It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese troops head to Calif. beach for training

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I guess this would go here.

After 68 years the Japanese have Landed in the US well Kind of

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Is it just me....or is the definition of Self Defense Force being a bit stretched when Japan is staging drills for Amphibious assault? Are they training to take BACK one of their own islands? If not....I think it's time someone directly ask this question or change their constitution to allow them a legal military with offensive capability. They seem to be making one whether it's "allowed" or not, anyway.

I was rather interested to see the story here...until the above hit me like a thunderclap. I just thought to myself it was so weird that we hadn't seen Japanese troops doing this before. Then...wait a sec..Japanese TROOPS?! Yeah... There is a problem here. Those terms, by their national constitution, are supposed to be mutually exclusive. How do the Japanese people feel about their nation rejoining the world military community as a power capable of offensive war? (Or working toward it, obviously..)?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
One thing I was thinking about why come to the US isnt Japan an Island dont they have there own beaches?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Or maybe a secret plan for Korea ,who REALLY hate them.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

I believe the little fiasco with China and South Korea has something to do with it, wouldn't want tensions would we after all South Korea and China haven't forgiven Japan's past crimes during World War 2

gulfnews.com...

www.scmp.com...

I wouldn't be surprise in the near future South Korea and Japan might go to war against each other once the USA starts abandoning their bases in Japan and South Korea due to the current economic crisis worsening.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
well it is a self imposed constitutional article mainly created to weaken and humble japan that the U.S forced on them, rather humiliating to follow such a thing and be kept weak and limited like they've been and the U.S no longer cares nor sees it as beneficial any more anyways. i'm sure japan will amend article 9 in the next few years to allow a true japanese military to be created in place of the JSDF, i see this as part of the preparation for.a japanese military re-building, only a matter of time, japan is too proud to remain weakened and we(the U.S) cant afford it either.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah when I was reading this I was thinking Japan didn't have a military in the since of offensive power.
I'm glad you posted that I didn't want to look like an idiot.

So I think this is where this discussion should go, not that they're training in California, but that they are building their military back up are at least that's the way it seems.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by namehere

but wouldn't the remilitarization of Japan make the North Koreans and South Koreans unite against a common enemy after all they both hated Japan.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by namehere

Are the Japanese wanting this I got the impression that not being militarized made them feel all new age, and superior to us barbarians with our military might.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Good. I think the whole country should move here. Japanese are well educated, so it's a good influence for our decadent society.

By the other hand, I'm worry for them. Hope they can resist the temptations we can offer.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

Are not the Japanese to be totally disarmed as per the post WWII agreement?

edit on 11-6-2013 by aboveandbelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aboveandbelow

We don't abide by things when they can benefit us. Japan is close to Korea and they let us have plenty of bases there, so why not invite them over and let them use our training facilities.

top topics

join