It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cantor vows ‘serious' House investigation of NSA leaker Snowden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Oh brother.. Here we go. Tone deaf politicians looking to save their own butts and doing so against what I believe a good % of the public needs and demands to see here.

Let's see...... Congress and others are making hay about how the President is running rogue on National Security Snooping programs. A long time member of both the CIA and NSA areas of the U.S. Intelligence Community essentially throws his future away to come forward and tell what he knows about precisely what Congress has said they care so much about and will get to the bottom of. What do you do?

#1. Call up that NSA leaker for immediate testimony to get to the bottom of, what was last week, very important for Congress to get to the bottom of?

#2. Play like nothing happened or it's no big deal and a minor encroachment

#3. Go on a head hunt for the Whistle Blower himself and handily ignore the elephant in the room of what he is relating as clear and obvious (to my eyes anyway) constitutional abuse of authority and scope?

Well, I'm a number #1 guy. Obama seems a #2 guy. (Full of that as well, IMHO) and Cantor? Well, leave it to the idiot of the bunch to be a odd ball with #3. That's typical though. So lets hear his side of it.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) said Monday morning that Congress will launch a "very serious" investigation into the release of documents revealing broad phone and Internet surveillance programs by the National Security Agency (NSA).

"The investigation will be very serious, obviously," Cantor said on CBS.

oOoOoO... How about a "very serious" investigation into snopping up the dresses and tailpipes of Americans by an agency chartered for FOREIGN and *NOT* domestic intelligence gathering? Nawww... There are more important things! (This week... Pay no attention to last week. That was a loong time ago)

But while many are outraged at the existence of the NSA program itself, Cantor indicated that Congress will focus on whether Snowden broke any laws when he revealed its existence. Cantor said programs like the one run by NSA are needed to help thwart ongoing terrorist threats against the United States.

No. Programs like he's exposing are NOT NEEDED to combat terrorism against the United States. The threat didn't JUST APPEAR on 9/11. It's been a tactic since the first PLO Airline hijacking in 1968. It's been often targeted to the United States. Never before have they felt the need to hoover whole sectors of data about EVERYONE and inside the United States to boot!

"You have to sort of step back and ask yourself: There are legal avenues for an individual who is concerned about the violations of civil liberties to go about addressing those concerns through the inspector general process, coming forward, asking for whistle-blower protection, going to the courts, coming to Congress," Cantor said.
Source

Actually, I just have to step back and ask myself when his next re-election date is and how much pressure I can help apply from where I'm at in Missouri to seeing he doesn't return as a sitting member of the United States Congress.

The American people have been VIOLATED by this crap. Repeatedly. Daily. ..and he wants to shoot the messenger before considering and investigating the message. Yeah. That makes me wonder just who the actual enemy IS here.

Al Qaeda at least makes no bones about who and what they are. They're right up front about their desire to destroy us. Men like this do it in their own way while telling us it's to help us. :shk:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Most people in America view Snowden as a hero. Congress wants to persecute him as a traitor.

When will they ever start listening to the "will of the people" again?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
we need to throw all the buns out.

Term limits, 2 terms max would be a start

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This isn't surprising and it was really only a matter of time before someone called for his prosecution. It's like a bad play. Someone rocks the boat (and in this case throws the very evidence that Congress was seeking into their lap) and instead of the right people supporting and championing his cause, they instead try to silence him. In the end nothing changes and the corrupt keep on being corrupt. I bet the people responsible for this debacle aren't even holding their breath. They all know that this will blow over in a few weeks (months) and then it will be back to business as usual when the public (or at least the majority that matter) forgets about this and moves onto something else. Meanwhile, poor Snowden will disappear, never to be heard from again.

join