It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help National Geographic Expedition find ancient Mongolian sites

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

This is an interesting way for Nat Geo to identify things to investigate. Thanks for the link! I just wish we could zoom in, we could probably see more things.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Does it provide you with the coordinates when you mark an area or are you able to type in coordinates? Because it would seem to me that it would be much easier to just search with Google Earth?

Just a thought. I am sure National Geographic wants people to be logging hours on their own website though I suppose. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
Does it provide you with the coordinates when you mark an area or are you able to type in coordinates? Because it would seem to me that it would be much easier to just search with Google Earth?

Just a thought. I am sure National Geographic wants people to be logging hours on their own website though I suppose. ~$heopleNation

For that general region - Google Earth's "pics" are too low resolution to be of any assistance.
Byrd (or others) may be able to answer what options/opportunities are available past "Trainee" stage...as I grew tired of the strain on my temples, and have not finished "the training" yet.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I checked and you're correct,. Well, depending on the size of whatever object. One thing that I did notice is how green Mongolia is. I always assumed it was mostly just a dry desert. I even seen a few beautiful photos of waterfalls. Learn something new every day. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 1   >>

join