It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Man shot, killed after breaking into home

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Whoopee..one dead bad guy who failed compared to thousands who succeed..yep us anti gun nutjobs are so wrong about guns..

Wait a minute how many gun deaths are there per year.?

Also you know what is sad...the real nutjobs will tell us gun crime is down, mass shootings are down..and they feel this is somehow a win. The real win..would be to have these incidents rare..not down a few hundred..idiots.
edit on 10-6-2013 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa
However, even if it is a factor (suppose the woman was running from a bad situation, or in a bad situation) it still does not condone the men breaking into the apartment.

No, it does not, but I don't think we should assume any thing, like that the woman was in a bad situation.

Until now, we only have the version of the man that killed the other man.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

UPDATE: When officers arrived, they found a man who didn't live in the apartment dead from what appeared to be at least one gunshot wound. (in respect to copyrights, please read the full story at the link below)

Source Article 2

So, now they say that they cannot identify the man that was killed, but on the first article he was already identified.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Whoopee..one dead bad guy who failed compared to thousands who succeed..yep us anti gun nutjobs are so wrong about guns..

Also you know what is sad...the real nutjobs will tell us gun crime is down, mass shootings are down..and they feel this is somehow a win. The real win..would be to have these incidents rare..not down a few hundred..idiots.

There really is no point arguing against guns, well there is but people really do believe that guns at peaceful and spread love, safety and happiness across the land. If every human is born with a gun I am sure it will be safer than if no one was born with a gun.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by voudon

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

There really is no point arguing against guns, well there is but people really do believe that guns at peaceful and spread love, safety and happiness across the land. If every human is born with a gun I am sure it will be safer than if no one was born with a gun.

Because there was no murder before guns were invented.

All a gun is a tool. Before the advent of guns, the physically weak were victims to the physically strong. Now, those physicaly weak/weaker: old people, women, the infirm, etc. have a more level playing field and have the ability to protect themselves. Evil people will do evil things and good people will do good things--the tool is not what causes good or evil.
edit on 11-6-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by Krakatoa

Look directly above your first post in this thread and read.

Surely, the music, computer, etc... other forums are not conspiracy related are they?

No they aren't because they are not labeled as such, this one is.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)
If you don't think this event is pertinent to the conspiracy to disarm the American population, I suggest you just sit back, have another drink and relax. Though it's not directly related to said conspiracy, I see a need for this kind of information to be disseminated, to help in refuting the 'guns are evil' lobby.

How do you not see that?

Thanks, OP. You get a star and a flag.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Honestly, if they are entering his home without invitation they open themselves up for death. If the woman and child were staying there it might be they felt safe there from who ever might be after them. If these men were after them then indeed they were very safe.

For me the reason why they are there and if they are armed or not is not really as much of a factor as the one of them forcibly entering a home that was not theirs.

Raist

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

This happened in Manchester, England right?

So why did the home owner have a handgun, and why has he not been charged with anything?

I thought firearms were illegal in England?

edit, never mind, it's not England.
edit on 12-6-2013 by Tribunal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribunal

New Hampshire. It was in the U.S.

Raist

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
If the woman and child were staying there it might be they felt safe there from who ever might be after them. If these men were after them then indeed they were very safe.

Or it could be the opposite, we just don't know.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Lets put things into perspective: 2010 death statistics

Heat disease 597,687
Alzheimer's 83,494
Diabetes 69,071
Kidney failure 44,362
Drug induced 40,393
Motor vehicle 35,332
Accidental poisoning 33,041 Don't hear about this!
Falls 26,009 Surprised????
Alcohol induced 25,692
Suicide (not firearm) 18,972
Homicide by Gun 11,078 ********
Intestinal infections 10,276
Homicide (not firearm) 5,181
Drowning 3,782
Nutritional deficiencies 2,948
Surgical complications 2,490

So are guns really a big problem????

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Lets put things into perspective: 2010 death statistics

A source would be good. Is that for a specific age range or not?

So are guns really a big problem????

I suppose most of those 11,078 people killed with a gun would think so.

To me, the problem with guns, it's how easy it makes for someone to kill other person.

Last year I witnessed a murder by shotgun (a woman killed her husband), she killed him from a distance of some 5 or 6 metres and he was dead in less than the 3 minutes it took the paramedics to arrive.

Anything that makes it easier to kill someone else is not a good thing, in my point of view.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The source is from a government PDF. Google deaths by cause.

My point is gun deaths are hyped in the news to a higher level than they deserve.
Homicide by methods other than guns exceed 5000. But there's no calls to ban knives and fists.

Deaths by alcohol far exceed (2x) guns but there's no back ground check.
Accidental poisoning is 3x higher. But has Obama made one speech about it?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

OK I'll ask my question again, why did you post this story?

Who cares why he posted it he stuck it in other current events which is appropriate. Personally I found the story interesting.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Murder is never a good thing. I agree with that 100%, no questions there.

Don't blame a gun though. Our world would be boring beyond words if we banned everything that makes killing easier.

Scissors

Cars

Bats

Frying Pans

The list is almost endless. We don't know why these men kicked in a door. That will play the biggest part in my opinion. I will blame the man that shot them or the man that was shot. I will not blame the gun.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

However, even if it is a factor (suppose the woman was running from a bad situatio, or in a bad situation) it still does not condone the men breaking into the apartment.

No, it does not, but I don't think we should assume any thing, like that the woman was in a bad situation.

Until now, we only have the version of the man that killed the other man.

A man killed another man BREAKING INTO HIS HOME. Who cares of the transition of the woman and child. Who is okay with someone breaking into their home? How would you have reacted if the headlines read that three victims murdered in a break in? Come on man, this is justified, I would do the same if I were in his shoes, would you NOT?

edit on 13-6-2013 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
NM
edit on 13-6-2013 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

If they were staying there and the police showed up it seems certain the woman and child felt they were safe there. It would be very unlikely for them to be there against their will.

These men forced their way into another mans home. Why is that okay?

For me anyone entering my home by force had better give me reason within seconds why they should not be killed. I do not care if they are armed or not. I am not taking the chances in waiting to ask them.

Raist
edit on 6/13/13 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

It seems pointless to argue. Those who are so afraid of guns will not listen to the argument that one can murder with ease with any tool they choose. If someone is looking to murder someone they will die, the tool is not really the issue.

These guys could just have easily entered the home and hacked each the man, woman, and child up with a machete had the guy been unarmed.

But regardless it is always the fault of the gun, they are just evil you know

Raist

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

Guns are evil don't you know?

The criminals were forced by society to break into this mans home. Each and every law abiding citizen caused them to be the way they were.

Raist

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join