It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concourse at Atlanta airport evacuated after explosion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Just saw this tweet pop up saying there has been an explosion at the at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport concourse D

this is just breaking so not much info yet
www.cbsatlanta.com...

Concourse D at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport was evacuated after an explosion Tuesday morning.

The explosion happened in a maintenance shed.

There was no smoke or fire.

The power is out in the concourse.

Eta looking for info this just popped up
Two bomb threats reported near Georgia state Capitol

www.ajc.com...

State law enforcement officials are investigating a pair of bomb threats near the Georgia Capitol.

State employees in the Judicial Building, home to the attorney general and state Supreme Court, as well as the Health building have been evacuated

edit on 11-6-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Maintenance shed? I'm calling it industrial accident.

Probably coincidence that there were threats too. Excitable people get all worked up when something like that happens and I'm thinking the police will be tracking down the hoaxer right now.

Of course, I could be wrong, but that's just my gut feeling

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Probably also a coincidence, but the Richmond International Airport was also evacuated earlier this morning after a phone threat was received there.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
What perfect timing for bomb threats and explosions.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Update: Atlanta fire department confirms there was an explosion in shed at airport; no injuries, smoke or fire reported - @Reuters

How do you have an explosion with no smoke or fire?
at least no one is hurt

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
reply to post by goou111

Update: Atlanta fire department confirms there was an explosion in shed at airport; no injuries, smoke or fire reported - @Reuters

How do you have an explosion with no smoke or fire?
at least no one is hurt

Over inflate a tire sometime, though I wouldn't recommend it without a cage.

They're loud and can kill you as well.
edit on 11-6-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just because

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

How do you have an explosion with no smoke or fire? at least no one is hurt
reply to post by goou111

Maybe an air compressor?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
What perfect timing for bomb threats and explosions.

Except that it's not exactly national news, is it! You'd need a hell of a lot more than a couple of bomb threats (of which there are potentially hundreds across the USA every week) and an exploding shed to distract the worlds media from a scandal involving a global spying system watching millions of innocent people.

If this is supposed to be a distraction, Obama needs to try a hell of a lot harder!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Haltsfield is one of the major hubs for the entire U.S. Air Traffic system. I'd call it HUGE news if you are flying today and have anything even remotely related to Delta involved.

In terms of distraction? lol... Yeah, I agree with you there. Explosions in maintenance sheds are just top of the list for most valued terrorist attacks. Indeed.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Great. I am flying Delta later this afternoon out of ATL.
Hopefully any delays will be minimal.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Any solid sources on what has caused this or is it looking like a lot of noise but not much else, sounds so far bit like my neighbors sex life, the noise is disturbing, but i don't think much is happening.

EDIT.

yup just like i thought, big noise no action.

Atlanta airport evacuated after explosion in maintenance shed
edit on 11-6-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If the power is out, then it's either a bomb to kill the power, or an electrical malfunction, or something residual that damaged the power controls.

Okay, I see now it was electrical, concourse is reopened, some power still out.
edit on 11-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The PTB with the Media in tow....sure do know how to whip us into fear based submission....
Ill bet the avalanche of newsworthy" stuff like this will get bigger.....
The whole terror schitz is getting out of hand.....
Ill bet they waste more dollars on these phoney alerts and evacuations etc than they spend on constructive programs eventually.....all this hype is leading up to something you wont like.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Dry ice, a bit of warm water, and a tightly closed plastic beverage bottle? More boom than anything else, but enough to get people freaked out. And who's going to suspect some plastic bottle pieces amongst other trash in a garbage can?

I'd suspect some bored mechanic doing a "Hey guys, watch this!" after watching a few vids on YouTube and not realizing just how loud those can be. And considering the other situation, everyone's now freaked out.

new topics

top topics

join