It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troops 'targeted by NSA for anti-Obama views'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well if it is from the WND, then it must be true..

Like I have been saying..no facts needed..no research needed...a right wing site says something (Shepard) and the righty's follow (sheep).

Good ol' manipulation at work...guess that thread was factual...Read it..it's on here somewhere..."are conservatives easier to manipulate?" . It talks about this...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by xuenchen

Before you start jumping the gun, people in the military technically don't have freedom of speech. The president is your commander in chief and you aren't allowed to talk bad about him. This is all under UCMJ law.

That's not quite true. In the military you must obey lawful orders. Not being allowed to talk bad about a superior is NOT a lawful order.

I've talked to military commanders and in a private setting they have no fear in saying they do not like Obama, that he is a poor Commander in Chief, among other things.

Petraeus went down because he was not loyal to Obama, the affair was just the reason to fire him. No doubt he was being spied on.

A private setting is way different from facebook. You have to respect rank in public.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Did the article not say troops/veterans returning from Afghanistan?

Why yes it did which doesn't mean they are still in the service given the fact the FBI,secret Service, and locals 'arrested' the guy it is a CIVIL matter.

Meaning UMCJ does not apply that also means he does have his 1st amendment rights,

edit on 12-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Without a warrant or recitation of his Miranda rights, Raub was handcuffed and taken into custody. After a quick hearing, government officials confirmed that Raub’s Facebook posts necessitated his detention, refusing to acknowledge legal objections that the words were wrongly interpreted. The former Marine will undergo 30 days of evaluation at Salem VA Medical Center. Read more: communities.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter

Former Marine.
edit on 12-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

The former Marine was arrested for what he posted.

"Sharpen my axe; I'm here to sever heads."

And he wasn't charged with any crime.

Police – acting under a state law that allows emergency, temporary psychiatric commitments upon the recommendation of a mental health professional – took Raub to the John Randolph Medical Center in Hopewell. He was not charged with any crime.

Brandon J. Raub, Former Marine, Detained After Anti-Government Facebook Postings

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Not being allowed to talk bad about a superior is NOT a lawful order.

Military members are not allowed to talk disrespectfully about the Commander in Chief, I believe it's in the UCMJ.

That being said, it wasn't able to always follow that when I was in under Bush.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join