It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is translucent orange, looks like rounded triange, blocks stars, and covers 1/2 the sky in 3 s

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
As per my title

Was just in my back garden looking up and saw something REALLY weird.

A sort of translucent looking, soft orange rounded triangle, moving silently but very, very fast. It covered about half my visible sky from where Saturn is to approx Polaris in about 3 seconds. Definitely within the atmosphere as it blocked several stars on its way. No blinky lights, no noise or wind disturbance. Seemed *quite* high up but hard to tell. Looked totally different, and way faster than the seagulls that flew past a moment before in the other direction.

If you image a soft orange, translucent looking arrow head that's what I saw.

Im in Plymouth, UK and this happened about 5 minutes ago. no clouds in the sky and lots of stars out.

Any ideas?
edit on 9-6-2013 by siliconpsychosis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by siliconpsychosis

Yup, sounds to me like you got one of those real live un-identified alien flying contraptions there, either that or it's just a soft orange, translucent looking arrow head overhead.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Before I jump into an alien explanation I would like to hear some earthly explanations, if.possible, first!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Playing Devil's Advocate, I would say it's government trying out one of their new anti-gravity, cloaking drones.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I'm often in Eastbourn (few miles up the coast from you) and have seen what you describe about half a dozen times. When I've seen it, its been very slow moving. Each time I've seen it I noticed that although it moves very slowly (much too slow for a plain) its movement does indicate its using the atmosphere to move about just like a plane would, so doesn't appear to be anti gravity. I've seen it quite low too, and like you said, no noise at all.
What bothers me about it is the amount of orange glow, its like its TRYING to be seen.

Now I think about it, each time I've seen it, its disappeared towards your direction. Am I correct in thinking there's a large naval base in Plymouth? Maybe they've got SOMETHING?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Large dockyard. Proper naval base further down in Cornwall. Some RAF bases too. This thing was heading in a north west direction from me further into Devon and it was really moving!

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

If its the same thing I've been seeing then chances are you'll see it again, start carrying a camera, I have but I havent seen it since

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I, for one, welcome our Dorito overlords with open arms!

Seriously though...
cool story. At that size... I wonder if there are other reports?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
I, for one, welcome our Dorito overlords with open arms!

Seriously though...
cool story. At that size... I wonder if there are other reports?

Hahahaha

Not quite a Doritos. More like a fat boomerang arrowhead type thing. The weird thing was it didn't have seem to have hard edges. They were kinda fuzzy, like the blended into the background blackness. Was just a strange looking thing

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Was the orange lighting fiery, and moving with it movement. Or was some what on the outline of it, like individual lights.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Specimen

Was the orange lighting fiery, and moving with it movement. Or was some what on the outline of it, like individual lights.

Consistent medium bright orange. Not fiery.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

So a somewhat solid light with nothing to show, but just the light itself...Interesting. And it a rounded triangle too... I kind of got an idea of what it looks like. Probably is military.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Specimen

So a somewhat solid light with nothing to show, but just the light itself...Interesting. And it a rounded triangle too... I kind of got an idea of what it looks like. Probably is military.

Yeah pretty much. If you imagine orange colour jelly that's the colour.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by siliconpsychosis
As per my title

A sort of translucent looking, soft orange rounded triangle, moving silently but very, very fast. It covered about half my visible sky from where Saturn is to approx Polaris in about 3 seconds. Definitely within the atmosphere as it blocked several stars on its way. No blinky lights, no noise or wind disturbance. Seemed *quite* high up but hard to tell. Looked totally different, and way faster than the seagulls that flew past a moment before in the other direction.

Im in Plymouth, UK and this happened about 5 minutes ago. no clouds in the sky and lots of stars out.

Any ideas?

eh, posted at 05:45, you said this Happened about 5 mins ago In Plymouth.....dont know about Plymouth but up here in darkest Scotland it's Daylight around 04:45 at the moment..

edit on 10-6-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

forum time is off for me as well. It was 11.45 yesterday PM ish

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yes, you saw one. The orange glow is from the friction against the atmosphere heating the metal up til it glows. They move either really fast or really slow, rarely in between. They usually (at least in the early days) flew Westward. The triangle shaped ones were made so they could have more room inside. Imagine a fighter plane compared to a jetliner. Once the technology was perfected they made the big ones we see now. That's what you saw. I'm in the USA, and we have some kind of special relationship with the UK, where all this kind of stuff is shared as if we are the same country. So whatever we developed, we shared with you guys and we get to use your scientists and stuff to help with it. Some say we got the technology from Aliens, but I say we got it from the Nazi's at the end of WWII. Look up the 'Nazi Bell'. That thing could only float, and they couldn't control it. They had to hold it down with chains. But now, they have figured the whole thing out and have to cover it up. To do this, they come up with all sorts of BS about Aliens and anti-gravity physics, and magnetic stuff, and whatever sounds like you might believe. But I know how they work and you have never heard this theory talked about.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

It movement was more like a boomerang on ice(terrible analogy). Like it look like it want to go a bit backward while moving forward, but when it did, it somewhat accelerated forward. I wonder if it uses the wind to give it power when it in the atmosphere, and when it want to go further in speed, or in space, just switch on whatever gadget makes the dam thing work. Maybe just to save fuel or energy, unless they have it on all the time. Hate to see the bill.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-6-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by siliconpsychosis
As per my title

Any ideas?

I was Standing outside my House Last night about 11:00pm and witnessed the same type of object but it was not as large as you described. It was VERY Bright with an orange glow and i saw that it had a translucent triangle shape to it as well...not that this is validation BUT...I would suggest a slight possibility that we saw the same object.
Very cool! Oh and the fact I live in NY USA and your self in the UK is a nice addition as well if it is the same object. Possibly other ATSers saw the same object as well last night? S&F!
edit on 6/10/2013 by DjembeJedi because: addon

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DjembeJedi

Interesting. I would have liked to see what happenned further toward the horizon during my viewing but alas a house blocked my view.

The finny thing was even my dog was looking at it with her head cocked.in the WTF pose!
edit on 11-6-2013 by siliconpsychosis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This object sounds quite a bit like the object I saw in Iraq back in 1991.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join