It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Man shot, killed after breaking into home

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
Don't blame a gun though. Our world would be boring beyond words if we banned everything that makes killing easier.

I don't blame the guns, I'm not that stupid, but guns are made with only one purpose, to kill. Scissors, cars, etc. are not.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by StoutBroux
Come on man, this is justified, I would do the same if I were in his shoes, would you NOT?

I don't know, I never assume that I know what I would do in an unknown situation.

As for justification, I will comment when we have more information about it.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
These men forced their way into another mans home. Why is that okay?

Who said it was OK?

For me anyone entering my home by force had better give me reason within seconds why they should not be killed.

Nobody should be killed.

I do not care if they are armed or not. I am not taking the chances in waiting to ask them.

Shoot first, ask later? That doesn't work for me, I would prefer to be killed than living the rest of my life knowing that I had killed a man for the wrong reason.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

It seems pointless to argue.

It sure does, so I stop posting on this thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

These men forced their way into another mans home. Why is that okay?

Who said it was OK?

For me anyone entering my home by force had better give me reason within seconds why they should not be killed.

Nobody should be killed.

I do not care if they are armed or not. I am not taking the chances in waiting to ask them.

Shoot first, ask later? That doesn't work for me, I would prefer to be killed than living the rest of my life knowing that I had killed a man for the wrong reason.

Shrug. OTOH, I'd rather someone else die than my kids.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

If they are forcing their way in to my home there is no reason to question their reasons. I feel threatened when people force their way into my private area.

The difference in this situation is you would be dead and my family and I would be alive. I can live with knowing I protected my family.

Edit to add: What reason do they have to be entering the home of this guy by force? The woman and child were there willingly or the police would have discovered otherwise. Even if the woman left her husband to live with this man it is no reason for the guy along with someone else to kick in his door. Doing so implies they have darker intentions for at least one occupant of the home. There is no reason to believe they had anything other than bad intentions for those inside the home. Why is it not okay to kill them? They kicked in the guys door. What makes this okay in the way that they are not enough of a threat to end their lives?
By not standing up for this mans rights to protect his home one implies that it is okay for people to force their way into another persons home.

Raist
edit on 6/13/13 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

They are just forcing their way into a home. I am sure they have the best interests of the home owner at heart

They can call me savage, heartless, or what ever but I agree. I would rather kill then live knowing that because I did not kill my family is dead, raped, or wounded and crippled for life. They come into my home they are going to be met with lethal force.

Raist

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join