It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing a song about those with mental disorders. Need your help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm writing a song about mental disorders...It's obviously a serious song.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any input on common traits among those with various mental illnesses. Talking about bipolarism, schizo, etc.

First hand experience or second hand experience. I wrote something already, but I want to change up my lyrics to make it even more indepth and personal.

Thanks!

soundcloud.com...
edit on 7-6-2013 by Ptenjakin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ptenjakin

Very nice sounding, why would you want to change it up? The only thing I felt it needed was a bit more build/bass during the second verse 0:48 and towards the end 3:12. Other than that it sounded tight to me.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Blades144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blades144

I feel the lyrics may be too generic. I'm looking to channel some other views to make it more expandable i guess?

Thanks for checking it out though

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Call it "WE" and write lyrics to reflect the duality of one person from opposing points of view.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Nice sound/frequencies
. Was very nice experience to listen to.

My guess is that Schizophrenia is related to misfiring third eye/pineal gland that causes the person to be aware of things normally not understood yet by science.

Instead of finding our and dealing with the problem we seem to medicate the third eye to not work anymore even if that have long term effect on the person ability to grow and function. What the people around a person call an hallucination might not be an hallucination but have a cause in a place that people cannot perceive.

en.wikipedia.org...

People who have activated kundalini can experience what science would call tactile, auditory and visual hallucinations but they are anything but random.
edit on 7-6-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I have Schizoaffective Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder..

I released my CD to iTunes and 40 other stores...called it 'Skilled Psychosis'....I go by the name 'Sirius'

Skilled Psychosis by Sirius aka Im a Marty

Now...regarding the conditions, because its so vast and varied - schizophrenia being an umbrella of other smaller conditions, there probably too much to list.

However that being said....lets talking about Psychosis.

Basic personality traits are as follows:

Delusional
Hallucinations
Paranoia
Fear
Anxiety
Mood Disorders

Specifically with delusional, someone may believe they are the anti-christ or the devil...this goes in line with narcissistic type behaviour in the reversed sense....for example severe lack of self worth, but to the degree of adding delusions (anti-christ or devil) to paranoia (world is after them because of this) fear (result of believing its true) anxiety (unable to function in the real word) mood instability (depression from constant thoughts)....and halluicinations whether auditory or visual or tactile....all a packaged deal that is based on a personality based on 'inadequacy' or 'lack of self worth' mixed with grandeur beliefs of ones self..

Any more - just ask

edit on 13/6/7 by Im a Marty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ptenjakin

Who does she listen to?
she listens only to herself
inside her head, lives no one else

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle
Nice sound/frequencies
. Was very nice experience to listen to.

My guess is that Schizophrenia is related to misfiring third eye/pineal gland that causes the person to be aware of things normally not understood yet by science.

And a guess is exactly what it is, because even mainstream psychiatry do not know how their medications work properly, all trial and error.

The pineal gland is the balancing gland between the left and right hemispheres of the brain. It is what is connected to the subconscious mind, it also starts calcifying at around 30+ yrs of age (so 'firing' less)

However saying that its the pineal gland that causes the person to be aware of things not understood by science could be misleading, although I believe you to a certain degree, its just inaccurate in saying 'its the be all and end all'

Instead of finding our and dealing with the problem we seem to medicate the third eye to not work anymore even if that have long term effect on the person ability to grow and function. What the people around a person call an hallucination might not be an hallucination but have a cause in a place that people cannot perceive.

en.wikipedia.org...

Trying to deal with a world wide epidemic of schizophrenia/psychosis and other mental disorders in your ideologies of how mental health should function which is utopian to say the least (and I agree that one on one is a must) it simply isn't possible to put it in place, practitioners with no first hand experience try and label clientelle and have no raport or personal relationship building skillsets. Training of such practitioners need to be done by individuals that have this condition in the first place. Its all about budget and costs.

Medication has its place, I was jabbed to put me to sleep because I was hysterical at one stage, It could have been a nasty night for many people, but I was jabbed, and fell asleep within 15 minutes. Medications has its place, and sometimes its needed to 'settle' down an individual'

Hallucinations 'could' be seeing other dimensions, 'could' be communications with angels or the departed....but in all honesty, its most likely not. You'll find that peoples hallucinations and delusions has got 90% to do with their belief systems or what they grew up to understand and believe. IE a Christian with hallucinatory disorder would not see 'Mohammed' standing by his bed, Only Mary (if catholic) or Jesus.

People who have activated kundalini can experience what science would call tactile, auditory and visual hallucinations but they are anything but random.
edit on 7-6-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

How was your experience with Kundalini? Scary wasn't it.

To me when 'I' was going through Kundalini, I went into another alternate reality, things were futuristic, my wife's hair was longer and purple tinge, when I returned she had short hair again and back to brown. I experienced the opposite when in Hospital, like I went to a 'hell' of a place alternate reality.

What brought me back to the 'real' world? A Magical pill by the name of Abilify. Took 6 weeks to work, but I returned from my Kundalini activation and seeing alternate realities with an anti-psychotic medication. In all honesty it saved my life.

When people talk 'Kundalini' etc.. its just another belief system, it probably has truth, but its still a belief system with no physical evidence of it, and this entertains the ideologies of the individual so they 'still' seem to believe they are special in some way without being affected negatively with the 'crazy' label.

I believe the mind controls the brain and the brain controls the body. Sometimes the brain is just messed up from chemical pollution be it food or any other parasites. The operating system is faulty because the hardware is dieing.

Need to fix the hardware so the OS can work properly. THEN work on upgrading the OS so the hardware can function at its optimum, not the other way around.

Medication is a must in some cases.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Thanks for all of your feed back and knowledge. Especially first hand.

It will really help me with writing my song and I will definitely check out some of your work when I get back tonight.

top topics

join