It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Video - Can Anyone Explain?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I know that there are people in the world that can do things like this, but I've personally never witnessed it myself first-hand. This was a first for me...

Now, before you attempt to explain this with the normal "strings", "wires", etc, I suggest you watch the video closely and some of the other videos posted on him. This could all be simply an illusion and nothing more, or there may be a simple explanation for how he does it, but I have not been able to find one other than he can really do it and it's not a trick.

As far as I can tell, he's a performer of some kind and claims to have traveled all over the world. He comes across as genuine, so it's hard to tell if it's all an act or not. He definitely knows how to meditate, and trained in India under a guru that taught him to channel his chakras, which is how he claims he is able to accomplish this amazing feat.

Looking forward to hearing what other ATS members have to say on this. I would ask that you please not be so quick to make bold claims that you know how this is done without any solid proof to show for it, like a demonstration video that reveals the inner workings of it.

I've always been interested in this subject, but if this turns out to be real and not some illusion or trick, my interest will turn more into a pursuit.

Mods - please move if you think this belongs somewhere else.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Discussed and explained here my friend

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
when the judges are allowed to come up on stage and wave their arms under and around him...and, and, he removes his stick support, I'll believe him...until then, it's a trick.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Look above his head as he throws the smoke bomb. Replay it if you have to.

There are 2 shiny reflections that could very possibly be wires. Working on a screenshot

EDIT: Screenshot below. Look back at the video and focus on the circled area. When you see him being raised as the reflections change, it will make more sense as the strings are synchronous with his actions.

Link to image

(Sorry i'm unable to throw the picture in this post, i'm yet to learn how such sorcery is achieved)

edit on 9-6-2013 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Course it's a trick.

Look at the rug...look around the fringe of the rug, we see an electrical wire running around the edge.

This has two purposes, it helps with the 'levitation', and the small pyrotechnic at the end.

My guess would be electromagnets hidden under the rug.

Look at the ridge / raised crease in the rug running in a straight line between his body.

Look at how particular he is about where he popsitions his staff, and look how the bottom of the wooden staff is totally black, indicating a solid lump of metal embedded into the staff bottom.

If you took an electromagnet, energised it with a 'shorting bar' across the magnetic poles, you could literally hang your body weight off the shorting bar, without adding extra energy, even when the energy is removed entirely the magnetic flux path keeps the shorting bar firmly in place.

There's plenty of YT videos showing this phenomena.

He probably has pancake coils embeded in the rug, and a small power source to energise the magnetic flux 'fixing' effect.

Not magic, not spiritual, but physics.

edit on 9-6-2013 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Thanks for the link! I didn't see that post when I searched for "Special Head"...

I read through that post, and the explanation that people tried to provide can be easily dismissed by watching his video. The other post claims that a "seat" is attached to the stick, and the stick is planted into the ground into a stable structure.

Watch the video... he sits down on the ground first, and lays the stick down completely flat. There is nowhere for the "seat" to hide at that point. He stands straight up from sitting down on the floor. Not only that, but you can see under the robe.

If it is a trick, it's an amazing one. But I didn't see anything offered in the other post that could explain it even though there were some compelling arguments, there are a lot of differences between his performance and the other videos.

The other post was also asking if anyone had seen the video, and I'm asking for someone to provide a solid explanation.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxdaniel21

There are 2 shiny reflections that could very possibly be wires. Working on a screenshot

EDIT: Screenshot below. Look back at the video and focus on the circled area. When you see him being raised as the reflections change, it will make more sense as the strings are synchronous with his actions.

Link to image

(Sorry i'm unable to throw the picture in this post, i'm yet to learn how such sorcery is achieved)

Nice try, but explain this one...

No where for wires my friend, he's on the beach in the sand.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
Course it's a trick.

Look at the rug...look around the fringe of the rug, we see an electrical wire running around the edge.

This has two purposes, it helps with the 'levitation', and the small pyrotechnic at the end.

My guess would be electromagnets hidden under the rug.

Look at the ridge / raised crease in the rug running in a straight line between his body.

Look at how particular he is about where he popsitions his staff, and look how the bottom of the wooden staff is totally black, indicating a solid lump of metal embedded into the staff bottom.

If you took an electromagnet, energised it with a 'shorting bar' across the magnetic poles, you could literally hang your body weight off the shorting bar, without adding extra energy, even when the energy is removed entirely the magnetic flux path keeps the shorting bar firmly in place.

There's plenty of YT videos showing this phenomena.

He probably has pancake coils embeded in the rug, and a small power source to energise the magnetic flux 'fixing' effect.

Not magic, not spiritual, but physics.

edit on 9-6-2013 by MysterX because: added text

Look at the other video I posted on the beach. Where's the wires and electromagnets? Where's the power source coming from?

The black on the bottom of the cane is a slip pad, which is standard on all canes and walking sticks, so that's not a valid argument whatsoever and doesn't indicate that it's a magnet in any sense. Perhaps you should look at the obvious first. If it were a strong magnet, particles of sand that contain metal particles such as iron would stick to the bottom.

While I can see there being a possibility that it could be done with magnets, nobody has proven or disproven it with any definite resolution so far.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

There is no such things in this world. A trick. Always tricks.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

My guess is fake (prosthetic) legs. He is able to support the weight of his torso with one arm (which I imagine is pretty strong and that's why he keeps it covered up).

Something just doesn't seem natural about the way he lifts his legs or the way he lands after levitating. That's probably why he collapses then walks off stiffly in the AGT video.
edit on 9/6/2013 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
when the judges are allowed to come up on stage and wave their arms under and around him...and, and, he removes his stick support, I'll believe him...until then, it's a trick.

Well, I couldn't get the judges to do it, but I found a video where you could see someone in the crowd come up and wave their hands under him on the street.

I'm really interested in hearing more about how this might be possible rather than how it's not. I'm sure everyone here could come up with 1000 theories as to how he does it, but unless you can PROVE it, it's purely speculation. I'm looking for something a bit more than assumptions and speculations.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

"Nice try"... but that doesn't disprove my original post. You can clearly see wires with a good set of eyes.

You're right. obviously he hasn't got access to wires on a beach, but he didn't seem too focused when he took a deep breath while up in the air, either.

Can hold himself in the air - yet can't maintain his air supply for a larger period of time

So i'll let you try and make a suggestion this time
This is ATS, after all. All you seem to be doing is discrediting possible answers when you're not even too sure yourself as evident in your OP.

I don't mean to sound rude, but it just comes across that you are dismissing my suggestion as not possible, with the words "nice try" and "before you attempt to explain this with wires"

Like you said, perhaps there is a simple explanation, like the common "wires" one

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless

There is no such things in this world. A trick. Always tricks.

Really?? So Shaolin monks can't break cement blocks with their heads, which would kill anyone else? Or lay on top of spears that should go through them like butter?

Slightly off-topic, but just to show you that it's not always just a trick:

You should try believing in things that might be greater than yourself.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
All I'm saying here folks, is why is it NOT possible?

If there are people in this world, that have the ability to do things like the Shoalin, through meditation, training and self-awareness, why is this any different? Why couldn't he channel his energy and hold himself up by one arm on a stick for 30 seconds?

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

It may well be possible. We really do not know. There are many unknown qualities of our universe.

I just find there may be easier explanations as opposed to someone truly levitating for tip money. A street performer and a person capable of focusing that level of energy (if it's true), seem too distant in terms of mindset

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Link to image

~Namaste

From the other ATS thread on this illusion...

"basically the performers loose fitting robe is concealing a solid metal seat that has a support on one side in the form on the "staff" "

Makes sense on multiple fronts.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
post below.
edit on 9-6-2013 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Really??

Really. Tricks will always be tricks.

So Shaolin monks can't break cement blocks with their heads, which would kill anyone else?

Yes they can, with the right blocks, right spacers and proper technique. But it sure does look remarkable.

Or lay on top of spears that should go through them like butter?

That's where you got fooled. The spears should not go through them like butter. If you're interested in how this is done, a simple google will give you the answer.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

It may well be possible. We really do not know. There are many unknown qualities of our universe.

I just find there may be easier explanations as opposed to someone truly levitating for tip money. A street performer and a person capable of focusing that level of energy (if it's true), seem too distant in terms of mindset

I fully agree with you and your perspective, I'm just trying not to stereotype based on appearances and truly see if there is any basis in reality for being able to do this. If this is possible for REAL, wouldn't you want to be able to have that level of control over your mind and body? I would... but I also wouldn't waste my time with it if it were just an illusion, which is why I'm so curious.

I've seen with my own eyes, Shaolin monks perform and fight. I've touched the tip of a spear that was needle sharp, and then watched as a monk balanced on top of it. In the same demonstration, I watched a blind-folded monk chop an arrow out of the air while his back was turned to it. There are ways to accomplish these types of things. I'm not sure I could train to be a Shaolin monk, but I do know how to meditate, so if it's a matter of reaching a level that this guy could be on, I'd like to know how.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Link to image

~Namaste

From the other ATS thread on this illusion...

"basically the performers loose fitting robe is concealing a solid metal seat that has a support on one side in the form on the "staff" "

Makes sense on multiple fronts.

That wouldn't explain how he's able to lay the stick down first in front of him... where does the seat go and how does it stay attached to the stick if it's laying down and completely disconnected from his body?

~Namaste

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join