the UK intel services to help them spy on US citizens and the UK asks the US to spy on UK citizens. This way they circumvent their own laws. Nice one huh?
edit on 13/6/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I would just like to say, that IF the data were being put to use as the gov. claims, helping protect our country against terrorists , then I doubt many people would mind.

--HOWEVER--

That being said, this administration has clearly shown over and over how they abuse their power.
To use the data against another political opponent IS NOT what it was intended for.
Whether it's the IRS or the NSA or the DOJ, which ever alphabet agency you like, they have been caught red handed using their position and knowledge against people in organizations that they don't care for.

So, in the future, how will the data collected be used??
For political purposes most likely.

"Oh, but it won't be used against Americans"
[cough-cough]

How Obama can say that with a straight face is beyond me.....

edit on 13-6-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
ETA I read not too long ago the the US intel services asks the UK intel services to help them spy on US citizens and the UK asks the US to spy on UK citizens. This way they circumvent their own laws. Nice one huh?

Even so, a (just) court wouldn't allow that excuse.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Isn't it convenient that everyone can point the finger at a single man and say he's the bad guy. Especially when this man has nothing to do with IT from day to day. Granted this is happening under his administration's watch, but then again it was under the previous one as well. Whatever you do, pay no attention to the man (or men) behind the curtain.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Having followed what all is going on and this database, and being fond of history the following can be stated:

While Ms. Walters may think that this is a good idea or even that it is smart, it is too reminescent of people of the past. This is not the first time such a database existed, nor will it be the last one. However, what she fails to realize, is that it is enough to get the people up in arms about such.

The first man who did such, was J. Edgar Hoover, director of the FBI. He created, without computers, a database of people, knowing all of their secrets, and where the skeletons were in their closet. He used that information as a weapon to get what he wanted, and to protect himself from prosecution by those who could take him down.

But she also forgot the other man who got and kept information on people, including his enemies, and that was President Richard M. Nixon, who used it for his purposes. Both men, ultimately ended up leaving office, and the fall out from such, rocked both organizations for a few years.

Obama, is not so slick, and ultimately this is going to cause problems in the long run for the White House for years to come along with the NSA. And the next President is going to have to deal with this, as the people are getting more and more irate with the current president.

He needs to deal with this issue immediately, showing that he made a mistake, lest that come this next election cycle, the public believes otherwise. More and more details are coming out about who they are watching, and leads to more and more questions.

The biggest question that every one should be asking, is why does the federal government, sworn to govern and follow the laws, why do they not trust the very people they are governing?
Is the federal government so afraid of what we may do, that this is the only solution that they can come up with? Or are they using it to prop up say the us postal service?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I facepalm hard anytime someone on ATS says "Hurr, if this was for its intended use and not used corruptly.."etc. etc.

Why are you in denial?

Its intended use was never to fight terrorism. Terrorism has been a false front from the beginning. We are seeing a very carefully orchestrated plan to counter the coming fall of our economy and anyone who fails to see this is being shepherded right along to the coming camps.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

The biggest question that every one should be asking, is why does the federal government, sworn to govern and follow the laws, why do they not trust the very people they are governing? Is the federal government so afraid of what we may do, that this is the only solution that they can come up with? Or are they using it to prop up say the us postal service?

Funny you should ask this question, as another poster created this thread titled:

When did Americans become the enemy in our own country?

Good question....very good question indeed.

If a person is one of the following, you're a threat:

-Republican/Conservative
-Christian
-Patriotic
-Gun Owner
-NRA Member
-Anti-Government

Well, you get the picture....
That's part of what they are keeping tabs on.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Well then I guess that I, like most of the citizens of the country are a threat, as I do not trust the federal government, finding them to be nothing more than overpaid crooks who should all be in office for one term and then forced to live by the very laws and policies that they passed while in office.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

S&F for an excellent topic.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Americans are nothing but voters to keep them in power, and they get to do whatever they want.

It is simply amazing how 'spying' was bad under the last administration, and it's totally acceptable now.

Are you naive or what? It's only good when your team does it! The idiot sheep just forget that their team won't always be in control. Seriously the apologists disgust me.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
I would just like to say, that IF the data were being put to use as the gov. claims, helping protect our country against terrorists , then I doubt many people would mind.

--HOWEVER--

That being said, this administration has clearly shown over and over how they abuse their power.
To use the data against another political opponent IS NOT what it was intended for.
Whether it's the IRS or the NSA or the DOJ, which ever alphabet agency you like, they have been caught red handed using their position and knowledge against people in organizations that they don't care for.

So, in the future, how will the data collected be used??
For political purposes most likely.

"Oh, but it won't be used against Americans"

Has it occurred to others here that maybe the NSA knew what the Boston Bombers were planning and ALLOWED it to happen because it furthered the agenda of TPTB?

TPTB want total control over the masses. They want our guns, they want us stripped of our rights, and what little power we have. Allowing terrorists acts to happen justifies their (government) growing power.

I really believe that we are ruled by Elites that planned decades ago just how to herd us.

I've wondered if the propagation of extremely violent video games (that started in the 80's) was a way to brainwash the young into becoming killers. There seems to be a sudden explosion of gun violence where mass shootings have become more and more commonplace. Could this be part of a plan to create an excuse to take away our guns?

I don't think that's so far-fetched.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by VisualQuanta
I facepalm hard anytime someone on ATS says "Hurr, if this was for its intended use and not used corruptly.."etc. etc.

Why are you in denial?

Its intended use was never to fight terrorism. Terrorism has been a false front from the beginning. We are seeing a very carefully orchestrated plan to counter the coming fall of our economy and anyone who fails to see this is being shepherded right along to the coming camps.

Terrorism may have started as a false flag attack, but we have made so many enemies from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (and other Islamic countries), that now the terrorists are probably real. We are hated.

As for this NSA surveillance, it doesn't surprise me. We have been data-mined & tracked for a while now. It will only get worse. The tools for surveillance will become increasingly sophisticated, discreet, and invasive.

I agree with you that we are being herded towards something bad.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Amen sir, amen.

Until all ideologies are tossed aside, and only facts are discussed objectively, we will all be enslaved by the beast the controls both parties that have destroyed our country.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Are you naive or what? It's only good when your team does it! The idiot sheep just forget that their team won't always be in control. Seriously the apologists disgust me.

Naive about WHAT?

How the current administration gets away with whatever the hell it wants to do?

Think someone misread that comment.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join