It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no diversity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This has been on my mind for awhile, figured I'd make a thread and see what others think.I dont nescessarily believe in all of the alien types I read about, but for the purpose of this dicussion, lets assume its true.

I've read about all these different alien races, what they look like, etc. And I see no diversity among any of them. They always mention one race from a particular planet, and it makes no sense to me because we have such a diversity of life here on Earth. For instance, why do all the nordics look the same? How can they have no diversity on their planet? I find it hard to believe that their whole planet came to be a blonde hair blue eyed race through natural means.

Which brings me to my next dishearting thought, if they intentionally choose to be blonde hair blue eyed, it just seems so primitive that they would value those traits so much. Like its superior to all other races, or something. And of course im not just talking about the nordics, but all of the other races, they all seem to have only one race on their planet.

My summary: I dont find it likely that they all came to look the same through natural means, so I am assuming it was intentional. To me, for civilizations this advanced, it seems too primitive and Nazi-like that they would intetionally choose certain traits to represent a whole planet. It also seems like a very boring civilization, where everyone looks the same. I dont see why a civilization so advanced couldnt look past physical traits to cooperate and live togehter, or even why the same look is desirable. I can only conclude that either these races are the pure fictional works of man, or they intentionally choose to look the same. Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
I find it hard to believe that their whole planet came to be a blonde hair blue eyed race through natural means.

Maybe that is the point? Its not natural I mean.

If you wanted to send a ton of people through space, very likely to die one way or another (or stay away a very long time), why not make clones?
Who knows, maybe they couldnt freeze themselves, and came up with the bright idea to make the crew en route (for example, a ship travelling 1000 years, start making its crew after 980 years)?

Also I think it is hard for us to notice diversity in other species. For example, all elephants look a like to me. Big trunk, big ears, big feet, and a nasty habit of getting muddy

[edit on 7-11-2004 by merka]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Maybe that is the point? Its not natural I mean.

Precisely, which is why I dont understand why its intentional.

Also I think it is hard for us to notice diversity in other species. For example, all elephants look a like to me. Big trunk, big ears, big feet, and a nasty habit of getting muddy

You do notice diversity among humans, dont you?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Cmon, someone else has to have some thoughts on it..

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Ok, let's first assume that these visitors are actually beings from another planet.......... Imagine if our planet advanced technologically with different nations rising to fore in the space race. What's to say that if the first visitors from Earth to travel to another galaxy are Oriental for example, they would no doubt appear to have the same basic traits....Black Hair, Almond Shaped Eyes, Skin Colour. Also, they would not be the only 'race' from Earth, just the only one to have travelled so far. Once you become familiar with individuals in the group, the differences become blatantly obvious, but at first you just notice the basic, generic 'look'. The same could be the case with our Nordics/Greys. They may not be the only races on their planets, just the only ones to have visited us. They look the same to us because were not too familiar with hanging out with a crowd of them.

Of course, the clone idea also fits perfectly to the 'all looking the same' argument, but maybe they all share the same parent. There's nothing to say that they are not all siblings. Their race may give birth to hundreds at a time, similar to frogs/fish for example.

There is also the definite possibility that this is only going on in the minds of the deranged.

new topics

top topics

join