It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 261
<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by firemonkey
It's a bit disturbing all the racism in this thread as well.

Yes it is.

People labeling anyone who supports GZ's version to be no less than white supremacy,
People justifying the use of Crazy ass cracka,
People justifying the need to riot if GZ walks,
People calling other racists while taking into account nothing other than the skin color of GZ and TM.

Yes it is, absolutely shameful.
I can't get myself to comprehend how people like you actually speak about racism while ignoring all of this. Are you seriously that blind?

link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I really don't think it was necessary; he should have minded his own business and not followed Trayvon in the first place.

Here a clip of people minding their own business.

And there are many out there like that.

Sometimes you have to get into other people’s business, especially when they are not from your neighborhood, which has been robbed repeatedly.

That is one of the reason neighborhood watches exist.

link   

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
If AT'S had been around when the Rodney King incident took place, I'm sure this current crop of ATS posters would be screaming to the top of their lungs that the cops acted in self defence and were well within their right to beat the poor man senseless. lol

Yes I do find "creepy ass cracker" racist.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
If AT'S had been around when the Rodney King incident took place, I'm sure this current crop of ATS posters would be screaming to the top of their lungs that the cops acted in self defence and were well within their right to beat the poor man senseless. lol

I don't know how many times I've heard people talk about "them" when referring to African Americans, or people claiming Trayvon was a thug so deserved to be killed, or countless other subtle racist comments.

It's almost with glee that some of these people are talking about how happy they will be if Zimmerman gets away with killing this "thug".

A "thug" is anyone who has a propensity for ignoring laws and values of a civilized culture and is prone to violent outbursts. It by no means denotates race on any level. The first beople ever called "thugs" were very white.

People who are for the defenses side do not believe that it is a rejoicable type situation, they will however be given a new faith in the justice system. Violent assault is wrong. It is sad that and entire generation has an idea that fist fighting problems out is ok, it is not. Those who do not have the desire to duke it out nor the skills still have a right to defend themselves.

Solution.... Do not be violent towards some one unless you are willing to die while being violent.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by InstantRemedy

Yes it is.

People labeling anyone who supports GZ's version to be no less than white supremacy,
People justifying the use of Crazy ass cracka,
People justifying the need to riot if GZ walks,
People calling other racists while taking into account nothing other than the skin color of GZ and TM.

Yes it is, absolutely shameful.
I can't get myself to comprehend how people like you actually speak about racism while ignoring all of this. Are you seriously that blind?

You know how the saying goes - he that smelt it dealt it.

link   

link   
Delete
edit on 12-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by freedom12

CNN videos on YouTube and CNN on your idiot box in your living room are the same thing Ma'am. IMO they have proved nothing other than they are willing to base a case off of the pulling of heart strings instead of facts.

MOTF!

Emotions are a very powerful tool, which is why the lawyers are using them.

I used to be in sales and very good at it. The best salespeople, try to appeal to your emotions.
The 2 biggest are "greed" and "fear". All top salespeople know this.
So do the lawyers in this case, which is why they are doing it.

If this case was "cut and dry" about "facts", it would've never reached trial and been pleaded out or dropped.

Hence, here we are.

YT feeds I watched were from courtroom, not CNN.

link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
(Comment edited, was said that people are defending GZ because they are defending their right to use their weapons[?])

That's the same as accusing people of being racist because they support GZ. How about this - I support GZ and I'm not even in a place where carrying/concealed carrying a firearm is allowed.

This whole labeling everyone on the basis of generalizing assumptions must end. Atleast your's was far less dirty than everyone else's, I give you that.
edit on 12-7-2013 by InstantRemedy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
TM: yadda yadda yadda, "crazy a$$ cracker", yadda yadda yadda
GM: yadda yadda yadda, "F'in punks", yadda yadda yadda

Neither of these guys are above reproach in their attitudes as displayed by their verifiable references to each other.

Two "wanna be tough guys" walk into a bar. One walks out. Both's lives are ruined.

Woudln't it have been something if the encounter went like this:

"Excuse me sir? We've had some break ins around here, I'm the neighborhood watch guy and I just want to make sure everything's ok."

"Oh, Hi, sorry if I startled you sir, I'm visiting my dad's girlfriend up the street. I'll probably be here off and on, but if I see anything suspicious looking, I'll let you know....your name is???...."

Manners, I tell ya', I've said it before and I'll say it again. That's the problem with the world as I see it, not nearly enough good manners being taught or practiced.

Was heading into a store the other day as an old woman was picking up her bag and heading out, so I immediately reversed my momentum and held the door for her. Honest to God, she looked me in the eye with a startled expression and said these exact words "WOW! You sure don't see THAT much these days!"

I learned good manners from my mother, who was rather insistent about them.

Both these guys (and their mothers) deserve what they get, IMHO

edit on 12-7-2013 by tjack because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2013 by tjack because: (no reason given)

link   

link   
Alright. Keep to the topic people. Personal attacks and off topic posts will be removed and posting bans will follow.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

ATTENTION~~~~~~~

Bickering is not a part of civil debate.
Keep it civil. Keep it on topic.
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Failure to do that will result in Posting Bans.

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
guesses... how long do you think it will be before the jury reaches a verdict?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

If this case was "cut and dry" about "facts", it would've never reached trial and been pleaded out or dropped.

It was an non trial until the media used emotion to get a charge and a trial.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989
guesses... how long do you think it will be before the jury reaches a verdict?

My guess is that we will know something on Monday.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

Truer words have never been spoken. Don't want those pesky facts getting in the way.

My guess is GZ would still be a free man just like he was the day after the whole thing happened.

MOTF!
edit on 12-7-2013 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join