It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Companies that DON'T give NSA access?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
In light of recent events "coming to light" about giving away our personal info, I am wondering if there is any such thing as companies that don't give NSA access to their members data ( if that is even possible ). That we could support.

Should we on mass delete our FB, gmail and microsoft accounts. You know just as a "finger" to the man?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Now wait a minute....we're living in 2013.....one must realize that there aint nobody you can trust.....it's a new dawn.....

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MindpurelyMind

Any time you're on the internet, on your cell, doing an electronic purchase you're tracked in some way shape or form.

Go completely off the grid, then you'll have no worries.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

They will simply create laws to force those companies to hand over the data.

There is a way to really pee them off though.
Create all you're emails as pictures.
By that I mean type your email as you normally would, then take a snap shot of it, and send that.
It's size would increase from just a few hundred bytes to 10's of thousands of bytes.
Add in some background noise like we see on those captcha confirmation devices and they'd have a real problem.
Scanning text for keywords is quick and easy, but scanning a picture for keywords takes up huge amounts of cpu cycles.
All the info is still there if they want it, but if we all did this they wouldn't be able to handle the volume. They'd be knackered!

The text above is 720 bytes.
Here it is as a picture (splodgy bits added to make it obvious) and its now 59 thousand bytes. If we all did this it would overload their system

edit on 8-6-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Come on you know that the government is looking out for your good.
we do have a constitution that they follow.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Well now you found a job write a email client with this option in it !

I will be one using it

edit on 8-6-2013 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

Actually I made an app that lets me grab any part of the screen (that's how I grabbed the pic above), and it does have the ability to send the pic as an email. Maybe I should market it.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I just found a list of companies that do not cooperate with NSA:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

explain that in a simple
manner the screen shot.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirited75
I just found a list of companies that do not cooperate with NSA:

Can you post it here? or are you joking?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Everyone these past weeks are in a confusion about "court orders" and "giving" it to them. That's outwardly speaking. Nobody is "giving" them anything...like there's a choice. They've been taking it illegally for years and years.

It's only now that its come out about should we and the companies that GIVE it...when all along, the gov's been TAKING IT! See? TAKING it! For years now.

On the face of it now...its being addressed about companies turning over records...and that's not the issue once you realize that those records have been monitored and archived for years, so the gov's never needed to wait for the physical files.

Youre just now finding it out...but the uproar shouldn't be about US giving or NOT giving "permission"...when its been a non-issue all these years because they've all...NOT the companies you speak of...the government...never asked for any of it all the while and years they've BEEN taking.

Its old news now...and that itself...should be the outrage. These companies don't have to allow anything when its been taken all along. People should be outraged at that.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Thanks for all your posts.
I will just address all of them at once.

You know it's not true that you can't trust anyone, if you spent some time with Mark zuckerburg or Eric smidt I am sure you come away thinking that they are ok guys. But their companies are doing things that ARE NOT OK. I am sure if they lost me as a customer they wouldn't even notice, but I notice. And if there is an alternative e-mail or social media site then I rather use it.

Everyone keeps talking about how hopeless it, well F*#K that!

I'm not naive enough to think that I don't have any privacy on the net BUT I CAN MAKE CHOICES and if enough people make those same choices, THINGS CHANGE. They change out of necessity. Instead waiting for things to get worst I think it's NECESSARY NOW. ( too many caps??) lol

Anyway, I just want to see if there is anything out there I can use instead of those guys as a simple step toward changing it.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Sadly if the companies refuse secret court orders they will be fine and the information will be obtained by supoena regardless thanks to the anti patriot act, no company for profits will want to lose anything this days.

Now, when it comes to mining data that is what most companies does they are profitable, very profitable, remember everything you do or put forward in the net or else, somebody is making money out of it.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

In days gone by I would have said government but we all know who's behind all this now. Corporate money. Well, fine. But I sure as # can stop using their stuff if there is an alternative. And that's what I am hoping to find. i.e. I made the switch to Linux, best F#*king thing I've ever done.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
So far, all I can find is that "twitter" is the only internet company to get tough on giving users info away.

Link to article

Now we just need them to produce our cars, food, banking etc etc

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I was joking.
how could any
company refuse to help?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yeah, your right, you as a consumer have NO POWER and NO RIGHTS F8#k it. Shut down this site and give up.

...Actually that sounds pretty appealing.
edit on 9-6-2013 by MindpurelyMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

But, unless you have your own broadcast-ISP for you and you alone (even then, youll be using shared satelittes)...the energy you are sending back and forth is being observed. Linux or anything else STILL shares it as it travels thru the internet to get your encripted scripts thru the networks...no matter how you send it.

Thats the point...your point of origin in the net itself...and given that...we all have no other way to transmit...that isnt being monitored right now. There is no "private internet". A bunch of encription-hard to unscramble messages...but it still get sent that way across the only means we have...shared ISP's and microwave towers...all of us...every-time.

There is no encription the gov cant unscramble...they have the best tools and "spooks" who know how to use them. Nothing is safe once it leaves our hands and is all up for grabs.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

Go completely off the grid, then you'll have no worries.

And no life.

Hey, I used to watch Grizzly Adams and dream of that life. But, now I live on a ranch, and I can tell you that being without modern conveniences for a short time really sucks. You never really appreciate electricity and running water until you've had to do without it for a while (when we first got the place, a lot of work was needed, and we had some times when we had no power or running water, or both).

So much so, that I'm gradually taking steps so that even if the world went to crap, we'd still be able to retain some of those conveniences. Going off the grid is easy (if you like squalor). Going off the grid in comfort...not so much. (and it's expensive).

new topics

top topics

join