It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Diving Next Extreme Sport

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'd rather be able to 'hang out' up there a bit, a few hundred passes around the globe to take in the sites of the world, the moon, the stars ...

I can see the thrill in the plunge.

Do you need the rocket boots because your speed is so great, you don't have time to slow down from the increasing atmospheric density?

Anyone consider opening the parachute at maximum effective altitude and floating down for hours? I think that would be a lot of time to appreciate the scene more than free-falling ... though making sure you don't land somewhere ridiculous or getting caught in a jet stream might be an issue? :p

Don't know if I'd have the gall to make the jump, but would sure love a proper flight and landing to visit space ... unless I find my calling, don't expect to have the resources to pour into such a thing :/

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Done a few bungee jumps in my time and a skydive from 14k feet.

By far the scariest was the bungee jump as you can see every detail of the ground your jumping towards. The skydive just seemed a bit surreal.

So given the chance, I'd love to have a crack at this. Man what a view!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The big question is would you do it?

I think 'can you afford it' is an equally big question

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

I'm thinking around the same lines!

Imagine a cross between bobsledding and blade-runner, zipping around the Earth, using boosters/jet-packs, or both, to utilize the Earths gravity to accelerate our orbit, racing in teams, maybe two team members assisting each other.. my imagination goin karazay!!
beam me up, shoot me down!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

edit on 11-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Me thinks they need to take into consideration how to best clean out the suit after a jump for reuse. Or maybe man -diapers will be mandatory ... depends.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
dear lord finance depending.

without
any
hesitation.

to see the sight of earth from that height and not be sat in front of a feed from iss
or a video i would donate organs for that expedience

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

cprnicus
Me thinks they need to take into consideration how to best clean out the suit after a jump for reuse. Or maybe man -diapers will be mandatory ... depends.

Was this shared on thatwhichshantbenamedbook before you commented, or did you bump it which caused it to be shared!

lol

"We must go into space!!!!!!"
"Why?"
"So we can jump back down to earth, silly."

I'd do it.. I'm scared of heights. But that's not a height. That's an experience.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I absolutely LOVE this thread and all the replies!

I would sooooooo do this!!!!! I mean seriously... what a "high" lmao

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This is cool but they really need to change the name of it until people are actually diving from space.

No one had dived from space since space starts 62 miles (or 328,084 feet) high.

No one has jumped from there. The first person who does will get astronaut wings from the FAA.

Felix Baumgartner, the guy from the "Space Jump" never got astronaut wings because he never went to space.

He just jumped from 128,000 feet (39 km or 24 miles) up.

As you can see from the above chart, that isn't space. That's the Stratosphere.

Space starts above that red line in the Thermosphere.

edit on 22-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Bedlam
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

edit on 11-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

Only that was never done. It was a design.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

lostbook
reply to post by SLAYER69

You can bet that there will be Space racing in the near future. Galactic Nascar anyone?

Well they don't go into space (yet) but there is already a Rocket Racing League. This video describes it as part Star Wars Pod Racing, part Nascar.

edit on 22-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join